Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 03-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #461
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Dakrari- click the chat logo on the home page. Upper right hand corner!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #462
Daktari

Thanks ever so much Medusa
Old 04-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #463
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

How can I delete previous user's notes? Thanks.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #464
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
How can I delete any user's notes from being posted? Thanks.
You cannot delete user notes. That requires an admin rights.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:06 AM   #465
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Is there any chance of ever adding an option for posting, to save your font settings (font/size/color/B/I...etc)?
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #466
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Is there any chance of ever adding an option for posting, to save your font settings (font/size/color/B/I...etc)?
In the off chance that it counts, that would get my vote!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #467
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Yes and No.

Once we upgrade to 4.0 (our forum software solution), there is a mod that actually *will* save people's posting and font preferences. The problem is that we don't know what kind of load that will put on the system because it basically means that our server will have to search a "font table" every time you make a post to determine what your style should be.

This might be way more server intensive that we can handle for this many posters but we will certainly test it and see!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #468
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Yes and No.

Once we upgrade to 4.0 (our forum software solution), there is a mod that actually *will* save people's posting and font preferences. The problem is that we don't know what kind of load that will put on the system because it basically means that our server will have to search a "font table" every time you make a post to determine what your style should be.

This might be way more server intensive that we can handle for this many posters but we will certainly test it and see!

The only reason I asked about it, is because it is so difficult to use those features, when you are posting from a smart phone or tablet.

Thank you for answering Medusa, I can only hope it works, but if it doesn't, I promise I won't cry...
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #469
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

I was attempting to make my signature line area smaller but no matter what I do (delete blank lines, smaller font, etc), I get the following error message:

1. BB code size value is too big.

What does this mean in everyday plain language?

Thank you

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #470
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
I was attempting to make my signature line area smaller but no matter what I do (delete blank lines, smaller font, etc), I get the following error message:

1. BB code size value is too big.

What does this mean in everyday plain language?

Thank you

BB code is the code that is used to modify how characters appear (e.g., bold, italics, size of the font). It sounds like you might have been going too large with the font size.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #471
Ts_kaijira

How Do You Identify?:
Tommi's Kaijira
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
tied up

Ts_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Question Why can't I....

Post a picture to a visitor site? Tommi tried to walk me through it, but I don't have 'a yellow box' to check. Is it because of my status?

What do I need to do and where can I get more info?

Kind regards,

Ts_kaijira
Old 07-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #472
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Do you mean post a picture on someone's profile or in a thread? What you are looking for is this:

Do you see the mountain/sun image?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #473
Ts_kaijira

How Do You Identify?:
Tommi's Kaijira
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
tied up

Ts_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Nope

None of the options come up for me.

J
Old 07-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #474
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hi Linus,

I have a general Internet/posting question and I'm hoping that you can help me with it. Just starting yesterday I have been having a problem posting images which I believe is unrelated to this site but it affects me here.

My general source for getting images is through Google images. Previously I would occasionally run into a situation where the URL I would copy would be absolutely huge and exceed the character limit of the posting box. It used to be that I would just try a couple of different images and I would quickly find one short enough. Starting yesterday every single image seems to have an excessively huge url. I tried over 40 randomly chosen images all with the same result.

I decided to try emailing them to myself in Gmail. I know that does not have the character limit. Every single one that I tried worked fine, and were not even slow to preview.

Do you know if there is a new policy out there in the wild Internet, or copyright issue, that might be creating these enormous URL addresses? I looked around a bit and could find no information.

Thank you
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #475
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Question

I'm sure I should know this, but why did my new photo post ninety degrees skewed, and how can I fix it?

I access the site on my iPhone, and I uploaded the image from my Camera Roll.

ETA I just remembered that the thumbnail of the old photo of us looks right, but when I click on it, it's skewed the other way.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #476
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
I'm sure I should know this, but why did my new photo post ninety degrees skewed, and how can I fix it?

ETA I just remembered that the thumbnail of the old photo of us looks right, but when I click on it, it's skewed the other way.
It has to do with the original orientation of the photo. Likely because of the iPhone. I'd suggest saving it with photo editing software in the orientation you want and upload it with that from the camera roll.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #477
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
It has to do with the original orientation of the photo. Likely because of the iPhone. I'd suggest saving it with photo editing software in the orientation you want and upload it with that from the camera roll.
Okay! Now, how do I delete the skewed versions?
Old 08-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #478
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

IIRC, if you edit the photo you'll get an option to delete.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #479
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Do you know whether I can edit my gallery when I'm accessing the site on my iPhone?

I can't see that option but maybe it's not there!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #480
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Do you know whether I can edit my gallery when I'm accessing the site on my iPhone?

I can't see that option but maybe it's not there!

May not be able to. Sorry.

Tags
forum geek, forum help