Old 05-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #2081
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Today was one of those days when I felt extremely happy about having a house keeper. I don't think I had ever been so glad to see her at my door this morning

I now have perfectly ironed clothes and real food for a few days, yay!
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #2082
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,770 Times in 1,847 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation
Default on a dare, but not quite the place

I wanna go to all three so I don't forget anything.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #2083
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by puregrrl View Post
I wanna go to all three so I don't forget anything.

You. Cheat.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #2084
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Today I want to trade places with my sister that fell yesterday, breaking her leg in three places. She can't handle the crutches, is having a hard time getting around, and is so upset that it breaks my heart! I wish it were me and not her. I hate to see my sister hurting like this.

I can't go stay with her because I have no place for my dogs to be, so I sit at my house worried sick about her being at her house alone. I am working on a dog sitter, but so far, no luck. Surgery is scheduled for next week when the swelling goes down.

I wish it were me. *sigh*
Old 05-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #2085
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

im trying to see How I can fix my bedroom to look like a cross between my core Faith....My Boricua Pride....and MadHatter...already got a replica "Hat" on Amazon wishlist, and I saw a Garabato I really like...
baby steps..
Old 05-18-2010, 12:17 AM   #2086
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

"He learned that the world is like an enormous spider web and if you touch it, however lightly, at any point, the vibration ripples to the remotest perimeter and the drowsy spider feels the tingle and is drowsy no more but springs out to fling the gossamer coils about you who have touched the web and then inject the black, numbing poison under your hide."

- Robert Penn Warren, All the King's Men

A NOISELESS, patient spider,
I mark’d, where, on a little promontory, it stood, isolated;
Mark’d how, to explore the vacant, vast surrounding,
It launch’d forth filament, filament, filament, out of itself;
Ever unreeling them—ever tirelessly speeding them.

And you, O my Soul, where you stand,
Surrounded, surrounded, in measureless oceans of space,
Ceaselessly musing, venturing, throwing,—seeking the spheres, to connect them;
Till the bridge you will need, be form’d—till the ductile anchor hold;
Till the gossamer thread you fling, catch somewhere, O my Soul.

- Walt Whitman

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 02:44 AM   #2087
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

While staring through the silent Black in my bedroom...
I pondered briefly..
Where does one turn, when Reality is painful & wretched...?
And yet, when one escapes into the world of Dreams, it's just as bad.
Bad when awake, bad when asleep
Distracted whilst walking down the Street, risking avoidable accidents.
Books can be insightful, but pointless when the Mind wanders.
Music is Moot when a Headache looms.
Silence is out of the Question.
Long baths only make one Drowsy, which...falls into the Dream shit again.
I need a thwack in my head with a chilled aluminum bat...maybe a concussion-induced blackout would work
I need sleep. Bah
Old 05-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #2088
redrose

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
at peace

redrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputation

http://youtu.be/N0SgLJEtaok
redrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #2089
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

My ex and I had custody of her brother for almost the entirety of our relationship. He looked outwardly like he had no problems. He is deaf and developmentally disabled. When he came to live with us he was 14 my and my youngest was four. They played together. As they each got older they were insperable and played. Really. Played. That is developmentally where his head was at. He could barely read and struggled scholastically. He improved tremendously in when he went to a specialized school for the deaf.

In our home it didn't seem strange. It sure did to everyone else at Chuck E Cheese. He was laughing and happy and playing. But because at the time he was 16 - people saw him as a freak. It was with childlike innocence, a happiness to just be with his bff at Chuck E Cheese. I overheard someone say "he must be retarded." O-M-G!

Those two get each other - still do actually. Before her, there was his nephew who was only a couple years younger. He had moved on already to girls, clothes and music. He may never get there.

How people percieve someone with special needs lies in the willingness to understand. Instead of calling him a retard, if that person at Chuck E Cheese had tried to speak to him they would have immediately known he was deaf - had they spent some time with him they would have understood that he was a little boy in a big boy body. Not stupid, not slow, not retarded, not a freak - just there instead of here.

I found that people would have this look of knowing sympathy when they found out he was deaf - as if that was so sad. That didn't limit him. He could read lips and sign. It wasn't enough to assume that they knew what is going on just because they knew someone else who is deaf. He was deaf with lots of other issues that not all deaf people have that DID actually limit him in many ways.

He would cry because people didn't like him. He would destroy things out of frustration and sadness. He didn't understand the world the same way as I understood the world. He didn't have complicated enough vocabulary or sophisticated ability to communicate with the majority of the world.

Being special needs he was spared alot of the realness of world by not being out in as much as others. Both by the people who loved him and through is own blissful ignorance. As he got older and the adult interactions became more common - so did the snide remarks and misunderstandings. The world is not always a friendly place. People do not always understand even when they think they do.

He is about to graduate from high school. It's a very big deal. He took classes to become a carpenter, something that he is actually very good at. He and my daughter are video game fanatics that is all they want to do, they talk on the phone, play facebook games and spend lots of time looking up video game cheats. It's just where they're both at...I'm really glad they have each other.
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #2090
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

I must study. I must study. I must study.

I'm off to study
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #2091
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

There's about 3 different "awareness" groups today on Campus side by side tables... "AIDS"{with anonymous testing available, and the usual red ribbons & condoms....plus pieces of the Quilt}....ALS [ Lou Gehrig's ], and Relay for Life
oddly enuff, when I walked by to get to the PC, I mumbled "it's like walking thru a Freshman hazing line in high school....with the added bonus of Guilt."
[I did donate before I stopped at the Cafe...I'm an asshole, not heartless...Also got a nifty Purple shirt, and red ribbon Pin]

I need more Pop Rocks....
Old 05-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #2092
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default A backwards Tuesday perhaps?

I just shampooed with conditioner and conditioned with shampoo.

Any questions?

No? I thought not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #2093
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Nurple rhymes with purple.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #2094
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Nurple rhymes with purple.

Gemme should come with a warning label today that says: suffering from sleep deprivation, please DO feed me junk food so I can make the Nurples go away.

Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #2095
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

I went to the Campus LGBTQ center today, since they have a wide variety of Interesting books {Including The Femme Mystique, Queer Blues, Stone Butch Blues, Boots of Leather, Slippers of Gold}
I bumped into a curious Book called

Having had enough of it to last Me beyond the aftermath of a Nuclear Holocaust...
I signed my name to take it Home for 4 days.
My Mistake was going to the Library so I can read it peacefully...
From the get-go?
You'd swear I sucked in laughing gas...
the More I read, the harder it was to Quash my laughter and subdue it to small snickering...
And I realized {by the time the Author reached Gertrude Stein & Anne Heche} the content hilarious cuz it's sickeningly True....
I am soooo Buying this book...

Old 05-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #2096
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Learn to pronounce French words correctly. Oui?
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #2097
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

I just opened an envelope from my niece.

It contained her 2010 Highschool graduation announcement, along with gold glitter.

Not only did the announcement make me happy, but so did the glitter. It covered me, the car and my pup.

A giddy, sweet, light and airy kind of happy.

Sometimes we get what we want in mysterious ways. I needed a feeling of lightness and in the same moment I was *glittered*...

Carry on
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 07:57 PM   #2098
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

I made jambalya for dinner and to feel alive I drenched it with Crystal Louisiana hot sauce.

Hot. Hot. Hot.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #2099
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post

Gemme should come with a warning label today that says: suffering from sleep deprivation, please DO feed me junk food so I can make the Nurples go away.

The sleep deprivation isn't that bad. I'll take the junk food anyway, though.

Not only does nurple rhyme with purple, it *is* purple...at least for a while.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #2100
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Off to get comfy and watch a bit of telly. I'm hoping desperately to be able to stay awake for V.

Tags
randomly, randomly post, stuff