Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite character?
Piper 14 10.61%
Alex 37 28.03%
Crazy Eyes 48 36.36%
Red 26 19.70%
Daya 7 5.30%
Taystee 8 6.06%
Poussey 11 8.33%
Nicki 16 12.12%
Miss Claudette 11 8.33%
Pennsatucky 3 2.27%
Sophia 8 6.06%
Yoga Jones 3 2.27%
Other - mention in the comments 4 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2013, 03:27 AM   #61
TexasCowboi

How Do You Identify?:
TGStoneButch
Relationship Status:
Married....'nuff said

TexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I'm waiting for Season 2......
TexasCowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TexasCowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2013, 03:19 AM   #62
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I love OITNB!!! Saw Alix and first was kinda "Ehh" because I could only see her in "That 70s Show" but then I was like "Okay.. Pretty hot for a femme [or however she would ID]!"

Piper, well, no. That's a whole big mess I wouldn't want any part in!

Nicki is pretty rawr! but, honestly? I think she would be too forward/agressive for me. *shrug*

Crazy Eyes is total crazy but it really struck a chord deep inside when she asked Piper why people call her Crazy Eyes. I totally wanted to hug her!

Big Boo? Psh, you know if you were her girl she'd totally take care of you [possibly in a controlling, slightly posessive and insanely jealous way..but still..] K, I might be kinda crushing on Big Boo! Must be the seemingly bad boi attitude she has going on.

Poussey [did I remember that correctly??] would just be a femme friend for me!

I could def see Red being my prison mother LOL She reminds me of my friend's German mother - brutally honest, but once she adopts you, you're in for life.

bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #63
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I find it entertaining that what was pulled out of my post earlier is "how pussy tastes", which had nothing to do with the core of my post. It is interesting that most of those who replied to my post and find it ok for the references made to be funny and acceptable, are also the same who were not so long ago in the Butch Cock and Old Fashion/Old School threads criticizing the butches for their ideas and discussion about the way they use, feel about, and embrace their butch cock. At that time, it was "horrible" and "dewomanizing" and "degrading towards women" ex: I love when a woman takes my butch cock in her mouth and sucks it. Yet, it is perfectly acceptable for the butches on this show to talk about women in this fashion and it is now considered comedy.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #64
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Question

I did enjoy the first few episodes....although, it's a bit too tame for my taste.

Why can't they just create a female version of Oz?
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #65
Bootboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mister Bear.. lol actually whatever not a big deal to me.
Relationship Status:
Solo sauntering along

Bootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST Reputation

Hahaha!!!! how did I guess where "Crazy Eyes" was ranked. Hard to pick a favorite on this series though. Crazy Eyes has "heart" I can tell
Bootboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bootboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #66
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

I just started watching it again
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #67
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Guy-

We have received several reports about your posts in this thread. Please do not drag drama from one thread to another and derail the conversation.
It is not acceptable to try to drum up that conversation again.

Everyone in this thread needs to remain respectful. This is a fluffy thread, please let it remain that way!

Thanks,
Medusa
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #68
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

No problem. I wasn't really looking for any discussion, and I wasn't trying to start any drama.

I thought this was an adult discusion about the context of the show and was pointing out my views, and past experiences on this subject. If that is a cause for reporting my post than be it.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #69
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

It's really interesting to see how other people see the characters in the show.

to me, Alex is Futch. Totally. femme-ish outside coating (dress), but total butch in the way she treats others and the way she moves. she has a certain difference of grace. My radar went BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP when I saw her character. I would so go there.

Poussey isn't the slightest bit femme to me at all. I only pick butch up from her mannerisms and movement and interaction. She's soft spoken, gentle and practical, but to my radar and liking, butch. Well, butch-in-my-brain.

I do think it's pretty cool though to see other people's perception of gender markers. I know it's very experience and location dependent. Plus some of the "softest" of butches have turned out to have the biggest mofo brain cocks and strangely more old fashioned in some ways than OFOS stone butch I've dated.

And guy, dude, maybe the people who were telling you off for that in that thread weren't the same people in this one. Like me. Maybe just bring it up in personal IM if you are confused? that's sincere, since I went on about it. If you wanna ask me a question in pvt, I'm happy to answer.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #70
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
No problem. I wasn't really looking for any discussion, and I wasn't trying to start any drama.

I thought this was an adult discusion about the context of the show and was pointing out my views, and past experiences on this subject. If that is a cause for reporting my post than be it.

Guy-

I was clear about why you were reported. Dragging drama from one thread to another is against TOS, not "pointing out your views".

Move along.

Thanks.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #71
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

As I am re-watching season one, I am thinking ahead to things that are going to happen - I was really torn when Red was ousted from the kitchen. I mean, I really love her character and loved seeing her as head of the kitchen and "mommy" to many; but on the other hand, I loved seeing what led to her getting "fired" from the kitchen and watching the Hispanic group take over after Red was gone - especially how much better the food got after that. lol

I cant remember the name of the woman who became head of the kitchen - I am SO bad with names, she was *just* in episode 1 talking to Daya in Spanish when Saya was all, I dont speak Spanish - that whole exchange with her, Daya, and Piper was funny to me. Seeing that whole scene in episode 1 was what triggered the memory of - oh yeah, she takes over the kitchen later.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #72
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I'm happy to say that Gaige is watching it now too, this makes me happy because now she will know what I'm jabbering on about!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #73
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Spoiler alerts pretty please. I am not finished with season 1 yet.

Many thanks.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #74
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

I don't find Piper or Alex believable as queer women. I can't put my finger on it, but I just don't.

Now Miss Claudette on the other hand...If someone were to tell me that she were queer in real life - and butch to boot - I would totally believe them.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #75
Dykea

How Do You Identify?:
I wear garters under my Carhartts
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single as fuck

Dykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
I did enjoy the first few episodes....although, it's a bit too tame for my taste.

Why can't they just create a female version of Oz?
Hey Talon
I'll be the FIRST to admit that I was a HUGE fan of OZ!! And seriously... a HUGE fan.

But OISTNB is based on the book... Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison
by Piper Kerman

It's based on the experiences of a woman being in prison and specifically a privileged white woman. She's awkward, stumbles, fuck ups CONSTANTLY and learns something about women of all different class, cultures, color, sexuality, abuse, history of drugs, mental health, physical health... the LIST goes on and on.

THAT'S FABULOUS!!!

There isn't one damn thing w/this many stories of making women visible anywhere else. The stories of each character that slowly pulls you in and has you ROOT for them individually is what makes you wonder who are we going to learn about NEXT???

So as MUCH as I loved OZ... the stories of women is much more fascinating and fun for me personally. And the show is damn funny. lol!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dykea For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #76
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

I am curious as to what story lines people loved the most - doesnt matter if it is couple related or something like what Miss Claudette went through, or Red and her kitchen.

What were your favorite story lines?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #77
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Spoiler alerts pretty please. I am not finished with season 1 yet.

Many thanks.

I'm sorry Anya - I just cant do it. I tried to, I wanted to, and I even meant to put something at the top of my post about Red, but I just forgot because I really want to talk about the show with other people who have seen and enjoyed it; and if we avoid talking about story lines and plot because someone might not have watched all (or any) of it yet, we will never get to talk about that stuff because it isnt like a regular season show with a start date and end date.

I know if I dont want to know what is going to happen on Survivor, I stay off of that thread until the episode airs here in my time zone. Same for The Walking Dead and American Horror Story - if I dont want to see what happens, I stay out of those threads until I've seen the season (I usually save those 2 and watch them all at once at the end of the season lol).

It sucks to say that and I kinda feel like an asshole putting it out there, but like I said, there is no set start/end date or set night/time for this show and if we wait for *everyone* to see it before we talk about it, we will be waiting forever!

Bygones?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #78
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I am curious as to what story lines people loved the most - doesnt matter if it is couple related or something like what Miss Claudette went through, or Red and her kitchen.

What were your favorite story lines?
Red- Because not fitting in i can relate to
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #79
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Which one on the list is Big Boo???
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #80
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I'm sorry Anya - I just cant do it. I tried to, I wanted to, and I even meant to put something at the top of my post about Red, but I just forgot because I really want to talk about the show with other people who have seen and enjoyed it; and if we avoid talking about story lines and plot because someone might not have watched all (or any) of it yet, we will never get to talk about that stuff because it isnt like a regular season show with a start date and end date.

I know if I dont want to know what is going to happen on Survivor, I stay off of that thread until the episode airs here in my time zone. Same for The Walking Dead and American Horror Story - if I dont want to see what happens, I stay out of those threads until I've seen the season (I usually save those 2 and watch them all at once at the end of the season lol).

It sucks to say that and I kinda feel like an asshole putting it out there, but like I said, there is no set start/end date or set night/time for this show and if we wait for *everyone* to see it before we talk about it, we will be waiting forever!

Bygones?
Oh you misunderstood but I guess it is easy to do.

I don't expect anyone to wait for me.

What I meant was that usually in threads folks just put a header "spoiler alert" if specific plots are discussed but you are right, it isn't like it is a weekly show on a specific night.

I"ll just wait till I'm caught up.

PS: no golden flounce intended

PSS: you are not being an asshole either.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: