Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-01-2014, 11:45 PM   #4081
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

No worries, while I haven't received yours, I know they were mailed out, and I'll let you know when I receive them, okieblu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okieblu View Post
My apologies, I'm afraid I'm the reason the half inchies are going out late, I've been in and out of the hospital with chest pains and it took a bit to start feeling human again, to name just one event.

Have you gotten mine yet? And-damn it!-I forgot to sign them! It's a puzzle, by the way.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:56 AM   #4082
stepfordfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme-inist.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones :)
Relationship Status:
I really really like someone.

stepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
I honestly liked the one to one swap idea better and what sis mentioned I also like as we send directly to our person of trade. Having folks do more than so many on such a timely piece takes a lot of time and energy and towards the end pieces start to fail. I'm only speaking for myself as I know this in my style. Smaller projects are easier to do a large trade.

Still a good idea about size and price but I won't be participating if it isn't one to one.

I hope that it goes to the original idea because I'd like this idea.

Thanks AHK! I'll leave it open to the posts for another day. If the consensus is one-to-one exchange the postage ship to the recipient makes much more sense!

I thought nine smaller pieces with the 2.5 months is enough time, but I'm worried about cost too.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:59 AM   #4083
stepfordfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme-inist.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones :)
Relationship Status:
I really really like someone.

stepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm interested but work all day Saturday and won't have internet access until late evening. May I pre-sign up so I don't miss out?
Will you be participating either way 9 piece vs 1-for-1?

If so, not a problem? I'll sign you up!
Old 05-02-2014, 06:18 AM   #4084
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepfordfemme View Post
Thanks AHK! I'll leave it open to the posts for another day. If the consensus is one-to-one exchange the postage ship to the recipient makes much more sense!

I thought nine smaller pieces with the 2.5 months is enough time, but I'm worried about cost too.
I'm also one who prefers to do a 1 to 1 with a project like yours. I'd rather do one really kick ass piece on an intensive project, and something amazing back, too. I feel the quality does suffer when making a lot of something like this. Also, agreed postage is a concern. It takes a lot to mail out 9 Altoid tins, never mind 9 times nine projects. If you are receiving nine projects from nine people--that's 81 projects right there. Not counting yours. It really doesn't seem to make sense to me for this particular project, because a lot of them may be three dimensional. Depending on what people do, it could be very expensive s ive! Just my 2 cents. Whatever the group wants is fine.

I think the project is a brilliant idea, but I would only participate if it was 1 to 1 swap.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 08:35 AM   #4085
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

I would agree with the one on one idea so we can make it less expensive for the wrangler and ourselves as well.

P.S. my half inchies will be in the mail tomorrow morning!
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #4086
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

And then we can also fit in besame's project too :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
I would agree with the one on one idea so we can make it less expensive for the wrangler and ourselves as well.

P.S. my half inchies will be in the mail tomorrow morning!

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #4087
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Will you be participating either way 9 piece vs 1-for-1?

If so, not a problem? I'll sign you up!
Yes, thank you.

I have no preference as to whether it's 1 on 1 or 9 pieces. It's my understanding that Altoid tins are not a requirement. They were suggested as a size reference and a possible material. Not all the pieces will be complex and/or heavy and we would have plenty of time to complete 9 before mailing them out, so I'm okay with doing either.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 09:19 AM   #4088
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Yes, thank you.

I have no preference as to whether it's 1 on 1 or 9 pieces. It's my understanding that Altoid tins are not a requirement. They were suggested as a size reference and a possible material. Not all the pieces will be complex and/or heavy and we would have plenty of time to complete 9 before mailing them out, so I'm okay with doing either.
I feel the same way.

How do I... ?
Old 05-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #4089
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Deadline date, or Total of sign ups.

Quote:
DEADLINE IS JULY 15th

This is BOLDED for emphasis as we have a participant that is signing up under the premise that I can meet her travel window.
Please do not over commit yourself.
Please do not sign up if you dropped out of other projects.
Please do not be late

As wrangler, I'm going to reserve the right to look back at your previous posts and see how you've fared in previous projects in terms of drop outs. You can all PM me if you have any questions about this.

Theme

Puzzles!

Interpret this how you will, use puzzles in your work, or as part of your work.

Secret cryptex, decoder keys, 2 in 1 projects, game pieces as artwork, hidden compartments, surprises!

I want to give you all a chance to use your imagination for the piece....Altoid tins, small trinket boxes,magnets, small canvas artwork, business card holders, bracelets, keychains, you name it....

Sizing
All pieces MUST BE no bigger than lets say... An Altoid Tin or a regulation sized deck of cards. Think light and small sized!

Participation
This is a 9 piece exchange! Way more fun that way....but a bit more work Time to get creative!

Lets say 5-8$ American to cover postage. Pay what you can.

LIMITING THIS TO 10 PARTICIPANTS MAX

Please ask me any questions before I start the sign up (Will open this up for sign up Saturday AM)

This is my first wrangle so I'd like to get some feedback before we start sign up. I'm hoping everyone is still in!

I will do a sign up post Saturday AM to make sure there are no unanswered questions prior! Thanks everyone!

PS....Thanks for point out my need to change the plans Sis...totally helpful for my first time wrangle!
Love it. Like the "you name it", that is creativity ! Thank you. Have fun wranglin' .Can't wait...oh, first!
Question, can you clarify the Sat sign up. RE: Deadline
Quote:
""""I will do a sign up post Saturday AM to make sure there are no unanswered questions prior! Thanks everyone!""""
Is it first 10 who sign up , or will it close on Sat? (as happened one other time) ( 9 items to create)?
I believe it will remain open until the 10 are signed up..?..
Here's my whine with cheese I don't want to miss the signups..Will be at a MayDay event in a Calif. state park and may not have cell coverage. I'll watch for the post.
(nanners will you call me, soon as you see the post, and ...I'll get it, or not ) thanks.

Last edited by Tommi; 05-02-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #4090
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing all the ideas being tossed around and LOVE the enthusiasm in this thread! So much fun

I think it might be fun to have a project where we all have to reproduce a famous work of art using only non-traditional items. Like, say, the Mona Lisa out of Cheerios that have been colored with food coloring! Anyway, I know we already have a bunch of projects lined up but I am already brewing to host one later this year!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!
This goes on my list of things I never would have thought of!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 05:12 PM   #4091
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I once painted and glazed dried cicada shells in Ohio and strung them on a necklace. It was a surprising success! Only available every seven years!

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #4092
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,546 Times in 10,211 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

My two cents...

I like getting stuff in the mail! I want to see every bodies!

Ok...here is my address...just send me left overs..lol

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #4093
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Okieblu, they arrived! nanners go out on Saturday in the mail to me and then I will mail everyone their packages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okieblu View Post
My apologies, I'm afraid I'm the reason the half inchies are going out late, I've been in and out of the hospital with chest pains and it took a bit to start feeling human again, to name just one event.

Have you gotten mine yet? And-damn it!-I forgot to sign them! It's a puzzle, by the way.

How do I... ?
Old 05-02-2014, 09:13 PM   #4094
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Okieblu, they arrived! nanners go out on Saturday in the mail to me and then I will mail everyone their packages!
Im hoping mine get there tomorrow!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #4095
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

okieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I once painted and glazed dried cicada shells in Ohio and strung them on a necklace. It was a surprising success! Only available every seven years!
Really? Because there are cicadas 'hatched'-whatever it's called-every year, so you should be able to find shed shells every year. Yeah, I used to collect them as a kid. But I had never thought of using them like that. That is way cool. I have seen beautiful stuff done on textiles though, with some types of beetle casings-the back the is so colorful and pretty on some. I can't remember now, but I think there was at one time, a particular textile done in some region of India, doing that.
okieblu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to okieblu For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #4096
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

okieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Excellent! I'm looking forward to it! I'll explain how mine works then.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #4097
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

I'd love to do the tins one. There are places online to order tins same size and shape as the altoid tins, WITHOUT the bumpy, raised letters on the cover, and NO PAINT TO STRIP! The ones I found were pretty cheap too.

I also love the matchbox one. That's the most inexpensive of the two, and lighter weight as well, so it would be less expense all around. I could actually manage the coast of doing 10-15 of these, if we had plenty of lead time.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:49 AM   #4098
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Leaving shortly to mail half inchies to nycfem!

And I think I've changed my mind, I will go with making wither one or nine projects, I'm going to do it either way. My plans for Memorial Day weekend got cancelled and I am home all next week with lots of chiropractor appointments. I have time!
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2014, 07:45 AM   #4099
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Leaving shortly to mail half inchies to nycfem!

And I think I've changed my mind, I will go with making wither one or nine projects, I'm going to do it either way. My plans for Memorial Day weekend got cancelled and I am home all next week with lots of chiropractor appointments. I have time!
Have a good day, and relax that back.
Leaving soon for the state park

I would like to do the 9. I get better with practice and enjoy the excitement of seeing as much of our community creativity, and connections as possible.

Even if it is a simple piece of paper, with a colored picture, or beautifully created sewing, handiwork, scrapbooking or something store bought, it's the thought. etc.
We all get to do More...of fun stuff...I did 10 individual oil paintings on canvas and put them on easels for one of the projects, because , that is what came to my head.

I have coloring book pieces on my fridge and a cardboard flower pot cara created one spring. I have a necklace and a keychain from others. So, just sayin....
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #4100
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,546 Times in 10,211 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

weren't we suppose to sign up this morning? ..I'm patiently waiting??which is hard..lol

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types