Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #61
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

I use the Clarisonic Mia on my face and it is wonderful. They have the cleanser for sensitive skin as well which I use and have yet to have a problem. Exfoliation is something our skin needs http://www.sephora.com/mia-skin-clea...system-P285163
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #62
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
My favourite new product hands down is Nars Tinted Moisturizer. OMGosh, it is seriously beautiful stuff. That, a little tinted Nivea lip care & touch up those eyebrows & you are good to go in about um, ten seconds. It's gorgeous and doesn't look like make up at all and just feels velvety and perfect. Your skin looks seriously gorgeous so fast. I can't love it enough.

Oh and I've become such a fan of Philosophy's Miracle Worker skin care products. It's sad to learn late in life that you really do get what you pay for with skin care and if I could tell my younger self anything of any value, it would be to use better quality products at a younger age. It's absolutely worth a few extra dollars in the long run.
Thank you for the advice on skin care ....*taking notes
Old 03-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #63
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

I'm going to make a run to Macy's and give it a shot. I have the UD oil control product and it's fab. I hadn't thought to use it under the MAC BB. At this point I'm doing more, not less......so.......I'm not terribly perturbed since this is the only product I've not liked and consequently I didn't like the UD tinted moisturizer that came out 2 summers ago. Even switch!! Thanks for the tips darling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissItalianDiva View Post
The MAC BB is a picky beast and personally I don't care for it and I am a die hard MAC supporter. The primer they used in the BB cream does cause it to feel dry but like you said it does tend to get oily if you set the BB cream which it shouldn't. I am almost positive this is due to the pigments they chose to use so they could get decent coverage within the BB cream. The only solution I have found for the MAC BB Cream is to use the Benefit Porefessional under as your moisturizer then apply and set if needed then for your oil issue use http://www.urbandecay.com/De-Slick-O...efault,pd.html which is absolutely fabulous for oil control...that has been my only workaround for the MAC BB issue but it is of course a crap ton of steps.

Another great BB Cream is Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream it has a primer moisturizer and oil control built in. It is a great one step fix

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 02:53 AM   #64
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation

Good? Bad? So-so?
Old 03-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #65
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I got

for Pete and I got

for myself.

I have very fine curly hair hair so lately I've been combing my hair in the shower with a wide tooth comb before I rinse out the conditioner.

I also use

as a leave in conditioner.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #66
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I use

when I remember.

It isn't a very spendy purchase, but my skin feels smoother after I use it.

I don't know how it compares to other similar products but it's awesome that I can use it in the shower. I expected to have to change the battery by now, but it's possible Pete snuck in and changed it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #67
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
I use

when I remember.

It isn't a very spendy purchase, but my skin feels smoother after I use it.

I don't know how it compares to other similar products but it's awesome that I can use it in the shower. I expected to have to change the battery by now, but it's possible Pete snuck in and changed it.
Does this exfoliate? Or massage? Or both?
Old 03-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #68
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post

Good? Bad? So-so?
awapuhi is great but if you have color treated hair it is not the best option. I currently use Purology http://www.pureology.com/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #69
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
Does this exfoliate? Or massage? Or both?
I think the Neutrogena Wave is a gentle exfoliant.

I use the sensitive pads, and

I always use something on my face afterwards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #70
uncommondialogue

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian; BEMME: Femme with a Butch brain; think Jill from The REAL L Word
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE
Relationship Status:
Single and looking

uncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputation
Default Facial Machines

There are 3 different kinds of facial treatment items I use...

Youthful Essence: Love, love, love this kit; it comes with so many attachments and the scrub to use. It is an awesome kit and I highly recommend it. You can get on auto ship for the new attachments and the scrub Get it!
DermaWand: also excellent item; really smooths out lines and lifts area above brow up. Highly recommend this too.
NuBriilance: very pricey but works good; much prefer the above 2

Semper Fi

uncommondialogue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uncommondialogue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #71
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncommondialogue View Post
There are 3 different kinds of facial treatment items I use...

Youthful Essence: Love, love, love this kit; it comes with so many attachments and the scrub to use. It is an awesome kit and I highly recommend it. You can get on auto ship for the new attachments and the scrub Get it!
DermaWand: also excellent item; really smooths out lines and lifts area above brow up. Highly recommend this too.
NuBriilance: very pricey but works good; much prefer the above 2
Hey Unc,

Did you get these items on HSN? Or where?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #72
uncommondialogue

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE
Relationship Status:
Single and looking

uncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputation
Default BareMinerals

Someone asked where you can get BareMineral products. I found the best prices on theri web sit. They have great starter kits to try and not that expensive for a wonderful product.

Semper Fi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uncommondialogue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #73
uncommondialogue

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE
Relationship Status:
Single and looking

Default Facials products

Meri,
I did get the facial products on HSN, yes. As I mentioned, my favorite is the Youthful Essence! It has a nice unit that can be used in the shower and comes with numerous pads to use on it for exfoliating and cleaning.

Semper Fi

The Following User Says Thank You to uncommondialogue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #74
uncommondialogue

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE
Relationship Status:
Single and looking

Default P.S.

Also, that DermaWand is great for toning up the skin!

Semper Fi

The Following User Says Thank You to uncommondialogue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #75
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default Maybe she's born with it ...

BB Creams have revolutionized my life! And, caused quite the rift between me and foundation. A favourite at the moment is Smashbox -Camera Ready. Truly delightful!
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #76
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

I've been using this eye cream (Stila - Petal Infusions) for about a week now and wanted to give anyone interested a sort of review:

If you have sensitive eyes/skin, this stuff is great. My first litmus test is always 1) do my eyes water 2) does it seem to calm my skin. It has done both of these consistently. I can't vouch for long-term use and its effects on wrinkles or dark circles or puffiness. I will report back after a month or so for those properties.

Happy shopping!~

Last edited by meridiantoo; 03-07-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: added "eye" to cream because it's eye cream!
meridiantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #77
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Red face

Another product review: Peter Coppola's DNA (Hydrating Hair Serum - soy-based):

I bought this stuff randomly and LOVE it! It's very hydrating without making hair oily. The directions say to add a few drops to your normal leave-in hair product or you can apply it directly to hair. I just add it to my night-time hair repair stuff and it seems to really help. It doesn't smooth your hair cuticle, but it does hydrate.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #78
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Red face

I have tried this cream rinse for about a week and it is so-so. It smells really nice (like ginger) and detangles long hair, but that's about all it seems to do. I think the intensive conditioner may work better.

Hope this helps someone!

Old 03-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #79
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress View Post
BB Creams have revolutionized my life! And, caused quite the rift between me and foundation. A favourite at the moment is Smashbox -Camera Ready. Truly delightful!
When I look at the color/shade selection for this product, it appears the only undertone available is pink/blue. Do you have cool/pink or blue undertoned skin?

Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #80
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Ok another shameless plug for a new product I picked up The Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/smashbox...9-001b2166c62d

It has great staying power and a nice brightener in it without it giving you that odd glowing look that I am sure nobody wants underneath their eyes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post: