Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 08-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #1
Charmingbutch21

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's not a big deal for me, call it as you see it
Relationship Status:
Single

Charmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Masters of Sex

Anyone watching this show? Thoughts about season 2 thus far?

Can I just say Lizzy Caplan is hawt....and a good actress . I remember her being in Mean Girls lol.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Oh yes! We both love the show.

I fell for Lizzie in her brief run on True Blood, in the early days of the show, when it was still good.

She is a fantastic actress and all of her feelings just flit across her face. Her pain is there for anyone to see, even when she hides it under a tumble of words.

She is amazing and brilliant.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #3
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Started to watch the show tonight. Yes, Lizzy Caplanis amazing, actually she and Betty are the most interesting part of it.

Masters was a cold bastard
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #4
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

I wouldn't mind one of those dildoes, though
Old 08-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

so, Beau Bridges is a closet case?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2014, 10:59 PM   #6
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

actually, as it goes on it is very powerful. Will we find out more about his relationship with his mother? was there sexual abuse? Going to bed will continue tomorrow
The Following User Says Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2014, 06:54 AM   #7
Charmingbutch21

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Charmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post
actually, as it goes on it is very powerful. Will we find out more about his relationship with his mother? was there sexual abuse? Going to bed will continue tomorrow
I'm wondering the same thing. Masters is dissociative with his child and I'm interested in the root of that issue.

The research and history part of the show is interesting. As well as the way women were treated in academia during this time. Virginia Johnson certainly had some balls.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #8
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Love this show but....

I didn't get the" jest" of last weeks show at all! I have loved all the other episodes so maybe it's just a fluke! I haven't watched last night episode yet but plan to shortly.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #9
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

sorry, still on season 1
Old 08-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #10
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmingbutch21 View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. Masters is dissociative with his child and I'm interested in the root of that issue.

The research and history part of the show is interesting. As well as the way women were treated in academia during this time. Virginia Johnson certainly had some balls.
It has been touched on in several episodes (as to what his issues are) in season 1 and more in depth in season 2.

I don't want to do any spoilers in case folks are still catching up.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #11
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

no spoilers
Old 08-05-2014, 01:30 AM   #12
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

I love Michael Sheen as Dr. Masters even though his character is a complete ass. His range as an actor is amazing. Hard to believe he's Lucian from Underworld.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:37 AM   #13
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

I do. Its shown here in the UK on a normal cable channel at ten in the evening with commercials. Is all the sex and stuff cut out? Nope. Welcome to british tv after nine pm. Better known as the watershed period.
I do really like Masters of Sex and Michael Sheen is fab in the role. I do really love how they have done the gay storyline. Buy the book. The book is also really fab.
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2014, 09:02 AM   #14
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

Finished 1st season. Glad I stuck it out.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #15
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

1st episode of season 2 and this guy Masters is clearly a scary guy. And Virginia is very complex. She reminds me of Kate Winslet who I find incredibly hot
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #16
Charmingbutch21

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post

It has been touched on in several episodes (as to what his issues are) in season 1 and more in depth in season 2.

I don't want to do any spoilers in case folks are still catching up.
Yes, yes. Now it's coming back to me. Thanks Anya!
Old 08-20-2016, 05:03 PM   #17
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Is this EVER coming back? I loved it
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2016, 05:32 PM   #18
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Is this EVER coming back? I loved it
It seems all of Showtime's shows are later than usual, if I remember last year correctly.

According to TV Line.com:

"Masters of Sex kicks off its fourth season on Sunday, Sept. 11 at 10/9c; Shameless returns for its seventh outing on Sunday, Oct. 2 at 9 pm; and The Affair‘s third season premieres Sunday, Nov 20 at 10 pm".

~Washington Post

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2016, 05:35 PM   #19
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Oh OK thank you very much for the information, greatly appreciated!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 10:38 AM   #20
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Bump*

Masters of Sex back on next Sunday night, 9/11/16,

~Washington Post

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: