imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation I'll Show You Mine: Tales of Dyke Dyke Drama and Smut - I'm finally published!

It's taken me such a long time to gather up the courage to do this...

But I'm finally published!! Woot!! yeay!!

free sample of book available (first two stories)

But very *very* happy it's out there!! It took quite a while to get it done!

YEAY!!

"8 Short Stories spanning 18 years and three countries: coming out as lesbian from bisexual, discovering a "Femme" ID and her desires in a dyke sub-culture sexuality, losing her first long-term relationship, learning about kink, disclosing an abused past to a lover, rediscovering sex after depression and (dyke) divorce, and ending with a dream of new love and sexual adventure. "

Last edited by Linus; 11-13-2014 at 07:27 AM.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:37 AM   #2
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

wow that pic is MASSIVE! sorry! not sure how to shrink that as it's a link! ?

If anyone out there does read it, could I ask a favour? Could you do a readers review? there's a button for it on the book page.

Many grateful thanks in advance. x

oh and Juneville did that cover - isn't it great?? since it's the size of godzilla and in your face and all, can't miss it lol
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

CONGRATS Barb!!!!! So very happy for you! Looking very forward to reading it.

Huge Hugs and stuff!

annnd don't worry.. it's not too big
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 05:42 AM   #4
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Fantastic, HB! Congratulations! I will forsure purchase! My first thought was that I loved the cover!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 05:48 AM   #5
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations!!!!!!

If you are going to the reunion you should bring some copies!!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #6
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanks so much all!! the encouragement helps!!

I would but I'm in Oxford, UK - so can't come to the reunion. Not enough dosh for that!

The first two stories are about coming out femme into butch so it's a bit of a neiche market!

And it's an ebook - that's why it can be sold for $2.99 a copy. But it comes in PDF (which can be printed and what I did with my one free copy cause I LIKE paper), Kindle, EPub (ibook and ipad and sony reader and all that lot), RTF (for reading in word), HTML (for reading online) and a few other formats.

your support is greatly appreciated! And if anyone does read it an like it - could I ask that you click the button on the home page you buy it from for a "reader's review"? I'd love to hear what you think!!

Big thanks to BFP for all the help and support. Some of you have been around since I first came out as femme (OMG.) all those freaky years ago! So I'm sure you know some of the stories in that bloody book from hearing me whinge about it!

I didn't even think of that! How weird!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Purchased! Looking forward to reading it. Congrats!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #8
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

This is fabulous! Purchasing here as well! Congratulations!!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #9
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations on the book publishing. It is great to read good news like this, makes me hopeful for my own.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #10
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
She's my mirror twin, my next of kin

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,855 Times in 564 Posts
Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations!
Just bought it as well.
You had me at “shove your penetration friendly dolphin shaped dildos up your dusty vanilla twats”. Fabulous!
Truly Scrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #11
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

I love it so far and now that we own it, I can read it all. I will for sure add my glowing review on Smashwords.

Congratulations, well done!
Cin

PS: I always knew you were funny, but until now I had no idea how funny and how talented.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #12
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

oh thank god. lol. that's a big relief. Thank you very much for telling me!

I've only heard back from one person and they were a wee young ickle rather innocent and not very experienced english butchie and her response was "omg I'm speechless."

soooo I was rather nervous! I probably should have warned her before she bought it that it gets really graphic... eep.

Maybe not for those with fresh young eyes?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #13
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Babs...

You are the only writer I know who can write about absolutly dirty, filthy, tears and snot streaming down your face sex, and still have it tinged with innocence...

Lovely reading you again...
Old 06-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #14
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations Mz. Morgan....Delicious cover...makes me *want* to read what's in between...yeah, I'm that pigley and shallow.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #15
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations on getting published!
As soon as I get paid I'll be buyin' it too!
(and I may also be Britishdyke, but I'm no shy bairn )
Old 06-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #16
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
oh thank god. lol. that's a big relief. Thank you very much for telling me!

I've only heard back from one person and they were a wee young ickle rather innocent and not very experienced english butchie and her response was "omg I'm speechless."

soooo I was rather nervous! I probably should have warned her before she bought it that it gets really graphic... eep.

Maybe not for those with fresh young eyes?
<---- has virgin eyes!
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #17
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

you'll need one of these then

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #18
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
you'll need one of these then

OMG! I love this!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #19
GinaSofia

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
a lifer @ 27 years.

GinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST Reputation

HB: I've always thought your posts were genuine,witty,and hilarious.
I'd Love to buy this for my Kindle but I haven't been able to find it.
Do you perhaps have a link for me to buy it from Amazon?
GinaSofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #20
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaSofia View Post
HB: I've always thought your posts were genuine,witty,and hilarious.
I'd Love to buy this for my Kindle but I haven't been able to find it.
Do you perhaps have a link for me to buy it from Amazon?
thanks Gina!!

it does come in a version for kindle (amazon will be carrying it in a week or so I think but they may up the price)

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/168747

that takes you to the book page. scroll down to

Available ebook reading formats

and you will see, about the 3rd or fourth option listed:

Kindle (.mobi for Kindle devices and Kindle apps) Download

click on the download word. You may not be able to down load the two free stories in kindle - you might only be able to read those in HTML to sample. I think you might have to purchase to be able to download in the kindle file.

Random:

thank you. really, really. That is a super compliment. and I feel quite squishy over that
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: