morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
Just G and Strapie have volunteered to host the beer tasting party in their "Suite". I'm game if everyone else is. I just want to make sure everyone is welcomed and comfortable with it all. Everyone that wants to participate please just post here and let us know.

Shout out to Just G and Strapie for volunteering to host the first annual beer tasting party. :-)

Red and I bought 4 new 6 packs to try today. We will let you know the results of our private tasting party.

On another note: We are going over to my Dads house tomorrow to cook him home made crab cakes with all the fixings.

Peace!

i am not sure at this point if i will be able to attend the get together... BUT .. if i do i wil be sure to bring some Labatts blue if i dont .. maybe i can find a way to get some down to all of you who will be there

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #102
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Beer Exchange!

I want to throw this out there and hear back on what everyone thinks. I think in all fairness we should probably have a beer exchange instead of a tasting. I started thinking that it may not go over well if people start showing up only to taste beer and having nothing with them to exchange.

What does everyone think about this?
Old 06-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #103
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I think we should have something to exchange if we are going to participate?

IMO one doesn't need to drink a whole bottle to taste.. or get drunk over it..

Just my thoughts..

**cheers to getting through Monday fellow beer drinkers!!

ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #104
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
I think we should have something to exchange if we are going to participate?

IMO one doesn't need to drink a whole bottle to taste.. or get drunk over it..

Just my thoughts..

**cheers to getting through Monday fellow beer drinkers!!

Fine ..... then i'l keep the whole12 pack 4 myself...... pphhffttt....... lol

The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #105
Ranger Butch Force

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Ranger Butch Force Has the BEST ReputationRanger Butch Force Has the BEST ReputationRanger Butch Force Has the BEST ReputationRanger Butch Force Has the BEST ReputationRanger Butch Force Has the BEST ReputationRanger Butch Force Has the BEST ReputationRanger Butch Force Has the BEST ReputationRanger Butch Force Has the BEST ReputationRanger Butch Force Has the BEST ReputationRanger Butch Force Has the BEST ReputationRanger Butch Force Has the BEST Reputation

Guinness drinkers - try making a Guinness float. It's not for everyone though. You have been warned.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #106
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Butch Force View Post
Guinness drinkers - try making a Guinness float. It's not for everyone though. You have been warned.
A float?? Like it a ice cream kind?? Hope ruff knws i was playing .

Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #107
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Sounds good Okie, G, and Strappie! I' will come! Is this during the butch / ftm bonding time? Cause you know we have some femmes that enjoy a good brew too..

*cheers* to Fathers and Sunday!

We haven't established a time. We are having an exchange instead of a tasting to avoid any over the top issues.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #108
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Default Murphy's Red

It's going to 98 here and I have a 6 pack of Murphy's Red Chilling down.

Hoping the taste will cool me down this afternoon.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #109
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

interesting while at this latin and international store I saw brews from Dominican called Presidente, Jamaican beer, and a Cuban one. I think I will try them and if we do this beer tasting / exchange at the reunion I may bring some!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #110
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

I prefer lagers. There's a brewery in my town---Rio Grande & Sierra Blanca Brewing Company--that has a line of ales, including their Alien Wheat and Alien Amber (yeah, it's a NM brewery). They also have a Desert Pilsner and an IPA. But it's their Outlaw Lager that I do enjoy. It's smooth and crisp without bitterness.

It's hard to find in bars and restaurants. So I'll get a Shiner Bock or Fat Tire. They're both pretty hoppy but a lime will smooth out any beer.

Just don't offer me a Bud or a Coors. I only drink one, maybe two with a meal and a loooong conversation. I want my beverage experience to be as interesting and adventurous as the food and the company I have.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetJane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #111
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Default 104 Degrees and my 38 degree beer tastes warm.

It's going to top out at 106 today 108 tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday, then the cold front moves in and we drop to 106 on Wednesday then back to the heat on Thursday at 108. My beer cooler is at 38 degrees and the beer is warming up quicker than I can get the koozie on her. Ughhh.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #112
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight i am drinking a big flats 1901. It is really light with not much after taste at all. It is hot and humid so it sounded good. Not bad and cost effective if that is important. Smells like a miller high life.

A few nights ago i had SweetWater 420 Extra Pale Ale. It is nice and hoppy with a strong after flavor and smell. It goes well with all kinds of seafood.

i love beer!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #113
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hi, everyone!

I kept forgetting to come back to participate in this thread.

I love beer.

Stouts are my favorite. To be specific, I prefer an Imperial Stout with chocolate and/or coffee notes. This will always be my number one choice.

I also love Porters. It used to be that Porters were different from stouts, but now it is hard to find differences.

IPAs, I have become a fan of these, lately. Currently, I am all about a craft beer made by Dogfish Head, 60 minute IPA. I really, really like this beer. I especially like it on draft. In a pub/restaurant, I will choose draft, first. I prefer my beer in a frosted pint glass. So, lately, when we have been out to dinner, this is my choice. I have been happy to find IPAs because they have the bitter taste of the stouts, yet aren't as heavy.

Typically, if I am in a bar (much rarer nowadays) hanging out with friends/dancing, I will drink a Corona Light with lemon. It doesn't fill me up and is refreshing.

Outside of the Corona, I have never been a light beer fan. But, I have been trying to lose same weight recently, so I have looked for a lighter beer to have in the house (one that is cheaper than Corona). I came upon Michelob Ultra, Cactus Lime. It is quite good. So, I have been picking that up to keep in the fridge. Hopefully, I will still like it in the winter. Typically, I will buy one or two individual stouts I haven't tried before when I am at the store picking up the Michelob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
Stouts go really well with cold seafood, such as, raw oysters, crab, shrimp cocktail, and clams. There are many out there brewed with warm climates and food in mind. I love a good milk stout.
I don't know why, but milk stout is the one type of stout I don't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
Glass, can or bottle?
Bottle. Unless I am drinking Coors Light, then it is a can. I would only be drinking Coors light if I was at some sort of cookout or whatever and then my high school/poor college student years would kick in and I would want the can. Just tastes better than the bottle to me after always drinking it in a can. If a Coors Light is really, really cold, than I can enjoy it, immensely.

Quote:
I never heard of or seen yuengling till I came out to FL. It is pretty popular here. I tried it and didn't really like it.
Yuengling is brewed 10 miles south of where both of my parents grew up and all of my extended family still lives. It is the oldest brewery in the U.S. and almost closed down at one point, long, long ago. Growing up, the surrounding area saw this beer as "shit beer" (no doubt because it was brewed in their area), while Coor Light was heralded "the good beer" to drink. It was so humorous to me when 20 years later, everyone was drinking Yuengling and the price was MUCH higher than when no one was drinking it! I am not too keen on it myself. But, I am not keen on most lagers.

I tend to not like whites, reds, or bock beers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
i love beer!!!
This thread has actually motivated me to head out the door and pick me up a stout or two!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #114
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Milk stout ??

Old 07-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #115
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i dislike beer greatly, i don't even like the smell of it. i dislike people who can't handle their beer even more, BUT i do love Mike's Hard Lemonade, is that considered beer?

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #116
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
i dislike beer greatly, i don't even like the smell of it. i dislike people who can't handle their beer even more, BUT i do love Mike's Hard Lemonade, is that considered beer?

The hard ice tea is pretty good , the other flavors gv me heart burn.
I love a nice cold beer... and been slowly trying some of thm craft brews
i have made home made wine . B4... strawberry .. and the 2 gallons is still in my kitchen , stashed away, it wil b 8 yrs old come nex. Month. ha.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #117
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
The hard ice tea is pretty good , the other flavors gv me heart burn.
I love a nice cold beer... and been slowly trying some of thm craft brews
i have made home made wine . B4... strawberry .. and the 2 gallons is still in my kitchen , stashed away, it wil b 8 yrs old come nex. Month. ha.
Well whatcha waitin' for!?
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #118
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
Milk stout ??
It has lactose in it (a sugar that comes from milk), which sweetens it.

I tend to pass on Oatmeal Stouts too.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #119
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

In general, I don't care for beer -- unless it is wicked hot outside. And this summer has been a scorcher, soooooo... lately I've been enjoying an occasional Magic Hat Elder Betty. I also like Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat or most any Belgian Red. I think these are all relatively tart/fruity.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #120
rockstar lover

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Found my forever girl :-)

rockstar lover Has the BEST Reputationrockstar lover Has the BEST Reputationrockstar lover Has the BEST Reputationrockstar lover Has the BEST Reputationrockstar lover Has the BEST Reputationrockstar lover Has the BEST Reputationrockstar lover Has the BEST Reputationrockstar lover Has the BEST Reputationrockstar lover Has the BEST Reputationrockstar lover Has the BEST Reputationrockstar lover Has the BEST Reputation

I don't drink beer. I know, I know....my butch membership card should be revoked lol. I'm a caesar gal myself. The caesar doth please her

rockstar lover is offline   Reply With Quote