Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I have held various roles in an variety of interesting avenues, in the Service industry: Beauty (longest held trade); Public Safety; Private Courier Service (fed/state agency).

Whenever an problematic situation would present itself (ie, dis-satisfication of services, and other problematic scenarios), I would center myself as an neutral arbiter, presiding over solving whatever x,y,z situation at hand. In my mind, it does no good to come at the situation with the mindset that the so-called customer or consumer is not right. To me, that is not the real point. In my mind, it's a complex math problem.... sets of integers involved in an highly abstract equation, which may or may not have a viable, suitable answer which satisfactorily solves the dilemma (issue).

Another thing that always helped was to keep in mind the possibility of your customer /consumer is not really that type of person: For example, third party consumer advocates might be in play, testing your ability to negotiate an reasonable exchange of service, within the legal limits of the company, or your seated power of authority. This type of feedback from scenarios like this can provide avenues to expand or improve on service expectations or on other realms of service rendered.

I credit my long history on the beauty industry as being my training grounds for so many situations that can go awry. Up close and personal contact, in service situation, is a very delicate dance.

I liked hearing Gemme's take on attitudes about Southern condescension. Those were my favorite scenarios. There's nothing more disarming than an worthy adversary (such as myself) to upend that type of scenario. In fact, I've made life long friendships with those who dared to conduct themselves like that with me.

Math logic has been such a good friend to me.

Loved reading everyone's take on current situations, today.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: