Old 10-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Remember your favorite car?

Was driving back from dropping Rooster at school today and passed a white VW Karmann Ghia....just like the one I had in the early 80's.

I loved that car...broken seat belts, no acceleration to speak of, frequently funky starting behavior and all. His name was Carmen....yea, original, I know....and he (definitely a he) was the most temperamental car I ever owned.

I had my best trip ever down the Pacific Coast Highway in Carmen....meandered through the Redwoods...hopped the ferry in Seattle...lots and lots of good memories tied up with the car.

In keeping with his personality, he had a dramatic end....rear-ended by a hit and run driver, spinning on the ice, and hit head on by a pickup truck. He never had a chance.

Dang, I miss that car. Whenever I see one, which is becoming a rare thing anymore, I'm always tempted to flag down the driver and ask if they'd be willing to sell it.

Got a car you still miss?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Was driving back from dropping Rooster at school today and passed a white VW Karmann Ghia....just like the one I had in the early 80's.

I loved that car...broken seat belts, no acceleration to speak of, frequently funky starting behavior and all. His name was Carmen....yea, original, I know....and he (definitely a he) was the most temperamental car I ever owned.

I had my best trip ever down the Pacific Coast Highway in Carmen....meandered through the Redwoods...hopped the ferry in Seattle...lots and lots of good memories tied up with the car.

In keeping with his personality, he had a dramatic end....rear-ended by a hit and run driver, spinning on the ice, and hit head on by a pickup truck. He never had a chance.

Dang, I miss that car. Whenever I see one, which is becoming a rare thing anymore, I'm always tempted to flag down the driver and ask if they'd be willing to sell it.

Damn. Gorgeous car. Simply gorgeous.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

'78 Chevy Nova

it was my second car. I loved that car. It was very dependable. went through a lot of driving around. was very easy to work on.

ayup, I miss that car.

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
femmsational

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitch, but she will do
Relationship Status:
Spoiled beyond rotten!

Thanked 3,788 Times in 773 Posts
femmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputation

Oh I sure do. It was my first car right when I got my license.

It was a blue and white VW van.

I could pile oodles of people in there and throw the surf boards on top and drive all over the island. So fun. Plus, it was big enough to get my stuff and 3 other peoples stuff to the horse shows in.

Only problem is that everyone knew it was my car. I'd be gone all day and get home and my mother could tell me what I had done all throughout the day. It made it WAY too easy for her. But I still loved it.

I don't have a picture of it though. Sad.

Yes, I'm aware I can't spell, and no, I don't care quite enough to spell check. Sorry!!!
femmsational is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to femmsational For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm driving my favorite auto...Isuzu Axiom

Old 10-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Jo, you might enjoy this thread (same topic);

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=4781

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Jo, you might enjoy this thread (same topic);

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=4781
Thanks Dapper! Wouldn't have recognized it from the title
Old 10-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation
Default back in the day

loved my Trans Am
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #9
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

sighhhh..... my favorite car that I have OWNED was my Toyota Echo..... sniff.... the car of my dreams is a Jeep Wrangler...I want an older standard model that LOOKS like a Jeep...independent suspension and a winch for if I get stuck....ok WHEN I get stuck....lol either that or ANY YEAR GTO......yummmmmmmmmmmm those cars are just sexy as all get out..... vrooommmmmmmmmmmmm
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #10
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Did ground up restorations on two of these, one of each color, you can climb trees in them.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
Dante

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

Dante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Loved karman gia. My friend had one. We used to call it a poor bois Porsche.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dante For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 05:52 AM   #12
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
It is so interesting style changes in cars. Here you see where a highlighted feature of this car is the wheels being tucked under the car as far as possible, as it is so exaggerated. Presently, people who drive sports cars seek out the opposite look, adding spacers to push our wheels out to be flush with the body of the car. It makes the car look more aggressive.

I don't know why I never knew this car existed before, Jo. I keep coming back to this thread just to look at it! I need to go learn more about it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #13
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Old 10-26-2012, 06:10 AM   #14
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
It is so interesting style changes in cars. Here you see where a highlighted feature of this car is the wheels being tucked under the car as far as possible, as it is so exaggerated. Presently, people who drive sports cars seek out the opposite look, adding spacers to push our wheels out to be flush with the body of the car. It makes the car look more aggressive.

I don't know why I never knew this car existed before, Jo. I keep coming back to this thread just to look at it! I need to go learn more about it.
I seriously do want one again....was even looking on eBay to see if I could maybe find a good deal....maybe give my Fusion to Rooster next year and get myself back into a Karmann Ghia. Would be a good Florida car, especially if I could find a convertible.

Mine was a 1964....and they changed the styling slightly in the 70s. I didn't care for it quite as much, but still a nice looking car. I liked what Dante called it...the poor boi (or grrrl) Porsche.

Glad I could share it with you Dapper!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #15
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread!

I absolutely do and coincidentally, a couple of friends and I were talking about this last week!

I had a Ford Pinto-not my favorite car. My brother drove it out from Maryland to CA when I was 22.

One day it broke down on this busy street when I had both daughters in the car (youngest about 1 and other almost 3).

It got towed and it was dead. Piece of crap car.

At same time, a guy I had been dating at the time, started dating another woman with two kids and he liked my apartment so much, he rented an apartment for her right across the hall from me. Yeah, I felt great about it.

One day, out of his guilt over the situation, he drove over with a used, but in beautiful shape, 1974 Super Beetle. Yes, I accepted his gift. I was on welfare with no car, two little ones and had to watch him go into new girlfriend's apartment each day.

Anyway. Loved, loved my Super Beetle! I had a big " Sisterhood is Powerful" bumper sticker across the back of the car and got the finger from men and thumbs up from women.

My first girlfriend installed an awesome stereo in it one day when I was at work for my birthday. Oh, we had some great times in that car! Amazing what you can do in a Super Beetle!

Then I got rear-ended on the Santa Ana freeway exchange to the 55 and it was an accordion.

Still miss that car. *sniff*

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 06:46 AM   #16
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

This was my baby. 65 Mustang, Trpoical Turqoise, white pony interior, styleside wheels, Cruise o Matic automatic transmission, 289 4v Engine. ALL STOCK.

She purred like a kitten. RIP SALLY!

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #17
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow I was like 23

I wish I still had her.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #18
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

This was my first car. I was 16. Loved her. Her name was Missy and she took me to school every morning, along with the 15 people i picked up on the way LOL.

This was my second car, i was around 18, but the one i loved the most. It was EXACTLY like this. Color and all. Had a 8-track complete with ACDC blaring from my HUGE speakers in the back that my brother installed. Ohhhhhhhhhh those were good times!!!!!

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #19
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't get my license until I was 36 years old, and

I still drive the only car that I bought myself,

Bob, the Toyota Camry.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #20
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Crazy on the muscle cars of the 70s ...

Bought a brand new 400 cubic inch, 4 barrel, 8 cylinder silver 1976 Firebird Formula. I will always miss it but not the speeding tickets. Threw a rod one time ragging it ... $1300.00 good time. Oh to be young and stupid again - I think not ... it wears me out remembering all that. *laughing*
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: