Old 01-07-2016, 10:33 PM   #601
Nattih

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST Reputation

I think they are over me. They both gave me the side eye as I brought in a plate of broccoli and strawberries to eat. Where is the good stuff? The burgers? The pepperoni pizza? The chicken? All the rest of the stuff they beg for and I share with them. They think I am some kind of imposter.
Nattih is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nattih For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2016, 10:36 PM   #602
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Oliver went to the vet and all was okay at first until the tech started to clean his ears. She overstimulated him and I saw the seizure coming too late. She ran to get help and I kept him from falling onto the floor. It was a really bad one. I'd been hopeful since it was just a few days shy of one month since the last one and I honestly think he wouldn't have had one if the ear cleaning was done like the last time but the vet and tech I had last time weren't there and this tech did it completely different. Now we all know.

It's unfortunate that Oliver suffered for our mistake. That won't happen again. He's doing his impersonation of a camel with his lump of fluids on his back and side and is laying in the bed he only lays in when he really feels like shit. I failed as his advocate today but he still looked for me when they were stabbing and poking and prodding him so I think he may forgive me.

No medicine for him tonight. He's had enough and still has the wraparound bandage on his leg from the anti-seizure shot they gave him.
Oh, gosh, Gemme. I am so very, very sorry. He was really hanging in there. He loves you and knows you are in his corner! He sees it and he feels it.

Lechelco, the key to this whole treadmill thing is that if you turn it on, they WILL walk. What is the option? To fly off the back?

I know cats don't need exercise like dogs. Please, don't get me wrong, I am very active with my dog. He is a Jack Russell though (needs BIG TIME exercise), and I can't walk him long distances every day.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2016, 10:46 PM   #603
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattih View Post
I think they are over me. They both gave me the side eye as I brought in a plate of broccoli and strawberries to eat. Where is the good stuff? The burgers? The pepperoni pizza? The chicken? All the rest of the stuff they beg for and I share with them. They think I am some kind of imposter.
My dog LOVES fruits and vegetables. My mother was stunned by this, since she assumes he would love the crap she gives him, rather than fruits and veggies. That is all he gets from me though, besides his dog food.

She knows that her giving him the unhealthy stuff drives me nuts, but she thinks she is "just being a grandmother".

Fortunately, he doesn't stay with her super often.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2016, 11:50 PM   #604
Nattih

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
My dog LOVES fruits and vegetables. My mother was stunned by this, since she assumes he would love the crap she gives him, rather than fruits and veggies. That is all he gets from me though, besides his dog food.

She knows that her giving him the unhealthy stuff drives me nuts, but she thinks she is "just being a grandmother".

Fortunately, he doesn't stay with her super often.
I share mostly meat with my dogs. The only health food they will accept is watermelon. Everything else they will sit on the floor and look at me like I am crazy lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nattih For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #605
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pets

Tonight all is quiet. The kitties are taking turns in my lap.
Cuddle time.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2016, 07:54 PM   #606
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Oliver has been a little lethargic today and is stumbling around like a drunken sailor because of the meds the vet gave him last night.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2016, 09:02 PM   #607
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

He is laid out between my knees in the recliner. I think he might have a tummy ache. He has eaten everything I have today. He had grits and butter and cheese, bacon, popcorn, and fat off the wings. He doesn't usually get people food, so he thinks he's top dawg today

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2016, 10:04 AM   #608
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Thankfully, he's feeling better. Unfortunately, that means talking to me and waking me up in the middle of the night.

Twice.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2016, 11:08 AM   #609
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
I share mostly meat with my dogs. The only health food they will accept is watermelon. Everything else they will sit on the floor and look at me like I am crazy lol.
Get them some of those small carrots. My dog loves all fruits and vegetables. Maybe you just have to start with something and go from there.

His dog food is 95% meat, no grains.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2016, 05:21 PM   #610
Nattih

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Little puppy seems to be trying to bite his foot off of his body. I guess it's time for a good soak for him
The Following User Says Thank You to Nattih For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2016, 06:38 PM   #611
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Oliver must be super sensitive today. He's hiding on my bed and only came out for food and a welcome home pet fest.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:09 PM   #612
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pets

As far as I see the older kitty brought the big toy to the front door in the hopes that I would come home early. Now that I am home they are running, jumping, and playing to impress me. I am loved.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2016, 08:56 PM   #613
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Little puppy seems to be trying to bite his foot off of his body. I guess it's time for a good soak for him
I'm a little concerned about your household.

Your dogs won't eat vegetables or fruits and you have a dog who is chomping on his own foot.

I think you should send me your animals. Unless you have cats. Then just send me the dogs.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2016, 04:22 AM   #614
Nattih

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I'm a little concerned about your household.

Your dogs won't eat vegetables or fruits and you have a dog who is chomping on his own foot.

I think you should send me your animals. Unless you have cats. Then just send me the dogs.
Lol take them! 2 shih tzus. They require you to spend all of your waking hours serving them, they own your legs as pillows, and you will never get mail service again after they chase the postworker away. But they are cute.

The reason he was biting his foot was allergies apparently so I gave him his meds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nattih For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2016, 06:27 AM   #615
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Lol take them! 2 shih tzus. They require you to spend all of your waking hours serving them, they own your legs as pillows, and you will never get mail service again after they chase the postworker away. But they are cute.

The reason he was biting his foot was allergies apparently so I gave him his meds.
Love Shih Tzus. Years and years ago, mine took on a Mastiff mix that was trying to get under our gate to eat her and her 15 lb miniature Irish Setter brother. He stuck his muzzle under the gate and she scratched every bit of him that showed through. Wound up with a police record in that city (The officers that answered the other owner's call had to by law and they had to take a picture of the 'offending' pet so the officer opened his hand and my dog sat there in her diaper on his palm with a jingly cat toy in her mouth.). It was a story that made the rounds in the police department. It's not every day a 6lb dog goes up against a 75lb dog and wins. It's not every day that the person who complains gets fined by the department for not fixing their fence and, thus, allowing Ginormirex out to terrorize the neighborhood.

Shih Tzu means lion-hearted or lion dog. Emperors used to conceal them in the giant sleeves of their robes for a final line of defense if attacked. They are super smart. Of course, they are stubborn as all get out too. She was difficult to potty train so we used preemie diapers with a hole cut out for her tail and a denim Velcro 'pant' over that. When she was trained, we took them off. She'd had them on so long that she was bowlegged from them. Even funnier than watching her walk around was that she refused to go outside until she had her pants back on so we put them back on, minus the diaper.

She wanted everyone to know she wore the pants in the family.

Today, Oliver decided to not run out of the bedroom as soon as we got up. He was hungry but he knows that right after breakfast comes medicine so he didn't want that and actually fought me a bit today when I applied his drops. He might be a bit under the weather. Normally, he moves around a lot at night but he stayed for hours in the same spot against my hip and back.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2016, 03:46 PM   #616
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,169 Times in 5,134 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Tiny Dog finally took an interest today in the bone that she got for Christmas. She had completely ignored it ever since she got it, until today. Then somehow, she managed to break it completely in half lengthwise. We're talking about a seriously large bone here, probably the leg bone of a cow, quite thick, and too heavy for her to pick up with her mouth (or at least, she never tried to). So no more bone for Tiny Dog! That one has to go in the trash. She had already chipped off tiny pieces of it by the time I got to it, and I don't want her to have those. I will be keeping an extra close eye on her poop for several days. (Thanks a lot, Tiny Dog.) After a few days, she can have a bully instead.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2016, 05:59 PM   #617
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:

Today, Oliver decided to not run out of the bedroom as soon as we got up. He was hungry but he knows that right after breakfast comes medicine so he didn't want that and actually fought me a bit today when I applied his drops. He might be a bit under the weather. Normally, he moves around a lot at night but he stayed for hours in the same spot against my hip and back.
Gemme, I loved your little shih tzus story (minus the bow legged part... that made me sad), but I of course focused in on Oliver...

Isn't there an end point to these drops?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #618
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Gemme, I loved your little shih tzus story (minus the bow legged part... that made me sad), but I of course focused in on Oliver...

Isn't there an end point to these drops?
End point = when his ear infections are gone. They are far from that point now. First there was antibiotics and then the steroids and now the drops with the twice monthly vet ear cleanings.

Once the ear infections are taken care of, we will move onto dental issues. He can't go under until we have those cleared up as it's likely he won't react well to it.

Why would you be sad about the bowlegged part? Gidget was adorable and she'd worn them from a few weeks old so she grew around them. Do you feel sad when you see a cowboy/cowgirl walk? They are bowlegged because of their lifestyles as well.

Wearing the doggie pants was her choice. She was perfectly potty trained to go outside and let us know when she had to go but she chose to get our attention, stand right in front of the door and piss. Multiple times. As soon as we put the pants back on her, she was cool.

I think she liked the routine of her coming to us, us chasing her down to get them off, all the while talking to Brodie and chastising her for wiggling so much and then the mad dash for the door. It was playtime for her.

You get sad about interesting things. You are a strange duck, my friend.

Today is a progression of yesterday for Oliver. I'm certain he's feeling 'twingey' aka close to a seizure. He isolates himself, which is something that is sad. Smart but sad. Sometimes he can stave it off long enough for it to pass and for him not to have one, which is good, so I give him as much space and time as he needs.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 01-13-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:15 PM   #619
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Yeah, I think I am really weird about animals. I probably project a lot of my person shit onto them. Who knows where the heck it comes from.

I also didn't realize that cowboys/girls were bow legged. Or that it would be due to riding a horse a lot (when young, I suppose?). I actually thought that was a myth and that the only way a person could become bow legged was being born that way. Is that incorrect?

I hope Oliver can avoid this one, and not seize.

Quote:
End point = when his ear infections are gone. They are far from that point now. First there was antibiotics and then the steroids and now the drops with the twice monthly vet ear cleanings.

Once the ear infections are taken care of, we will move onto dental issues. He can't go under until we have those cleared up as it's likely he won't react well to it.

Why would you be sad about the bowlegged part? Gidget was adorable and she'd worn them from a few weeks old so she grew around them. Do you feel sad when you see a cowboy/cowgirl walk? They are bowlegged because of their lifestyles as well.

Wearing the doggie pants was her choice. She was perfectly potty trained to go outside and let us know when she had to go but she chose to get our attention, stand right in front of the door and piss. Multiple times. As soon as we put the pants back on her, she was cool.

I think she liked the routine of her coming to us, us chasing her down to get them off, all the while talking to Brodie and chastising her for wiggling so much and then the mad dash for the door. It was playtime for her.

You get sad about interesting things. You are a strange duck, my friend.

Today is a progression of yesterday for Oliver. I'm certain he's feeling 'twingey' aka close to a seizure. He isolates himself, which is something that is sad. Smart but sad. Sometimes he can stave it off long enough for it to pass and for him not to have one, which is good, so I give him as much space and time as he needs.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2016, 06:53 AM   #620
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Yeah, I think I am really weird about animals. I probably project a lot of my person shit onto them. Who knows where the heck it comes from.

I also didn't realize that cowboys/girls were bow legged. Or that it would be due to riding a horse a lot (when young, I suppose?). I actually thought that was a myth and that the only way a person could become bow legged was being born that way. Is that incorrect?

I hope Oliver can avoid this one, and not seize.
Oliver seems to be feeling a bit better today but was very stern about getting into the bedroom after getting his medicine. I leave a towel on the bed where he tends to lay and last night there were a few small bits of ear stuff so that's not great. I'm running out of drops anyway so I need to pick some more up soon and I'll reschedule with my favorite vet so he can clean his ears properly.

In people, we're all pretty much born bowlegged. Being stuck in the womb, scrunched up for 3/4 of a year, makes all of us a little bowlegged. We usually outgrow it by age 3. There are some diseases that contribute to it and if there's physical trauma that might contribute to it.

When I say that Gidge was bowlegged, I don't mean like this.

For Dapper, there is an ANIMAL in this link.

I mean it was more like this.

For Dapper, there is another ANIMAL in this link.

Hate me yet? lol

Her back legs grew out a bit to accommodate the diaper and pants. It didn't harm her or restrict her activity in any way.

I'm misunderestimated.

Tags
animals, pets