betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Canadian breaking news and politics and hats and general sexiness

I really wanted us to have our own thread.

Anyway, I was fishing around on the CBC website just now and found these poll results:

Tories hold teenytiny lead, according to EKOS poll

~~~

Sometimes I wish that the Liberals, NDP, and Green Party would amalgamate, like the "Unite the Right" fiasco. It would guarantee a loss for the CPC - which would (almost) make me happy.

Thoughts on this?

Most of the time I do NOT wish to see the Liberals, NDP, and Green Party become one big happy family. That would cut us down to exactly 2 viable parties - which feels very American to me (so that would make me unhappy).

(Do not try to tell me that the Liberals and the Conservatives are currently the only viable parties in Canada - I do think that the Green party has a real future as they are so popular with people my age and younger. As more young people get old enough to vote and more of the older generations who are more likely to vote Conservative, you know, die...I think there's a pretty real possibility that we will see a Green PM at some point, although that may not be for another 30 years.)

Also - nothing good rhymes with Left. So there couldn't be a fun catchphrase to go with the movement.

ALSO - I don't see the Liberal party as politically "left" by any stretch of the imagination. (Although, with the amalgamation of PC and Alliance/Reform - you saw a move toward the right for the new CPC party. Maybe joining forces with the NDP and Green Party would force a move to the left for the Liberals. That'd be nice.)

Tags
canada