Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-05-2019, 07:00 PM   #81
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I researched frozen vs thawed meat, and could not get the answer I wanted...maybe I wasn’t asking the right question!

In any case, frozen meat takes just a bit longer to cook; that is great when you forget to take something out ahead of time! I have cooked frozen chicken and frozen beef roasts, so I know it can be done; the article I found recommenced that meat be prepped before being frozen, in the event it were to be used in this manner...ie: cut roast into pieces for stew, separate chicken into amounts to cook individually, etc.

You learn something new everyday!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #82
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Seems the IP is not good as a slow cooker. I haven't tried it, but after searching "slow cooker" it in the "Customer questions & answers" section at Amazon, I'm not going to try to slow cook any roasts.

Slow cookers and crock pots emit heat from all sides. The slow cooker feature on pressure cookers only emits heat from the bottom. So you're taking a risk when you try to slow cook a roast in the IP unless it's totally covered in water.

I primarily used my slow cooker to infuse oils/butter and make beans, so the slow cooker on the IP will work for me. But beware if you want to slow cook a roast.

Gonna make chicken soup this weekend in the IP using frozen chicken.

Very happy with this product.

i love my crock pots so much, i’m good with using them and not the IP
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2019, 08:34 PM   #83
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,163 Times in 5,133 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Seems the IP is not good as a slow cooker. I haven't tried it, but after searching "slow cooker" it in the "Customer questions & answers" section at Amazon, I'm not going to try to slow cook any roasts.

Slow cookers and crock pots emit heat from all sides. The slow cooker feature on pressure cookers only emits heat from the bottom. So you're taking a risk when you try to slow cook a roast in the IP unless it's totally covered in water.

I primarily used my slow cooker to infuse oils/butter and make beans, so the slow cooker on the IP will work for me. But beware if you want to slow cook a roast.

Gonna make chicken soup this weekend in the IP using frozen chicken.

Very happy with this product.

The more I read about this thing, the more I question whether I should have just replaced my (old-fashioned) pressure cooker with another (old-fashioned) pressure cooker.

I got this InstaPot thing to replace my slow cooker, my rice cooker, and my pressure cooker, to free up some space in my kitchen. I actually have used a pressure cooker regularly since I learned to cook - it infuses flavor like nothing else. My old school pressure cooker recently started giving my food a funny flavor though, as though the metal was leaching into the food. The handle was wobbly and the weight was chewed up from being accidentally dropped in the sink garbage disposal. It's probably 30 years old. So I decided to go the InstaPot route instead of just getting a new pressure cooker.

I set aside this afternoon to get acquainted with my new InstaPot. I only got it unpacked and got so far in the directions, maybe an hour and a half later, before I decided to wait until tomorrow to give it a go. It's so much more complicated than my old pressure cooker. Maybe I am just a dinosaur in the area of cooking.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2019, 12:04 AM   #84
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
The more I read about this thing, the more I question whether I should have just replaced my (old-fashioned) pressure cooker with another (old-fashioned) pressure cooker.

I got this InstaPot thing to replace my slow cooker, my rice cooker, and my pressure cooker, to free up some space in my kitchen. I actually have used a pressure cooker regularly since I learned to cook - it infuses flavor like nothing else. My old school pressure cooker recently started giving my food a funny flavor though, as though the metal was leaching into the food. The handle was wobbly and the weight was chewed up from being accidentally dropped in the sink garbage disposal. It's probably 30 years old. So I decided to go the InstaPot route instead of just getting a new pressure cooker.

I set aside this afternoon to get acquainted with my new InstaPot. I only got it unpacked and got so far in the directions, maybe an hour and a half later, before I decided to wait until tomorrow to give it a go. It's so much more complicated than my old pressure cooker. Maybe I am just a dinosaur in the area of cooking.
You got this! IP is the way to go.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2019, 05:46 AM   #85
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,103 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I know what you mean. When I first got mine I looked at it for awhile wondering if it was a good decision.

I found YOUTUBE videos on opening the box, on the features for my specific model, and video reviews useful. Please search for your model on YouTube to see what comes up.

I also found blogs and websites like Hipcooking to be useful. She has a six-video pressure cooking series that I like. She has good knowledge on these new-style pressure cookers and you may want to check her out.

If these don’t work for you, you can do some searches based on your model. There is a lot of information on the internet about Instant Pots to help ease you into using it.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #86
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

i suggest anyone just starting out with an instant pot join the Instant Pot 101 for Beginners on FB. Lots of newbie questions and references.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/InstantPot101forBeginners/?ref=bookmarks

And i concur with Orema.... watch youtube videos. The more you know the more comfortable you will be.

i had never really learned to cook and the instant pot has changed that. i truly enjoy planning, preparing, and making our meals now.

(Don't tell my IP but i even made something in the oven the other day.)

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2019, 10:08 AM   #87
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,500 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

J got hers. It's pretty. Thou Shall Not Covet. She hasn't had a chance to use it yet because of the move. I guess it would be kind of tacky to ask to borrow it before she's had a chance to use it, or even taken it out of the box. Patiently we sit and wait, sit and wait.........
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2019, 06:59 PM   #88
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,163 Times in 5,133 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

After following y'alls recommendations and watching some YouTube videos, I did it! I pressure cooked a ham bone and then cooked some butterbeans. I feel a lot more confident now that I have used it and have an idea how it works. It's not so different from my old pressure cooker as I thought - high or low pressure, and number of minutes. Easy!

The only thing I don't like about it is the quick release pressure valve. I'm used to being able to pick up the whole pot, put it in the sink, and run cold water over the lid to quickly reduce the pressure with the old school pressure cooker. The IP has to stay in place on the counter and because of how my cabinets are built, they get sprayed with the steam and whatever is in the pot. Fortunately, one of the YouTube videos I watched recommended putting a dish towel over the quick release valve when you open it. I will try that next time.

At least it's safer than opening a hot car radiator.

The ham and beans were delicious, BTW!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2019, 07:06 PM   #89
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
After following y'alls recommendations and watching some YouTube videos, I did it! I pressure cooked a ham bone and then cooked some butterbeans. I feel a lot more confident now that I have used it and have an idea how it works. It's not so different from my old pressure cooker as I thought - high or low pressure, and number of minutes. Easy!

The only thing I don't like about it is the quick release pressure valve. I'm used to being able to pick up the whole pot, put it in the sink, and run cold water over the lid to quickly reduce the pressure with the old school pressure cooker. The IP has to stay in place on the counter and because of how my cabinets are built, they get sprayed with the steam and whatever is in the pot. Fortunately, one of the YouTube videos I watched recommended putting a dish towel over the quick release valve when you open it. I will try that next time.

I use the dish towel over the valve as well....I have so little kitchen space that I have wet stuff flying everywhere otherwise!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2019, 08:53 PM   #90
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

YAY!!! Yes i keep the steam away from the cabinets etc, and my face. LOL
Old 01-08-2019, 08:26 AM   #91
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Yes! I found youtube to be my savior while figuring it out.

I did find that I liked my ribs more in the slow cooker mode. I like them to melt off the bone. They were cooked with the pressure cook mode but i cooked them longer in slow cook to get them super tender.

Maybe try some hard boiled eggs first? what’s the worst that can happen.? And its so easy.

I use the 5-5-5 method!

https://www.onehappyhousewife.com/in...d-boiled-eggs/
The 5-5-5 method was too much for the size eggs I get. I usually get "large, grade AA" eggs which are smaller than the extra large and jumbo eggs. I have found 4-4-4 on low pressure works well for me. They're still hard boiled but the yolks don't have a green coating and whites are digestible.

I think it all depends on the size of the eggs.

Lovin' my IP.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #92
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Ninja Foodi Crisper

I have been wanting an Instant Pot cooker and an air fryer for a while now but just never got around to getting either of them. So I have been seeing commercials/infomercials for the Ninja Foodi crisper the last couple months and was doing some research on that vs the instant pot. Well today I decided to go for it and I ordered the Ninja foodi. I am excited to have an appliance that does all the instant pot does but crisps/air frys as well. I will post my review after it arrives.
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #93
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I may be naive about just how many deviled eggs the B-F community eats or how many pot-lucks we get invited to but seems to me that the 1-10-1 method is best ( and no muscle strain lifting an I.P.).

1 min to fill pot with water and put egg (eggs )
10 min to boil
1 min to remove, run under cold water.

1 pot, one soupspoon required.

Our Moms, alive or passed, must be laughing their heads off.

Call me a Luddite but I really don't see the benefit of this technology.

BTW, my tone here is not hostile LOL
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 02:09 PM   #94
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I may be naive about just how many deviled eggs the B-F community eats or how many pot-lucks we get invited to but seems to me that the 1-10-1 method is best ( and no muscle strain lifting an I.P.).

1 min to fill pot with water and put egg (eggs )
10 min to boil
1 min to remove, run under cold water.

1 pot, one soupspoon required.

Our Moms, alive or passed, must be laughing their heads off.

Call me a Luddite but I really don't see the benefit of this technology.

BTW, my tone here is not hostile LOL
I too am a 1-10-1 in the pot egg cooking kinda gal, but it is an art lost to the young folks who think that buying food in a pkg for big bucks and having it delivered so you can eat tiny portions you have to cook is a good thing! All kidding aside, I love the way food cooks and tastes in my insta pot... I have so little space that I need something that can do so many things, and do them quickly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 03:11 PM   #95
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:

I saw these at Amazon:

and have been thinking of getting one.

Click here to view one at Amazon for anyone who's interested.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #96
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I saw these at Amazon:

and have been thinking of getting one.

Click here to view one at Amazon for anyone who's interested.
Bought one of those but found the spray still needs to go someplace so put it in a drawer and just use a towel now.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 07:34 PM   #97
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SweetCheeks~ View Post
I have been wanting an Instant Pot cooker and an air fryer for a while now but just never got around to getting either of them. So I have been seeing commercials/infomercials for the Ninja Foodi crisper the last couple months and was doing some research on that vs the instant pot. Well today I decided to go for it and I ordered the Ninja foodi. I am excited to have an appliance that does all the instant pot does but crisps/air frys as well. I will post my review after it arrives.
I saw this and wondered about it.Let us know!
Old 01-09-2019, 12:34 AM   #98
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

A little disappointed it may be up to 6 weeks to receive my order. Item is on backorder.
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 09:34 AM   #99
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SweetCheeks~ View Post
A little disappointed it may be up to 6 weeks to receive my order. Item is on backorder.
Awwwwwwwwww
Old 01-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #100
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

The local library is offering a free 3 course class on instapot cooking. I am thinking about taking it even though I don't have one yet.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post: