Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #21
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
I get what you are saying Strappie! Even though I have had a hysto, I still have those little ovaries and they fuck with my hormonal levels, my mood, and good god, the hotflashes are HELL!!

A lot of women I know joke around about "the change", and it's not something I talk about with them when they are all talking about it. It's like you said, I am going through puberty all over again....when all the girls were getting their periods, they all talked openly about it and I was wanting to run and hide because it made me uncomfortable. Same deal really.

I just don't like relating to anything....ANYTHING that has to do with female stuff....I have never even liked saying I am female. Checking the F box instead of M box kills me...let alone talking about hormones and hotflashes!!

You can always call me if you need to vent or cry....though it might make me cry....it could get ugly...lol

Dude... jesus if this doesn't get in check we may be crying all the way to Little Rock... God help me.. it's NOT going to be like last year!! That was the start of it... and it will be the END of it!!

Thanks buddy I can always count on you!!

It is hard to relate to certain things as a butch in a female sense.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #22
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
Scrappie -

Jess and I have had recent conversations about menopause because I think (and I am certain Jess does too, however much in denial she may be) that its knockin' on Jess' door. Emotions all over the place and chugging away in the middle of the night like the lil heater that could. You might say that our bed has become a baptismal of sorts - and this aint the usual "girl watering the world" happy adult funtime kinda way!

I know that Jess moves through the world differently and the monthly cycle is at the top of the list. All I can say is that Medusa is spot on about seeing a doctor and knowing that you have kindred spirits here. If you need to put a positive spin on it, at least this is the beginning of the end for periods!

(BTW, as a smoker (not sure if you have been able to quit - I think you were trying?) - traditional HRC (hormone replacement therapy) is probably not a good fit for you. I don't claim to be a doctor, but I have had a stroke and that coupled with smoking, HRC will not be an option for me. Its my understanding that its not recommended for smokers, but I could be wrong. Please work with your doctor to find a treatment plan that is best for you!)

Hang in there, stock up on kleenex, take up driving golf balls (great for those surges in anger), invest in that fan and most of all, be kind to yourself - cut yourself some slack.

Much big gay love to you!

Thank you Christie... yes I am going to go to the Doctor as much as I hate to think about them down there in that way.. I am going

((hugs)) to Jess!

I wasn't trying to make this about ME... I wanted to find out how they went through it or how they are going through it and the mental games it plays with them... Kind of a support so to speak for all of us...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #23
Sparx1_1
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Bullied and silenced
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Timed-out - Deliberate abuse of site resources in public user notes and profile.

Sparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I totally get what you mean Strappie. I'm female id'd, but there are still some days when it's a mind fuck for me too.
I don't think it's stereotyping to say that for butches the closer to male you are the bigger the mind fuck when it comes to menopause.
When I'm having a "butch" day with my menopause I just try to think of it as an annoying but non-fatal medical condition and make every effort to ignore the rest of it lol.

It helps if you can remember that menopause and chocolate are best friends
Sparx1_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparx1_1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #24
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Strappie,

I was hangin out before class with a transman friend of mine. We were watching a dance group perform and we were both crying. I said, "I've had a really bad day" and he said "I have my period." :-l Just sayin...
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #25
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Tournaments Won: 7

Dutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I think it is different for everyone. My periods got irregular and then they stopped. The doctor didn't suggest taking hormones and I was glad- taking estrogen would be the last thing I would want to do. I didn't notice any change in my emotions although my libido did increase quite a bit, leading me to join some dating type sites.

I would add my voice to those encouraging you to see the doctor. I loathe the pelvic exam and was able to get a pass on it this year by emphasizing that I don't have sex with men. All my previous pap smears have been normal so it is safe to skip it now and then.

I hope you find a good doctor you are comfortable with. That is worth a lot. And there might be some herbal remedies that can give you some relief from the symptoms?
Dutch Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #26
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post

Dude... jesus if this doesn't get in check we may be crying all the way to Little Rock... God help me.. it's NOT going to be like last year!! That was the start of it... and it will be the END of it!!

I hear ya and I know exactly what you are going through....
I can't watch much TV these days without crying for something or the other. Just know that there is an end to it eventually. I had a hysto almost 20 yrs ago but that one ovary left keeps chugging along and messing with my head.

If nothing else, try and regulate your sleep. Getting rest in between the
bouts of everything seems to help.

See you in Little Rock!!

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #27
musicman

How Do You Identify?:
NA

musicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hey Strappie

I had to smile when I read you ssy you couldn't say the words Menstrual Cycle lol lol. I on the other hand start to get the shakes when I go down the female monthly hygiene aisle. Hell when it isn't my time of month when grocery shopping I don't even want to look down that aisle lol lol. I try to hide the pads in the grocery cart and cringe when I have to take them out of the cart to go through the clerk at the register.

As for going to the "women doctor" never been , can't get me to make an appointment and certainly not going to walk through the doors and sit in the waiting area with all the "femmes" looking at this guy sitting there.

I feel for you Strappie. Fingers crossed I don't get the change too bad lol lol lol. Life is certainly interesting.

Musicman
musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #28
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post

Cheech is going to wonder what the hell is going on...unless of course, he is traveling with the devil too! Do you have kleenex in your car or shall I go to Costco and buy a case?!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #29
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah I hear ya Strappie. I'm male id'ed so it's certainly a head trip. I have found myself looking at situations differently than I used to - and damn I hope this passes. I used to see a situation and this is this and that is that, attack it, fix it, whatever. But I've noticed in the last year or so that I'm reacting to things on a more emotional level. Then again this past year has been very very stressful for me. So, shrug, I dunno. Maybe it's my way of handling the stress - or my inability or my hormones going crazy. What is killing me is the damned hot flashes. I'll be at work - not exerting myself and BAM I'm sweating. Is it hot in there or is it a hot flash?????? And at night, I'm sweating, throwing covers off like it's Christmas morning and then I'm freezing! The good thing is my monthly's are almost gone - and that is a realllllly good thing!

Hang in there yall!
~~~shark~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #30
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

It's a perfectly natural thing to happen. All my butch friends and I have talked about and still talk about it with great humor. None of us find it embarrassing or any kind of specially cruel joke for butches. One of my favorite conversations occurred outside The Stud one evening. over a cigarette. 4 of us stone cold passing butches (the old terminology) were talking about menopause. We said all the words and were all waiting for the day it all ends. War stories about dripping wet sheets, which movies made us cry the most, etc went on for about 20 or so minutes. I have talked about it with my femme friends who are experiencing the same things.

I haven't bleed in almost 30 years, had my cervix & uterus removed but they left my fine healthy ovaries. So about 10 years ago, the ovaries did their natural slowdown and those wonderful symptoms appeared.

I cried at stupid commercials on TV and steamed up car windows with hot flashes. The crying slowed down, but the hot flashes were like 50 a day and sleeping with me was like being in a steamy jungle. The hot flashes did not stop until I completely permanently stopped drinking alcohol....it took about a month. In the last couple of three years I might have had 3 or four hot flashes.

I turned 59 in June and now that menopause is over.....well that makes me a crone. Another phase in my born butch woman life.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #31
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

I feel so incredibly blessed...

I am post-menopausal... stopped about 5-6 years ago. I take a thyroid medication because my thyroid shut down at the time I was per-menopausal. The expected weight gain occurred, I get some hot flashes but not too many, cry no more than I ever have in the past and it is a lot easier to control (OK, watched For My Wife yesterday and there was NO controlling those tears!), have had NO mood swings (in fact, I am more even tempered than I ever have been in my life), and have a 2+ on my bone density.

When I had periods they were horrible, I was chronically anemic, had seriously bad endometriosis (several surgeries), horrific mood swings, periods that would last for WEEKS and not days, pain that was unconsolable... just a life of pure agony... I am so grateful to have gone through menopause naturally...

Remember, our bodies do not stop producing hormones at menopause... it just produces different kinds of hormones (so says Dr. Susan Love)...

Good luck!

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #32
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
Cheech is going to wonder what the hell is going on...unless of course, he is traveling with the devil too! Do you have kleenex in your car or shall I go to Costco and buy a case?!
Dude I think the case at Costco is in order! lol Na hopefully they can cure me or at least get it in check by then.. I'm praying!!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #33
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I couldn't use any hormones while going through menopause (breast cancer risk too high), but my experience with menopause beat the hell out of perimenopause! I di find soy helpful for night sweats and headaches- although the literature about soy is inconclusive at best.

I do not miss periods at all- and it has been so long, I usually have a "Oh, yes, women have those" when I date someone that is still having periods. I have been yelled at more than once to "Please keep some supplies around just in case" more than once!

I never felt any dissonance at all with being butch and going through menopause. None.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #34
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Strappie, I have much empathy for you. I started the monthly thing about 14 months after my twin sister started hers. I did not start until I was 16 years old. I do remember being so embarassed going through the check out stand when I was a very young adult. I was very uncomfortable talking about it with anyone. Even with my twin sister.

When I was about 30 years old I tried to have a hystorectomy because I was just tired of it. At the time I could not find a doctor that would give me a hystorectomy because I was still of child bearing age. Although I was very open about sexuality with everyone and I knew I never had any yearning nor intention to bare a child. I wanted a child but I never imagined I would be pregnant. Anyway....

I did finally get a hystorectomy in my 40's in preparation for transition. Menopause was quick for me. I did have the emotional swings, and hot flashes. However at the time I lived by myself. In retrospect, living alone was a fortunate circumstance. I did not take any hormones and did not start taking T until about 4 years after the hystorectomy. I have never regretted the end of the monthly thing.

For me part of my embarrassment about that time of the month had nothing to do with my gender or sexual identity. I just have always been a little shy about my body. That is another topic.

Good luck to you Strappie. Go find yourself a doctor you feel comfortable with. FYI, I still get teary eyed watching "chick flicks."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #35
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

Hot flashes and binding at work. In the summer.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #36
RavynTuqiri

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything but it...
Relationship Status:
Hide n go Seek

RavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST ReputationRavynTuqiri Has the BEST Reputation

Well so glad I am not alone....I'm in the perimenopause stage and the additional bouts of crying (at Hallmark commercials no less) are to no end annoying. The additional anxiety isn't wanted either....getting ribbed for crying at the stupidest things when you have been inherently known as the non crier all your life is equally frustrating.

And yes I know all women go through this but it is quite similar to being that tomboy and hitting puberty and being quite upset I wasn't going through puberty like the other boys in the neighborhood.

It's like my body is betraying the inner boi inside of me and I am helpless to control it...to will it to be what I want it to be....

Thanks for sharing that....it's nice to know there are others who feel the same way I do and can relate
RavynTuqiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #37
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

IF...I am pari- or full onset menopause ( pooey pooey bad word yuck), then I am certainly a poster child for every friggen symptom there is.
Sweaty sweaty nights following days chock full of more sweat and mind blowing mood swings, either grumpy as hell ( for no apparent reason) or tearing up over some damned country song or BOTH ( usually when the Humane Society/ SPCA commercials come on and make me hate Celine Dion all over again). Fatigue/ lack of focus/ raging hunger or complete lack of appetite... It's all just crazy making! dammit.

I have never been fond of having monthly cycles ( other than they kept me aware of moon phases) and yes, they always felt like some sort of very unfunny joke, as I knew I would never have children, so I never saw the whole point. That said, I was never one to be too thrilled to go to a GYN, so it was with MUCH encouragement ( read: THREATS) that I finally went at 40ish ( she'll remind me of exactly how old I was) to get a pap and baseline mammo. I am overdue and am looking for someone here (we only moved three years ago, that's not too bad, eh?).

I totally dig Medusa's idea of the GYN trip en masse at Little Rock! Now THAT is some community bonding! Fuckabuncha goin fishin! Get all the butches lined up with a good ole southern pap smear! Ok, I may be pushin it a tad... I do, in all seriousness hope we are all taking care of our health needs, no matter how we view ourselves in our minds eye or in our hearts, we still have junk down there that needs taking care of. I do not only myself a disservice by ignoring it, I do a disservice to my wife as well. I need to be here for her in the best health I can be.

Good luck everyone!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 12:17 AM   #38
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation

AND a good friend of mine went to the OB-GYN and he said " How are you?" and she burst into tears....

and he said "Oh, we should be talking about hormones."

He fixed her right up, she could function again, and a year or two later she weened of of them and things have been great.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 07:31 AM   #39
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
I di find soy helpful for night sweats and headaches- although the literature about soy is inconclusive at best.
Just saw this a few minutes ago on CNN's page...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/08/08...hes/index.html
Old 08-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #40
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with it Strappie, just remember man, crying isn't a masculine or feminine thing... it's a human thing. But yeah it can make you feel like a train wreck- I had a radical hysterectomy (the works, pistachios and all) in my early 20's and days I was freakin hot mess dawn to dark... and then it got better... and better.

Hang in there bud... in time it passes... your friends will understand, if they don't screw em' ... seriously... menopause is also a butch experience...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post: