Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #81
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,558 Times in 2,992 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottprof View Post
yeah SHAD you can do it...

I have a bit of a set back right now... pulled my hammie mid stride on friday night at the gym... I was going at a good clip too... oh well I will work it back to health... anyone know any good hammie stretches...

plus no gym today... spent 2 hours digging out my car *best work out I could ask for* woot... I love to shovel just not when the plow comes back through.. anyway I digresss...

Yeah working out... next up eating better

smiles
http://physicaltherapy.about.com/od/...ingstretch.htm

http://www.halhigdon.com/15Ktraining/Stretch.htm

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cy...gstretches.php
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #82
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss to you... for hym...
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

hottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputation

thank you so much weather...

I do most of those stretches as it is... I guess I will have to get deeper in to them... I am a bit over flexible due to 16 years of dancing... so I will work on the ones you posted.. my hammies were always the hardest to stretch.. thanks a bunch for the suggestions

Smiles
hottprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #83
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation

Hi weather,welcome to the thread! A quick question? Does your doctor want your bodyfat that low to speed your healing after surgery? 10% isn't unhealthy if you are maintaining your muscle mass,I'm just curious.Kat,I hope the stretches help with the hamstring issue,that is a nagging muscle to pull for sure! Yesterday I did a fast 3 mile or so run around my mama's neighborhood and did my long run today.I have never broken 1 hour for six miles and today I ALMOST did it.Finished in 1hr,1 minute. But had the damnedest coughing fit I've ever seen because I forgot to wear my balaclava and it was sub-freezing temps! DOH!But it felt good to maintain almost 10 minute miles which is blazing fast for my big slow butt! Happy Weekend everyone! Shad
Old 12-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #84
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:

weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows papa View Post
Hi weather,welcome to the thread! A quick question? Does your doctor want your bodyfat that low to speed your healing after surgery? 10% isn't unhealthy if you are maintaining your muscle mass,I'm just curious.Kat,I hope the stretches help with the hamstring issue,that is a nagging muscle to pull for sure! Yesterday I did a fast 3 mile or so run around my mama's neighborhood and did my long run today.I have never broken 1 hour for six miles and today I ALMOST did it.Finished in 1hr,1 minute. But had the damnedest coughing fit I've ever seen because I forgot to wear my balaclava and it was sub-freezing temps! DOH!But it felt good to maintain almost 10 minute miles which is blazing fast for my big slow butt! Happy Weekend everyone! Shad
Hey shadows papa...appretiate the welcome!! Yes this is what my primary care physician advised when I asked him. I have a consultation next week with a doctor my therapist set me up and will ask him again as well. It is for healing and also asthetic purposes for myself. I dont want to go the distance and not give 100% to gain my most desirable results.

Congrats on maintaining the 10 minute mile!!
Old 12-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #85
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

hottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for sharing the 10% question and answer guys... I guess you just hear about some people with a 10% BMI and it is not healthy.. I guess I just hear it about models but if you have the muscle mass I guess that is safer than just being a waif right?

I am hoping to get back to the gym tonight... might walk it out and do "killer" as my girlfriends and I have dubbed the Arc Trainer no running yet I do not think.. that will wait until after christmas...

Smiles

keep up the great work everyone
Old 12-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #86
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,764 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It sounds like you all are doing well. I, however, am completely frustrated. I've been sick since before Thanksgiving and will be sick until sometime after Christmas. I haven't gone to the Y because I don't want to spread anything and, even when I felt better, I still had a cough that I could not control.

So, I'm stuck with walking outside which, in this weather, turns my beaker on like a full force faucet.

Frustrated!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #87
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
It sounds like you all are doing well. I, however, am completely frustrated. I've been sick since before Thanksgiving and will be sick until sometime after Christmas. I haven't gone to the Y because I don't want to spread anything and, even when I felt better, I still had a cough that I could not control.

So, I'm stuck with walking outside which, in this weather, turns my beaker on like a full force faucet.

Frustrated!
Ouch Gemme, I know how you feel with a cough you can not control. I finally broke down and went to the DRs. after not having a voice for 3 weeks, and I was given a fast acting inhaler for when my coughing got so bad I could not breathe. I am not asthmatic nor have I ever used one before but dang if it didn't help.

I would try walking at the Y. warm up your body and go slow. OR try yoga or even just dancing around your house while listening to fun music. Let your body heal but try to let it know you are ready for the healing by pushing it a bit more everyday.

it is amazing what you can do when you think you can !!!

Goodluck feeling better. Being Sick just plain sucks

Smiles
Old 12-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #88
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ouch Gemme, I know how you feel with a cough you can not control. I finally broke down and went to the DRs. after not having a voice for 3 weeks, and I was given a fast acting inhaler for when my coughing got so bad I could not breathe. I am not asthmatic nor have I ever used one before but dang if it didn't help.

I would try walking at the Y. warm up your body and go slow. OR try yoga or even just dancing around your house while listening to fun music. Let your body heal but try to let it know you are ready for the healing by pushing it a bit more everyday.

it is amazing what you can do when you think you can !!!

Goodluck feeling better. Being Sick just plain sucks

Smiles
Thanks. When I get to the point where I wouldn't feel bad or get dirty looks for being there (coughing and hacking and sneezing), I'll go back to the Y.

I don't know if I'm still contagious, but I can always spread stuff and my coughing fits are still pretty bad once they get going. It is starting to slow down a bit, so I'm hopeful it won't be too many weeks more now.

I have ants in my pants over this!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #89
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Thanks. When I get to the point where I wouldn't feel bad or get dirty looks for being there (coughing and hacking and sneezing), I'll go back to the Y.

I don't know if I'm still contagious, but I can always spread stuff and my coughing fits are still pretty bad once they get going. It is starting to slow down a bit, so I'm hopeful it won't be too many weeks more now.

I have ants in my pants over this!
Sorry you have been sick Gemme. I am not sure what you have but it may be pretty safe to say you are probably not contagious any longer. Dirty looks I can relate to at the gym. I have asthma and I used to get very coughy in the
past while working out. I kept a towel with me and used that when necessary to cough into and such. I wouldnt worry about the dirty look, just go, enjoy, and feel good!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:19 PM   #90
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
Sorry you have been sick Gemme. I am not sure what you have but it may be pretty safe to say you are probably not contagious any longer. Dirty looks I can relate to at the gym. I have asthma and I used to get very coughy in the
past while working out. I kept a towel with me and used that when necessary to cough into and such. I wouldnt worry about the dirty look, just go, enjoy, and feel good!
Thanks. I hear what you are saying and I'll probably bring my own towel with me when I do go back.

I'm thinking that when my coughs are less....productive....I will go.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:46 PM   #91
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

Happy Christmas and Holidays to you all in workout land. I know I am being a slacker this week but that is okay, my hammie is healing and I just need a break (since I do not belong to the gym near homehome I will be hitting it up Monday...

Hope you have a safe and wonderful week

Keep on trecking you can do it.

Smiles
Old 12-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #92
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

I can not wait to get back to the gym on Monday night... whew... it has been a while... getting back into the groove ya'll we can do it... Hope you had wonderful holidays and didn't eat too many cookies

Smiles
Old 12-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #93
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I can not wait to get back to the gym on Monday night... whew... it has been a while... getting back into the groove ya'll we can do it... Hope you had wonderful holidays and didn't eat too many cookies

Smiles
Hey hottprof-

I did eat some delicious dark dark dark chocolate over at my folks house yesterday. I ate alot actually. Oh well...I will run it off Monday. Glad you are looking forward to getting back into the groove. How's the hammie?
Have a happy New Year!!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #94
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I started power walking again last night...My aunt told me I was fat on Christmas Eve..I nearly fell over and died in the same moment. Thankfully, my stepdad's mother was standing next to me and she said what I wanted to say and that diets are allowed to be put aside for one day..

I say thank you to her....

How was everyone else's Christmas? I am off New Years Eve and Day, but I have to work on the 2nd, so I am not drinking or anything..Just hanging out at home watching movies...

Zimmy
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #95
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmygLrL View Post
I started power walking again last night...My aunt told me I was fat on Christmas Eve..I nearly fell over and died in the same moment. Thankfully, my stepdad's mother was standing next to me and she said what I wanted to say and that diets are allowed to be put aside for one day..

How was everyone else's Christmas? I am off New Years Eve and Day, but I have to work on the 2nd, so I am not drinking or anything..Just hanging out at home watching movies...

Zimmy
Booooo Aunt Booooo!!! Sheesh!

Xmas was quiet, which is how I wanted it this year am thinking about doing a mud run New Years day and choosing to hang at home that night. Have a great Sunday!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2009, 10:58 PM   #96
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
Hey hottprof-

I did eat some delicious dark dark dark chocolate over at my folks house yesterday. I ate alot actually. Oh well...I will run it off Monday. Glad you are looking forward to getting back into the groove. How's the hammie?
Have a happy New Year!!

yeah chocolate... I was fairly good, enjoyed dinner and had a few cookies nothing too extravagant... the hammie is getting better it has now moved into the calf and it charlies on me every once and a while... I am sure if I take it easy tomorrow night and then stretch really good it will un-kink itself... I hope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmygLrL View Post

Zimmy
dang... some people have nerve... not that it will make you feel better but my grandmom asked me if I was gaining weight right after christmas dinner.. because I was telling her about my new work out regime and how I feel hungrier more often... Gee thanks Grandmom (she means well and I love her to death but shot to the heart infront of my step mom UGH).

We can do it Zimmy... no doubts... set a small goal for your self... say a mile in under 20 min.. then under 15 min then under 13... and so forth... I have no place to judge others on their bodies so do not judge yourself (it is so hard I know.. but lets try it)...

Newyears: I am stuck working the 31st (open) then I close on the 1st... bummer... not sure what I am doing but I am hoping it will be fun... and since I am not a drinker... ah who knows...

smiles

we can do it...
Old 12-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #97
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

It felt good last night to get back in to the groove of things at the gym. I hit the tredmill at a whopping 3.3mph last night.. no running yet but my hammie held up for almost the entire hour

I am hoping tonight will be even better... got to get my groove back before the "resolution" crew comes to the gym for the next three months...

Smiles
Old 12-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #98
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
It felt good last night to get back in to the groove of things at the gym. I hit the tredmill at a whopping 3.3mph last night.. no running yet but my hammie held up for almost the entire hour

I am hoping tonight will be even better... got to get my groove back before the "resolution" crew comes to the gym for the next three months...

Smiles
You go hottprof!!
What is "resolution" crew?
I just got to up my weights yesterday!! Woohoo!!
Have a great day!!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #99
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I'm guessing here but I suspeect that the "Resolution Crew" are those people who go to gyms with the resolution to lose weight, do so for about 1-3 months and then disappear. Tends to be the busiest time of the year at gyms.

I'm trying to workout more at home and have been comtemplated getting the P90X system (or it's precursor to start with). Anyone used either the Power 90 or P90X systems?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #100
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:

LOL thanks for that explaination!!

I have not tried either of those products. I am interested how you like em so keep us updated!
I used to attend a gym but only for weights...now I have my own. Cardio is something I need to do outside.
I am trying to find a Bosu ball but the damn things are 100 bucks sooooo I am debating and looking for other balance training alternatives.

Great day to ya Linus!