Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #121
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default a Ford Origianl Woody

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #122
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I was taught to drive a stick right away when I started driving and many of my vehicles have been manual.

This was like my very first vehicle but it was red! A pontiac sunbird. heh. That could haul ass! Ohhh I had fun in the snow with this!

I had one of these mazda's also. It was gold with purple and red lines on the sides. The vehicle was glittered with specks. heh.

I've also owned a Ford Tempo, Chrysler T&C,
Jeep Wrangler Soft Top with big tires and custom wheels,
Pontiac Grand Am,
Kia Spectra GSX that I put larger racing tires on and custom wheels. That ride was sweet and looked pretty similar to this one.

I currently own a Kia Sportage I am looking to possibly sell or trade for a sporty car or a pickup truck.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #123
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

For those of you that have 4 door vehicles such as Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda, Infiniti, or even Ford, Chevy, etc.. or have owned in the past

and also pick up trucks (Ford, Dodge, Chevy, GMC, Toyota) . .

Tell me which MAKE do you find to be the most reliable as it gets older?

Thanks!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #124
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
For those of you that have 4 door vehicles such as Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda, Infiniti, or even Ford, Chevy, etc.. or have owned in the past

Thanks!
For sedans:

Hands down hondas civics and Honda accords. I believe that the honda civic is number one in the country for reliability.

You should be able to find this documented in many places if you do any research. Toyotas are a good choice, as well. Nissan is ok, I believe.

I am currently looking for a used Honda Civic with 100,000 miles on it for my stepson for college. No doubt it will run to 200,000 miles easily (if it has been taken car of, even so-so), so I am confident he will make it through the next four years no problem.

I don't know anything about trucks, but I believe that there are some long lasting American pick ups. I don't know about honda/toyotas for pick ups.

I would suggest you check out the reliability ratings on www.consumerreports.org. www.edmunds.com is a good source for car reviews.

Good Luck.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #125
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I,m currently shopping for a 67 chevy nova and/or a 67 camaro.

I just sold my 63 chevy impala 2 door to my nephew..

My real passion is with the nova and camaro!

I just saw this thread.
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #126
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegal View Post

I just saw this thread.

I do love the old camaro, but I also love the new ones! Mmmmm. If I have the means to do so, that's going to be my next car *grin*

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #127
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thanks!
My Mazda 3 has 150k miles and still going

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #128
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I just saw this thread.
The guy up the street from me has a '67 Nova. He loves that thing and obsesses over it the way I do my BMW Z3. The car obsession is a double edged sword, though. It is kind of masochistic to try to keep something that hurls down the road pristine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #129
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Smile My dream car

Quad-cab pick-up truck! Jet black, with leather interior.
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stephfromMIT For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #130
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfromMIT View Post
Quad-cab pick-up truck! Jet black, with leather interior.
Year(s), make, model, trim level?

Old 09-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #131
TWolf

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Totally taken

TWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thanks!
I'd have to say Toyota. They are consistently ranked in the top for reliability. Have a Matrix that's going on 160k and I fully expect over 200k out of it. Toyota's are also known for their low maintenance. Heck! They tried to kill a Toyota Hilux (Tundra in the states) on the show Top Gear. Couldn't do it. The videos on YouTube are worth watching!
Old 09-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #132
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation

Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #133
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Dapper-Any new Ford is fine by me.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #134
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Here's my car. Not my specific car, but make and model -- and color.

Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #135
AnnRkey

How Do You Identify?:
As Myself

AnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST Reputation

I've never been a Ford kind of gal. Chevys are about the only American cars I like, and of course GTOs are my true loves. Vettes are prolly the sleekest cars around.
AnnRkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnnRkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #136
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:

Smile

Just at cars.com, built my dream truck. It's a GMC Sierra.
The Following User Says Thank You to stephfromMIT For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #137
AnnRkey

How Do You Identify?:
As Myself

AnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST ReputationAnnRkey Has the BEST Reputation

A masterpiece....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AnnRkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #138
AnnRkey

How Do You Identify?:
As Myself

a materialistic thing of beauty

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnnRkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #139
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I just saw this thread.
I had no idea you loved Chevys too!

I have owned a 67 Nova, 68 Camaro and 63 Impala. All sweet cars.

Now, I drive a 2010 Honda CRV. What happened?
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #140
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation

Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post: