Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I'm seeing Casablanca tonight on the big screen for the first time. I have seen it countless times on DVD, but never in a theater.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #742
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
she gets me ..

Thanked 21,374 Times in 6,724 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hunger Games~

I have mixed feelings about this movie. The plot was your typical afteradisasterthegovernmentgetsstupid kind-of-plot and it held my attention..until the end which was very anti-climatic and you can tell they want/will do a sequel. Very good teen movie but it could have used a lot more..better dialogue, character development, suspense, etc. But overall on a scale of 1-10 i'd give it a solid 5.
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 01:29 AM   #743
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

I saw The Shore this weekend. The Shore won the Oscar for life-action short film at last month's awards. What makes it absolutely beautiful to watch is the cinematography and fantastic acting by Ciarán Hinds:

Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #744
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Hunger Games

Yes, I was one of the ones who helped this movie surpass all of the "Twilight" openings. And, I enjoyed the movie.

But, the shaky camera motion is something I abhor in a movie. It makes me motion sick and I leave the theater (every time) with a massive, nauseated headache.

So, I decided to find out a bit about the reason it was shot this way...

Director Gary Ross talked about The Hunger Games in a recent interview with Vulture.

Vulture - "Let’s talk about the look of this movie. You employed a lot of shaky handheld, and there aren’t a lot of wide shots. How did you come up with that approach?"

Gary Ross - "Well, I mean, I tried to do what the book did."

Well alright then! THAT explains everything.

So, to anyone who plans to go see it-if you are like me, easily sickened by shaky camera action (think "The Blair Witch Project" or "Paranormal Activity" you may want to wait this one until the DVD comes out. If you are watching it at home, you can press pause and come back to it. Personally, I did not want to miss any of the movie so I stuck it out.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #745
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Cute Movie!

"My Idiot Brother"

We loved it!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #746
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
"My Idiot Brother"

We loved it!
When Ebon and I saw it, we enjoyed it too. It's sweet.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #747
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

a documentary called
chasing ghosts: beyond the arcade

it's the spinal tap of arcade gamers

i laughed so hard it hurt - then i felt a little bad for laughing so hard because it's not a mockumentary - but then mr. awesome appeared and the bad feelings went right out the window
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #748
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Watched a two part series/ drama on Netflix called The Painted Lady. It is a Brit film with one of my fav actresses, Helen Mirrin. Well made, intriguing mystery and the songs performed by Jenny Darren are wonderful soulful jazz numbers. I may have to buy the soundtrack. It is download only.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #749
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Hunger Games anyone? Think i'm catching it tomorrow!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #750
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

We went to the midnight release of The Hunger Games last week.... it was ok, but I wasn't blown away. And the whole kids killing kids thing kinda bothered me.
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2012, 05:13 AM   #751
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Hugo - and am now fascinated by Maillardet's Automaton. I also loved the weaving of history with fiction. Lovely and touching story line.

Buck - The documentary of Buck Brannaman, or as my daughter said, "does this have a point? It just seems like a bunch of random video clips."
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2012, 05:31 AM   #752
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I saw the "Hunger Games" film yesterday, I needed a couple hours of escapism.

It looked good, the art direction and cinematography were solid but overall I found the film adaptation soulless. So much is removed from the story, so that the screenplay flows from one action sequence to another, that none of the characters (or relationships between characters) are developed beyond surface level. And sadly it sets up "Catching Fire" and "Mockingjay" to be the same.

I thought it was well visioned but hollow; and that is a shame because they had good material to work with.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #753
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Kill the Irishman.

Based on a true story of organized crime in Ohio. The filmmakers added in real footage about the Irishman from the 60s and 70s and the fight over territory betweem the Italians and the Irish. A great cast including Paul Sorvino, Val Kilmer and Christopher Walken.
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #754
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

I agree, it was mediocre with no reason for me to become interested in the characters. I would have been pretty angry if I had paid to see this flick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I saw the "Hunger Games" film yesterday, I needed a couple hours of escapism.

It looked good, the art direction and cinematography were solid but overall I found the film adaptation soulless. So much is removed from the story, so that the screenplay flows from one action sequence to another, that none of the characters (or relationships between characters) are developed beyond surface level. And sadly it sets up "Catching Fire" and "Mockingjay" to be the same.

I thought it was well visioned but hollow; and that is a shame because they had good material to work with.
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #755
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

Anonymous.

Wow, just wow.
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #756
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

"Kill the Irishman".

"Based on a true story of organized crime in Ohio. The filmmakers added in real footage about the Irishman from the 60s and 70s and the fight over territory betweem the Italians and the Irish. A great cast including Paul Sorvino, Val Kilmer and Christopher Walken".

I seen this movie when it first ran in the theater and then again on HBO a short time ago! I love any movie based on organized crime and when they add in real footage based on events that actually took place, even better!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #757
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
"Kill the Irishman".

"Based on a true story of organized crime in Ohio. The filmmakers added in real footage about the Irishman from the 60s and 70s and the fight over territory betweem the Italians and the Irish. A great cast including Paul Sorvino, Val Kilmer and Christopher Walken".

I seen this movie when it first ran in the theater and then again on HBO a short time ago! I love any movie based on organized crime and when they add in real footage based on events that actually took place, even better!
And the fact it was based on real events was very disturbing. I think at some point in the film it mentioned 24 murders!
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #758
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

the hunger games! i went to the movie theater on wednesday for the first time in years to see it with a friend. i was pleasantly surprised, but i agree w/the critiques - it fails to capture the character development and depth of relationships in the books. i can't imagine watching the film without having read the books...it would have felt much flatter.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #759
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

The last movie I saw with a friend of mine was The Vow starring Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams. Tatum and McAdams play a married couple who are in a car accident; she loses her short term memory and cannot remember a thing about their marriage. He tries everything he can think of to jog her memory and it doesn't work so they lose touch for awhile, but in the end they begin to rekindle the marriage that they had lost. Its a beautiful story about love, struggle and the promise to love the one your with no matter WHAT may happen in life
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #760
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

The Prince and I just got home from seeing 21 Jump St. It was utterly ridiculous,immature,and cheesy...but it was pretty funny in parts. He loved it!

Tomorrow is Wrath of the Titans!!!
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
film, movie