Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Singles Mingle

Old 11-12-2009, 02:20 AM   #1
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Waldo's Guide to Being a Singular Sensation

You've got two options when you're single:

1. Sullen and Single
2. Singular Sensation

I'm working on #2 (shut it 'Dusa) and finding new and interesting ways to enjoy the single life.

Lesson number one: How To Dine Solo In Public

I actually honed this skill years ago when I began traveling for work. Now I can walk into any restaurant in any city in the world and proudly request a table for one with my head held high and a smile on my face.

It's easiest to accomplish this daunting task by bringing a magazine, a book or a journal. Bringing a laptop to "work" only makes you look like you're a workaholic (not that I would know ANYTHING about that!). This allows you to focus your attention on something other than "what are they thinking about me?"

Eventually you may find yourself able to just bring the book or journal and leave it closed on the table. It's kind of like a security blanket. It's just nice to have there. The bonus here is that you can start to pay attention to the people around you. My favorite part of this phase it that you pick up on conversations. I happen to make up entire histories for couples around me. Sometimes I blog about those stories. If I did this more regularly I'm certain I could write a best seller!

After this stage you might be able to move into the advanced stage where you seek out restaurants with "community tables" or dining bars where you can dine with others and open up opportunities to meet new people. Do not attempt this advanced maneuver if you are prone chewing with your mouth open or spitting when you talk. It's poor form and will only cause people to stare and whisper.

Whether you're hoping they are fleeting or not, enjoy your single days while you've got them.
Waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Waldo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 04:01 AM   #2
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

*raises his hand* Single here. I don't mind dining alone if I am at an event by myself. For example, I went to IMsL in 07 by myself, basically knowing no one. I instantly met people and made friends, only had to eat one meal alone. Didn't bother me though.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 04:41 AM   #3
Paphigleo

How Do You Identify?:
da Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
open to new possibilities

Paphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST Reputation

Single workaholic here.

I also don't mind dining alone. I don't get much opportunity though. When I'm not working I'm either home alone or with friends.

I am the stone that the builder refused

I can't do this all on my own... I'm no Superman.

My armor, battered but strong. My sword, pitted but razor sharp. My body is bloodied but doesn't know to quit. I am battle-tested and proven, I shall live to fight another day.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...91850051_n.jpg
Paphigleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #4
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Used to hate eating alone. Then I realized why. I was very poor company. lol

I've corrected that. I do love meeting friends for dinner, but it's also fun to just go by myself and relax. I generally do have a book with me though. Not to hide! I just read all the darn time if I'm not writing (or playing on the computer-heh).

Great thread, Waldo.

I would also suggest Meetup.com as a way to meet others who have similar interests. When I lived in Denver, I was very fond of the Tarot Meetup group. The one here has fizzled but I am toying with the idea of launching some in January. I also have taken up hooping although I haven't had any time for that in a while

Besides...if you eat alone you can pick the place and not worry that someone doesn't like something!
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 09:14 AM   #5
Mindy

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
Single

Mindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST Reputation

I have absolutely no problem going out alone to a restaurant and I don't think I've ever really taken a book with me or anything like that. In my 20's there was a restaurant I worked at and I'd go in there for cheap eats when I was off work sometimes and since I worked there, I was pretty comfortable going in alone to eat, and that is how I got over the insecure feeling you sometimes get when going out alone to dine.

Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mindy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I think "cupcake" has a nice ring to it
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

TeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST Reputation

While you know I'm attached at the hip with my better half, I enjoy dining alone. Work travel forced me to do it and I actually enjoy sitting and people watching or sitting at a bar and enjoying lunch, a beer, etc.

When I drop the boys off at the groomers I like to hit my fav wine bar and hang out and enjoy a great wine or whiskey (the damn Scot's did that to me).

Dining alone reminds me to slow down and take stock in the great joys of my life and that I'm damn good company:-)
TeaPartyTart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TeaPartyTart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #7
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

I tend to be a person who worries way to much about what other people are thinking, but that has never stopped me from dining out alone. I simply enjoy dining out more with others. I have enjoyed a very lovely meal with someone who was "spanging" asking for change one evening outside a place I was about to go in to dine alone.

What I do not care for is cooking at home, alone. I am the queen of tupperware and freezing stuff. However, I dont really enjoy even the eating part, alone. I would love to hear some ways to do so more sensationaly.

A Pearl, in lace.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
I tend to be a person who worries way to much about what other people are thinking, but that has never stopped me from dining out alone. I simply enjoy dining out more with others. I have enjoyed a very lovely meal with someone who was "spanging" asking for change one evening outside a place I was about to go in to dine alone.

What I do not care for is cooking at home, alone. I am the queen of tupperware and freezing stuff. However, I dont really enjoy even the eating part, alone. I would love to hear some ways to do so more sensationaly.

A Pearl, in lace.
I'll make that Lesson Numero Dos
Old 11-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #9
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

PnL, you have hit on one of my favorite subjects.

When you cook for yourself, set the table too. Have a little glass of wine (if you drink). Pour your drink into a glass. Do NOT stand up and eat over the sink.

I love to cook and have a ton of things that can be modified to one person. Or you can make a large meal and freeze it up for later.

We have a cooking thread in the Hobbies forum..
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #10
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Exactly, Arwen!

You're special, so act like it. Romance yourself. I always feel better about myself when I treat myself like I treat others, no matter my relationship status.

I would, however, like to point out that one does not have to be singular to be sensational. Me, myself and I all agree!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #11
Paphigleo

How Do You Identify?:
da Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
open to new possibilities

Paphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST Reputation

I do not cook at home alone like I do when coupled, I do exercise my cooking bone when I visit friends.

Cooking for myself is not as much fun, I am all about feeding people. Not so much myself.

I am the stone that the builder refused

I can't do this all on my own... I'm no Superman.

My armor, battered but strong. My sword, pitted but razor sharp. My body is bloodied but doesn't know to quit. I am battle-tested and proven, I shall live to fight another day.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...91850051_n.jpg
Paphigleo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paphigleo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #12
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
a pistol and a sugar cane
Relationship Status:
I promise to aid and abet

Location: in between poems where ceilings are floors and joe ghost floats achromatic toward day
evolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I could eat alone.

I hate the way they stare at you.

Expecting something.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #13
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I think "cupcake" has a nice ring to it
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

TeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolveme View Post

Expecting something.
That's the server waiting for you to pay the check.
TeaPartyTart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeaPartyTart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #14
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post

When you cook for yourself, set the table too. Have a little glass of wine (if you drink). Pour your drink into a glass. Do NOT stand up and eat over the sink.
oh now see... that's reserved for bachelors who try to avoid doing dishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolveme View Post

Expecting something.
They are just checking out your hotness e.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #15
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
a pistol and a sugar cane
Relationship Status:
I promise to aid and abet

Location: in between poems where ceilings are floors and joe ghost floats achromatic toward day
evolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
They are just checking out your hotness e.
Maybe The Bent because he needs to wear his glasses and doesn't, but I seriously doubt that The Child and The Animals care too much about my hot factor.

But thank you, Waldo. I luv you too.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #16
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Singular, yes. Sensational, eh, not so much.
I am so used to eating alone, but I dont' really mind it at all. Heck, even when I am coupled, it is usually a LDR and I eat alone most nights any way.

My favorite thing to do is argue with myself and fight over the check at the table when out in public. Of course I am usually seated in the bar area because it just works better for me to be close to the bartender. That is a whole other thread there.
Just_G is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Just_G For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #17
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue

7 Highscores

Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I don't mind eating alone. I just do not like to take too much time preparing food for just myself.
I love cooking for other people and hosting dinner parties for friends.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #18
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I missed the cooking gene. I don't cook at all. I can heat things, like in the micro or toaster oven, but I hate trying to cook. It feels weird and unnatural for me. Plenty of people have tried to teach me, but it just doesn't take. So, my bachelor life consists of things you buy that you can heat at home and eat.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #19
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I was exactly like you until I met an Executive Chef from North carolina. She taught be to cook over the phone and gave me delicious recipes as well as planned all my grocery shopping. Now i love to cook, even for myself.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #20
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie
I missed the cooking gene. I don't cook at all. I can heat things, like in the micro or toaster oven, but I hate trying to cook. It feels weird and unnatural for me. Plenty of people have tried to teach me, but it just doesn't take. So, my bachelor life consists of things you buy that you can heat at home and eat.

I missed the cooking gene too. I can microwave, I can open a can and I can make the basics (like mac 'n cheese) but don't ask Me to cook cuz its not a forte of Mine. I would maybe in the future like to get into it more, which would probably make My poor mom happy (but she is the cook)
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post: