Old 08-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #21
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
Dude, its my dumb smartphone. And, they, the femmes know how to deal when annoyed. They don't need you to tell them. Nor do I.
Wow, I was just joking around with you!

Sorry...

<bowing out of thread>

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #22
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme, she, her, baby, sweetie
Relationship Status:
holding my heart close and putting back up a wall

sweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputation

well i cant find a foundation that works with my skin, it breaks out really easy i want something light but that covers.

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
sweetfemme247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #23
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

My apologies, Dapper. Sometimes its hard to tell.
Ladies, my apologies for derailing
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #24
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

<---would NOT have posted on this thread if it was in the femme section...just sayin'
I didn't put it in the femme section because it's not intended to be just for femmes nor do all femmes enjoy makeup.

Thread is open to all.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 08:23 PM   #25
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgirl View Post
well i cant find a foundation that works with my skin, it breaks out really easy i want something light but that covers.
My skin's pretty sensitive. My latest foundation is a light-weight estee lauder foundation. It doesn't break me out, but it doesn't do anything magical for me either. I usually don't wear it unless I notice my nose is totally bright pink. Or if I'm going somewhere fancy or going on a date.

Oh, I also really enjoyed the Sally Hanson air brush spray foundation but I can't find it anymore. It's extremely light-weight and glowy. Not sure if they stopped producing it, but they still sell the spray-on hose (ack! has anybody gotten this to work?)

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I love the vibrancy of Urban Decay and, once I put the shadow on, it STAYS on. I'm one of those who need foundation but it either makes me itch or makes my face blotchy or it rubs off in the heat. I've wanted to try bareminerals for a while now. Loreal has a something something Magic something that is a primer/foundation. I got that and will try it.

The hotter it is, the less makeup I tend to wear.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #27
deeperstill

How Do You Identify?:
femme

deeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputation

hi Gemme. i have really sensitive skin and *SIGH* adult acne plus combo oily super-dry skin *SIGH*

bareminerals is the only thing that doesnt make me itch and/or breakout. plus it feels so lightweight and i play around with the colors to match my skin tone during different times of year (i get dark in summer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I love the vibrancy of Urban Decay and, once I put the shadow on, it STAYS on. I'm one of those who need foundation but it either makes me itch or makes my face blotchy or it rubs off in the heat. I've wanted to try bareminerals for a while now. Loreal has a something something Magic something that is a primer/foundation. I got that and will try it.

The hotter it is, the less makeup I tend to wear.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #28
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeperstill View Post
hi Gemme. i have really sensitive skin and *SIGH* adult acne plus combo oily super-dry skin *SIGH*

bareminerals is the only thing that doesnt make me itch and/or breakout. plus it feels so lightweight and i play around with the colors to match my skin tone during different times of year (i get dark in summer)
You have my face????

I started getting acne around age 9 and it has never gone away, completely. Some days are better than others, but it's always there. I totally have the ugly duckling syndrome from it.

My skin's combo too, on my face. The T zone is highly oily and the rest very sensitive and normal to dry. The skin on my chest is also highly sensitive, so I don't do the extra brush of powder I've seen some women do nor do I squirt perfume directly there anymore.

When I get settled, I'll definitely look into getting ahold of some Bareminerals.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 09:02 PM   #29
deeperstill

How Do You Identify?:
femme

deeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputation

lol, i have additional skin issues and scars elsewhere so i totally relate to the ugly duckling syndrome, tho mine came later.

Quote:
You have my face????

I started getting acne around age 9 and it has never gone away, completely. Some days are better than others, but it's always there. I totally have the ugly duckling syndrome from it.

My skin's combo too, on my face. The T zone is highly oily and the rest very sensitive and normal to dry. The skin on my chest is also highly sensitive, so I don't do the extra brush of powder I've seen some women do nor do I squirt perfume directly there anymore.

When I get settled, I'll definitely look into getting ahold of some Bareminerals.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #30
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

You might check it out. In the Austin heat and humidity, makeup melts off your face. Bareminerals is the only stuff I've found that'll last awhile. I've got oily skin, and it doesn't make me break out.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #31
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

sweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputation

hey blush where can i find bareminerals, I would like to try some

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
Old 08-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #32
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Most of the time, I just wear mascara and lipstick, sometimes powder. But I don't like the feeling of make-up late in the day... so I only wear it if the weather is cooler or if I have plans after work, etc.

For powder:

I really like the minerals types of powder, but I am clumsy and when I apply it, it just gets everywhere... so on a whim, I decided to try this. I like the texture, but the way it is applied is awkward and I wonder if somehow I am wasting it? It is also pricey, and thankfully I don't use it often...or I might go broke:

For my eyes:

Sometimes some of this:

For cheeks:

Lips:

I actually love LORAC a lot, but the 2 colors I used are now discontinued...so, I mostly buy MAC! I have a few fave shades- amorous, captive, rebel, all's fair, plum dandy, sequin...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #33
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have used the eyeshadow sheets and hated them. Good thing they were samples

I actually just asked someone for some make up tips today. Medusa said in another thread she loved her Mac lipstick. I havent been happy with my lipsticks since I stopped dying my hair and gone silver. And since the move, I have been sorting out my make ups and I realized I had 30+ tubes of lipstuff and none of it compliments the silver. Well, some of the pinks do.

Then I realized all my colors were probably off. I have gotten older and as I age, my facial skin is changing color. Lighter, perhaps? I have a green tone to my skin, not noticable until you put me up against a pink tone skin...and then they POP pink and I have a shadow of green. My hands are a much deeper color than my face so I cant test make up on my hands like some people can.

So how do you pick your shades? ANd has anyone done a complete change of color palate like I seem to have done?
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #34
BarbaraRyan

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Single and Looking

BarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST Reputation

I totally understand. My skin is sensitive like that too and mineral makeup is the only thing that feels really good on my skin. I use mineral blush for the same reason. I use Purpose for my facial wash and moisturizer and they really help cut down on irritation.

I don't have any dedicated make-up brands that I love. But I love Maybelline Express Finish nail polish and The Body Shop's perfumes.

My basics: mineral make-up, mineral blush, eye shadow, mascara, red lip gloss or stick, and perfume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeperstill View Post

BarbaraRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:30 AM   #35
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgirl View Post
hey blush where can i find bareminerals, I would like to try some
Try Ulta! I've seen it there.

Sassy, here's a video on application...I'm sure it'd work for your mineral foundation too. I didn't know how to apply it either, and this helped.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdy576AWljk&feature=related"]YouTube- Swirl, Tap, Buff(TM) for a Flawless Complexion[/nomedia]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 05:59 AM   #36
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Wow you girls know a lot o stuff I feel undereducated in the makeup department. I really don't wear that much makeup just bronzer and base and lips but I get tired of lipstick colors fast so I keep buying them . I use Loreal lipstick and it works well.

Would like to try Lancome lipsitick but too expensive right now.
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #37
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have tons of Lancome lipstick but frankly I dont like it. I do love their mascara...
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 09:52 AM   #38
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

see I have a issue on what kind of lipstick i should wear, i have a small face and i am pale. and small lips nothing looks right on me but i so want to wear some.

Jim Rohn
Old 08-17-2010, 10:04 AM   #39
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Have you tried the dept store brands they have all kinds of sales people that could help you find the right color, just saying??
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #40
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Yep, another fan of Bare Minerals here, too. I've worn it for years... and have yet to find anything that gives me the ability for sheer OR full coverage, without feeling heavy at all. I live close to the Gulf in Texas... so it's hella humid here and it has NEVER sweated off! But I must admit, I also think that the trick is in the application brushes, too. They just work best with the product.

Anyone that wants to try them out, without the big costly prices, should check out eBay. I buy all of my stuff there, or at the outlet store in San Marcos (when I'm in Austin).

The only store brand of minerals that comes close, is actually Physicians Formula. I use them when I forget to place an order. And, it's only about $10 for the foundation and mineral viel.

My everyday eyeshadow is a new line that I actually found at Walmart *gasp* called Hard Candy. They have some awesome colors that stay on all day long, for only about $6.00 each. I stand there in the makeup aisle, like a kid in a candy store, trying to decide what colors I wanna buy! TONS of colors of lip glosses, lipsticks, blushes, bronzers, eyeliners... you name it! It's great that I can buy a bunch of different stuff, and if I don't like it, it's really not a big waste of money. They even have some of those eyeshadow sheets ~ but I've never tried them. I'm too much of a color blender to even venture to try them. But, they look pretty cool.
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post: