Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 03-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #41
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
So here's the deal. I will bet you an unspecified amount of money that most of those Yahoos out there protesting the Healthcare bill, don't even fucking have it! Because unless you work for a major company, city, state, county, feds, the chances of you having access to REASONABLY priced healthcare is pretty slim.

What they appear to be doing in these "Rallies" is to express their outrage that "their" President is black under the guise of some of the most ridiculous and outlandish signage I have ever seen. They are grasping at metaphorical straws and outright lies told to them by their equally racist Senators in order to have something to bitch about that is not going to get their forehead painted with 3K's.

The problem here is not that they don't want Healthcare reform. It's that they don't want this President and so they are willing to screw everyone with their constant jabs and innuendo.

I know that most people are not stupid and mean, it just seems that way sometimes. AND BOTH the Republicans and Democrats are responsible for making that document so bloated with pork and special "deals", that it is not even readable. SHAME ON ALL OF THEM!

This Quasi Rant has been brought to you by 4 cups of coffee and a Diet Coke (r)

ROLF, your rant speaks volumes!

The racism displayed at these rallies is pretty obvious. And, although, I see the mega-bucks it is my money syndrome, I do see your point about some attending these discusting events as not having access to quality healthcare.

As the bill appears to stand, I have a lot of problems with it. There is a lot of pork and bullshit in it. And the idea of just passing it for a Dem win makes me crazy. I keep trying to assess what is actually in it that will help me and many others out. It is a mess!!

In light of what you are saying I have been agonizing over a school bond that is going to be on my ballot here. Frankly, as a someone that has lost 2/3rds of my income in the last 2 years, having my property tax increase is not something I want. Sure, it will be only about $30, but this is on top of about 6years of yearly increases of $30-$50 which is reflected on my montly house payment. Additionally, I bought my home post-Prop 13 in CA and pay about 5 times tyhe property taxes that people that bought pre-Prop 13 do. And hell, my home value has decreased over 25%!

I have always supported school bonds and am a former public school teacher. Also someone that was educated within the public school system, including a community college along the way. Same for my kid. I want more money for schools! Yet, I have to say, this will make a difference to me as a retired person that also has high health-care costs as well as health-care insurance that sux! I can't drop it for another due to pre-existing conditions and I am too young for MediCare or to draw Social Security. My medical conditions are disabling.

No, I don't believe that every person at these rallies are rich or represent corporate interests. Oh yeah, many are racists!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #42
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

I think it is important to remember that not everyone opposed to the way the healthcare bill is being worked is of the all evil ilk. Not all are ultra- conservative right wingers and certainly not all are plants from the insurance lobbys.

I am not entirely happy with this bill from what I have been able to read of it. It is a start that might eventually become what it should and could be, but as it stands there will still be huge numbers of folks without healthcare and a large number of folks who when "forced" to purchase healthcare will have to make the decision of food or my imposed healthcare plan. There are quite a few really not so great things about the bill as it is.

Seriously though, not all of the "tea baggers" are the bad guys.

http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/20.../michael-moore
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #43
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

My vote is for full socialized medicine and I have really good insurance at the small company I work for.

I agree that many of the people at these rallys probably do not have insurance and are being led to vote against their own self interests by racism or by being convinced that if there is socialized healthcare, then sex changes will be free and gays will be able to marry.

I think it is likely that this person is using the word "demon" as a racist code word.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #44
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I don't think ALL Tea Baggers are evil, racist pricks. Just most of them.

And, I was really clear that both sides of the aisle are culpable for this Healthcare cluster fuck.

And, I work for a 12 year old, 15 employee company that cannot afford to offer healthcare to any of us. I have decent, affordable healthcare because my partner works for the County and we are "lucky" enough to have partner benefits here.

I think I'm gonna go start a poll. Stay tuned.
I have a difficult time thinking all the Baggers are not evil.

I saw what they discussed when they were here in Nashville for their convention. I do not see anything that proved to me they cared about their fellow humans....starting with their keynote speaker.

Maybe just the mean ones get on the news?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #45
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

medicare, the kind that old teabaggers utilize, is government subsidized health care, i don't get why i have to pay for these old, hateful racists to have access to affordable health care. they're milking the system, i'm sick of these anchor-seniors!
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #46
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Teabaggers, they think elitist means "someone who reads. It's a cult not a movement", via Bill Maher. There's a youtube video out there somewhere...funny stuff.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #47
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
medicare, the kind that old teabaggers utilize, is government subsidized health care, i don't get why i have to pay for these old, hateful racists to have access to affordable health care. they're milking the system, i'm sick of these anchor-seniors!
It rips me out of the frame! Agreed!

They have socialized insurance. Growwwl.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #48
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Teabaggers, they think elitist means "someone who reads. It's a cult not a movement", via Bill Maher. There's a youtube video out there somewhere...funny stuff.

And how many of the Republican leadership went to Ivy League schools????....except of course Sara Palin who just really may not know how to read teleprompters...hense the 4 line crib notes.

rant rant rant rant.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #49
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
So do I.

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/...th-parkinsons/
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #50
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
After all, who would be able to point a finger at the health insurance lobby if this is a "grassroots movement," and yet how do we know who all the people were at the beginning of it? How do we know who the people are who champion it now, or more importantly, who they work for? There's no way to keep track of things like that.
Rachel Maddow has been doing a great job of following the money trail this past year and can track just about all of these shenanigans back to their sources.

Quote:
I think it is likely that this person is using the word "demon" as a racist code word.
I believe that he got it from yesterday's news buzz phrase "deem and pass". The funny part is, after all the filibustering, when word got out that Senate Dems were threatening to use deem and pass, the Repugs raced to the TV cameras and started demanding an up or down vote!! Geez, peeps, the rest of the country has been wanting up or down votes in the Senate since 1/21/2009!!!!!!

Quote:
Right there with you.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #51
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Once again, Alan Grayson has come up with the simple and practical solution. HR 4789, the Medicare You Can Buy In To Act. Basically, anyone can sign up for Medicare and the rate would be the average cost for people in that age group. The entire bill is just a few pages long, and it has accumulated 50 co-sponsors in just 48 hours. My Congresswoman has already signed on. Has yours? (I heart Lynn Woolsey).

Alan Grayson 2012!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #52
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I saw what they discussed when they were here in Nashville for their convention. I do not see anything that proved to me they cared about their fellow humans....starting with their keynote speaker.

Maybe just the mean ones get on the news?

I watched the same video posted earlier and yes, the yuppie throwing money was an ass. The last woman who spoke however, seemed quite rational, reasonable and not really evil. Evil is a pretty harsh view. Kinda like "demonic".
Old 03-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #53
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
Once again, Alan Grayson has come up with the simple and practical solution. HR 4789, the Medicare You Can Buy In To Act. Basically, anyone can sign up for Medicare and the rate would be the average cost for people in that age group. The entire bill is just a few pages long, and it has accumulated 50 co-sponsors in just 48 hours. My Congresswoman has already signed on. Has yours? (I heart Lynn Woolsey).

Alan Grayson 2012!!!!
Now, THIS makes sense. Amazing it is only a few pages.

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-bl...p-alan-grayson

Thanks.

Last edited by Jess; 03-17-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: ETA link to Grayson article and hr4789
Old 03-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #54
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I watched the same video posted earlier and yes, the yuppie throwing money was an ass. The last woman who spoke however, seemed quite rational, reasonable and not really evil. Evil is a pretty harsh view. Kinda like "demonic".
Good point, evil is too strong and does imply that I believe in evil and hell and all that.

How about.... I do not agree with them at all, and it is difficult for me to see how possibly they think what they do, especially since they claim for the most part to be Christian.

Not that I think Christians act better, but if one does supposedly think that the Bible (New Testament in Particular) is THE holy book and that the words of Jesus mean something, then I don't get their logic and have zero respect for their line of thinking.

I do agree that "Evil" does imply magical thinking just like "Demons". Great point! I need to work on being consistent!

Sleepy rambling...can't wake up this morning.....
Old 03-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #55
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Elections do matter..

.it is why Mr. Roberts is now Chief Justice, hard to forget how much they really matter.

From Alternet:

http://www.truthout.org/justice-robe...ns-matter57780
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #56
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

From the Advocate: Teabaggers call Barney Frank a Faggot. You can read it on this link.

http://advocate.com/News/Daily_News/...rank_a_Faggot/
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #57
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
From the Advocate: Teabaggers call Barney Frank a Faggot. You can read it on this link.

http://advocate.com/News/Daily_News/...rank_a_Faggot/
The N word, was tossed around quite a lot also
Though to other people ..
A good time being had by all...
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:52 PM   #58
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

yahoo! health care!
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:02 PM   #59
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

The sky is falling!!! This evil plot has caused it to snow in Texas!!! Grab the guns, the bibles, and the babies!!! God help us all!! Aaaaaagggggghhhhh!!!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:17 AM   #60
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
yahoo! health care!
Well no, but Insurance mild reform...
Health Care and Insurance, are not synonymous
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post: