Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 11-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #61
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cracking Fingers

ahhhh sometimes I get confused when trying to get all fancy in a message... it takes this old fox time to learn new things. Gone are the days of the simple hen house and the chicken wire fence... now we got lights and electricity and alarms and fancy whatnots....

okay unrelated to anything but I had to get that out there.

Now Miss Bit you asked what is Aspecting. I learnt Aspecting from the Reclaimers in my area. And then I shamanized it I know but true. Anyway, in this particular ritual we use cloths or bandannas or whatever the aspector is drawn to. Aspecting is akin to being a conduit. Aspecting is when the seeker makes a conscious choice to step aside and make space. It is a conscious intention to open yourself to allow this spirit (in this case the Spirit of the Dark) to cohabitate with you for awhile. We are a physical extension of spirit and moving with guidance, spiritual movement, whether that be physical, verbal or experiential – this is an interactive dance between the Spirit of the Dark and the body. We can use Ballroom dancing as an analogy in that the dance is a constant non verbal communication.

The cloth is used to facilitate the entry of the spirit helper it is a physical symbol of transcendence. As the curtain parts, or the cloth comes down, one world gives way to another. We are not using masks because we are not engendering a specific form or entity. The Spirit of the Dark is an ambiguous, formless spirit. The Aspectors sit inside the circle of joikers and drummers, so a very intense place to be. It is just fascinating to watch. You can tell who is in and who is out quite easily. It takes a lot to step aside and dance with another spirit. This is not the same as possession as is practiced say by Yoruba dancers or Voodoo priestesses. This is much more subtle and gentle. Usually the aspectors are left with an amazing sense of joy, upliftment and well they are quite high.

Now joiking is from the Saami people of northern Scandinavia who have a unique unaccompanied vocal style called joik. Thank you Bit for posting those videos. Joiking is chanting visions. It is an improvised style of singing that is less about actual words than melody and vocal textures. Our ancestors could joik about a hunt, a frozen stream or the birth of a baby, however what makes it unique is that there are no fixed rules and the fluid songs are not considered to be about a subject. The joik, and by extension the joiker, are said to actually become the subject. So when our voices are calling out to the Spirit of the Dark our joik returns the very response we seek. Joiking is the place betwixt and between when the singer sings the song and the song returns to sing the singer. The joik is the summoning of the unconscious or a wordless connection with the deepest archetype of song itself.

In this ritual the intention of the Joikers is to sing back the sun; the aspectors are becoming the Dark and returning with messages from the 'outgoing' darkness. The drummers are situated in each corner of the room and they are the energetic backbone of the ceremony. The drums are the energy elixer for the joikers. There is often a lead joiker and drummer, keeping the singers and drummers in sacred space. It is quite easy to lose yourself as a drummer or a joiker. The reason for this is because when you joik, aspect or drum it is your inention to go off on your own. However... that being said there has to be strong singer and drummer to ensure everyone gets back okay. All three roles within the ritual are open to move between the worlds... which is all well and good, but there has to be someone available to ensure they all come back intact and without hangers-on. And there are times when it can take work to bring someone back and work to clear the space after. This is an intense ritual and is only open to people who are very familair with altered states work. We meet for a practice so that people can see what each role is like and they are welcome to change it at the time of ritual.

Anyway... Did that answer your question and then some?? I can get a bit long winded at times.
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #62
Daryn
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
genderqueer leaning male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/ze
Relationship Status:
open to persuasion.....

Daryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST Reputation

Foxyshaman - Amanita mushrooms are pretty much all poisonous, many of them are lethally so. I personally would not mess around with fly agarics. People who want a spiritual experience would probably be better off with liberty caps which a one of the sub-species of psilocybens. None of these fungus are particularly good for a human body.

For a little info:

http://www.shroomery.org/8752/What-i...cybe-mushrooms

I have something of an interest in mycology though that interest is in edibles like chantrelles, morels, chicken of the forest, etc.
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #63
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I have decided I can only read this thread when I have at least an hour to spend just on it... I read something and then I want to look it up and research, and then respond with questions... and I just never seem to have the time.

This is directly related to my choice to consider myself Druid. I choose this signifier for its interpretation, even though my actual practices are such a splendid mix of all that works with me.... Druid, as I have found the interpretation, means... one that learns. I love this part of my religion. Learning what works for me, what works for others, knowing as much as I can on each thing...

It makes it so difficult for me to pay as much attention as I should. BUT... after the new year I hope to see this change some. One of my yearly goals (not resolutions, because I only care that I tried, happen or not) is going to be to devote more time to my studies and my faith.

That being said, even if I don't seem to post often. Please keep in mind I am here and listening. I have a tendency to wait first and speak later, wanting all of my words to be filled with wisdom and meaning.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #64
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryn View Post
Foxyshaman - Amanita mushrooms are pretty much all poisonous, many of them are lethally so. I personally would not mess around with fly agarics. People who want a spiritual experience would probably be better off with liberty caps which a one of the sub-species of psilocybens. None of these fungus are particularly good for a human body.

For a little info:

http://www.shroomery.org/8752/What-i...cybe-mushrooms

I have something of an interest in mycology though that interest is in edibles like chantrelles, morels, chicken of the forest, etc.
Hi Daryn,

Thanks for the information. I have been to that site a few times, I think it is pretty useful. I have no desire to try AM... like ever. I have however used Psilocybin mushrooms for spiritual work. I really respect the Little People and all that they have taught me over the years. In Canada it is legal to purchase the spores and grow them, but I find them tricky to grow. But hey that is what practice is all about.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #65
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
I have decided I can only read this thread when I have at least an hour to spend just on it... I read something and then I want to look it up and research, and then respond with questions... and I just never seem to have the time.

This is directly related to my choice to consider myself Druid. I choose this signifier for its interpretation, even though my actual practices are such a splendid mix of all that works with me.... Druid, as I have found the interpretation, means... one that learns. I love this part of my religion. Learning what works for me, what works for others, knowing as much as I can on each thing...

It makes it so difficult for me to pay as much attention as I should. BUT... after the new year I hope to see this change some. One of my yearly goals (not resolutions, because I only care that I tried, happen or not) is going to be to devote more time to my studies and my faith.

That being said, even if I don't seem to post often. Please keep in mind I am here and listening. I have a tendency to wait first and speak later, wanting all of my words to be filled with wisdom and meaning.

Thanks for that Jenn. I look forward to hearing about your path and what you are learning along the way. I too can be slow in responding. Then I get back to it and the conversation is three pages ago and then don't bother cause the conversation train has pulled out of my stop.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #66
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

hey, we're flexible here... think of us as a stretchy people.... grab that post and tack it on to the train with your thoughts! Nothing is ever out of date in this thread.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #67
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

......so, I keep falling asleep, oh my, but I so want to answer. I find myself thinking I should eat something and that would wake me up but yanno... what I want to eat is turkey and it keeps putting me to sleep, lol....

Jenn, I think Druidry is a wonderful path and I love that saying about "one that learns." I have to say though, if you are like me--and I suspect you might be--waiting until you have wisdom to share is not the way to go. Wisdom comes through the pen, so to speak; first you write, THEN you gain wisdom--for how else can Nature speak to you, unless you open your (metaphorical) mouth and let the words pour out?

This was a hard lesson for me and it took me a long time to lose my self-consciousness and get comfortable writing in public, but it has been one of the most valuable lessons of my life. I have moved forward on my path every time I have been brave enough to just write, and not worry about censoring myself. It allows my thought processes to flow freely and brings new insights every time. I personally think writing is the best gift you can give yourself.

Besides, if you're here asking questions, the thread stays active.

Daryn, thank you for the shroom link!

Foxy, I love love LOVED your post! That was fascinating!

And I am jealous beyond words. I sooo want to be there!

Tell us more, please? I am assuming that you are the one who keeps everyone safe and brings them home? And omg... without hangers-on. You know, I think I begin to understand what happened to this world to create this society we live in...yikes!

So anyhow, it's fascinating to me the way we are all bringing our part of the spiritual world back into being, giving and borrowing back and forth from one spirituality to another. Good for you for Shamanizing things! I think this is as it should be.

And yanno, I also think that the more often people join in a ritual like this one, the stronger the balance of the world gets. We've been way off balance for a long, long time, and once the priests of the main religions stopped fulfilling their true priestly functions, I think there were too few people holding the connections open between physical life and Spirit. Too much did come through that shouldn't have--and too few connected when everyone should have.

As for please continue!! I just love talking with you!

Holly and Ivy Blessings!
Old 11-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #68
Daryn
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
genderqueer leaning male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/ze
Relationship Status:
open to persuasion.....

Daryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST Reputation

Foxyshaman - the psilocybens in the PNW really like cow pastures which suggests that they like a lot of nitrogen rich fertilizer. And they like open spaces unlike say things that grow in forests. That's about all I can tell you about growing them. Good luck though.
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #69
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Bit,

You make this a wonderful place for learning... and you are probably right about me. I need to open my mouth, so to speak. I don't know why, but this made me think of a dream of mine, one I had (and remembered which is what makes it weird) almost two years ago now, it was so profound that I woke and immediately wrote it down. I re-read it every few months, and I am now being prompted to share it with you all. I hope through my sharing I can gain something, and I hope also that some of you may as well.

-----

Dream from November 9 2007

Alison’s House

I walked down a path beside a river with a cliff face on either side. As I walked I felt a clam take over. This is all so familiar, a dreamscape, my place of reflection and guidance. After a time, the cliff on the far side of the river fell away to a plateau. I saw a hawk fly above me, almost as big as an eagle. He called to me and flew low. Then it was as if I was seeing through his eyes. I flew high and looked over the landscape. Once I was two men, intimately embraced, in another area a city sprung to life. At last I saw what I was seeking. A fire with three people gathered round it. I flew lower and as I landed I changed shape becoming myself again. I walked to the fire and set down among those already there. The first was and Indian chief sitting proud and erect; his chest bare and feathers in his hair, which hung loose to his waist. Next was a solider, from his uniform and equipment and American solider from WWII. He avoided the glance of the others, and I was fatigue in his face. The last was and old Chinese medicine woman. She too was proud; and like the Indian, used to being in charge. For some time we sat in silence as other images cam into my mind: a grave yard and my sister’s grave, playing a game in the yard as a child, lowering yet another loved one into the ground.

Finally I asked the chief, “Why are you here?” indicating the others as well.

He replied “We each represent a piece of you.”

As I again looked at each of my companions I became confused. I had similarities to the medicine woman; we both used herbs and energies to heal. But what could these other two represent in me? “I don’t understand,” was my guarded reply. “I am not a soldier, a warrior as this one.”

The Indian smiled patiently. “You are strong than you thing. You weather storms that would drown many. You fight to be yourself and make choices to place yourself in great adversity to achieve your goals.” He placed a hand on my shoulder before speaking again. “The battles you fight could be easily avoided, the warrior in you must fulfill honor. You must be true to yourself in the face of others.

As I once again looked at the soldier he raised his head and as our eyes met yet another mired of images flooded my head. First was the soldier on the battle field, kneeling beside a fallen comrade, assuring him things would be fine and help was on the way. Calm and in control, even through his friends dying breath. Next was a young woman, myself I realized, comforting a relative at my sister’s funeral. Controlling my own emotion until I felt others had been satisfied. I saw myself grow older as other battles in my life were played out beside me. When I returned to the fire I looked at the chief, unable to speak.

He nodded in understanding. “The woman is next. To her people she is invaluable. She is able to see the signs of sickness and relieve the pain of others. You also were given this gift. Not only to use plants as medicine, but to feel pain and remove it. The pain you have felt in your own life serves to heighten these senses, without it you would lack the understanding of the energies you see in others; not to mention the desire to remove from others that which you have suffered.”

In the old woman I saw many things. But, mostly I was reminded of the joy and awe I fee as I use my abilities to help another. This time it was I who nodded in understanding and I to speak. “But what of you? I am not a leader of masses; I was not born to a position of honor as you were.”

At this question he laughed, his head falling back and a great full sound filling the air. “It is true that the position I was born to was clear for all to see. I was a leader to my people and they knew to whom they could turn. I bore my burden of responsibility publicly. You are not so lucky, Little One. You are to be a leader, but quietly. Waiting as I did for a people to come to you for guidance and in return being guided yourself, the spirits putting those in need with in your path. But I represent more than that in you. I am also hear to guide you, as I was guided. Your spirit is close to the land. The animals and plants whisper to you. Listen to them. For to long you have ignored the call. Time grows short. Move quickly to ready yourself once more. You must go.”

At once I awoke, lying beside my lover; the light entering the room a gentle embrace. Still I was shaken.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #70
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

WOW. Jenn, profound is hardly the word for it!

My impression is that you were being shown past lives, and how your personality and roles in life have continued through the many turnings of the Wheel.

Thank you for the compliment about the thread.

This, I think, is the key to Empaths.
"........You also were given this gift. Not only to use plants as medicine, but to feel pain and remove it. The pain you have felt in your own life serves to heighten these senses, without it you would lack the understanding of the energies you see in others; not to mention the desire to remove from others that which you have suffered.”

Maybe this is part of the reason so many Empaths have fibromyalgia and other chronic pain illnesses?

I have to say that every misstep, every mistake, every broken dream and shattered heart I have endured along the way have been like grist to the mill; they have all played into my healing abilities in one way or another. Everything I have endured, when I recognize it in another, I am driven to ease it, to ease their pain....

Thank you for being brave enough to share your dream with us. Thank you for the validation of the insight about pain and why we-who-are-healers experience so much of it. It's one thing to notice a correlation, and another to find confirmation! That's a gift--thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #71
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

I actually thought of a question today, one that I have always been curious about. Meditation is such a big part of so many aspects of our work, and I have heard a different different ways to do it. I am curious, if you are willing to share, about your own personal forms of meditation. What types of breathing exercises help you, your visualization methods...

For me, I tend to dream-scape... I guess that's the best way to put it. When I sit down to meditate and reflect, I sit comfortably and begin to just breath deeply and regularly focusing on the beat of my heart and the rhythm of my breath, before too long I am two places at once. I am still sitting there relaxed and breathing, but I am also walking down the path from my dream. Its always the same one, the same place, only the things I see as I walk every change.

This process for me has always seemed so vastly different from the others I have encountered so I am curious to hear about other experiences... to learn what others see and do, so I can understand it better.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #72
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Sounds like the beginning of a guided visualization to me, Jenn; seems like a really great way to do it!

I'll be back to post more tomorrow; tis time to
now.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #73
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Hail and Good Morning Fellow Planeteers!!!

JustLovelyJenn I like your question. I like and drumming and singing and journeying and meditating... preferably not all at the same time tho'.

Okay no semi seriously... I use the drum and other instruments to alter my conscious state for trance work or altered states work. I specifically like the drum for trance work as I find it quite easy to enter the state and stay in it. I also like the didjeridoo for trance work as well. The sound of it allows me the opportunity, much like the drum does, to drop into the Theta state and into the liminal state. The rattle is also, for me a very effective tool for trance work, especially if I am doing trance postures. I also use the rattle and drum in healing work. The vibrations help the body to release whatever is stuck on or in the body.

I also enjoy guided meditations, I find that they allow me to access both the language and imagination parts of my brain. I also lead guided meditations which I love to do cause it is just as much a mystery to me where I am taking the room as it is to the room where they are going... <hmmm does that even make sense??>

I have tried various times quiet meditation, but I have to admit that I can be lazy and let me mind wander. So, I use tools to get me to the places I want to go.

You mention in your post that are always in the same place but that things change. In journey work I use the same starting place, I refer to it as my anchor. From there I travel to what is commonly referred to as the three worlds, upper lower and middle. The three worlds is a common motif in shamanic practice. From my anchor then either spirit takes me to a particular place, or I have a specific task which requires me to go to a specific land to travel through.

Anyway... I am about to get wwwaaayyy technical, far more than your question asked for and I am afraid I will show my colors. I would be most interested in hearing others experiences too.

((((Bit))))) just sending you
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #74
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Foxy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm a little distracted right now *sheepish look* and I owe y'all a post for sure! But I also have to go to the post office... maybe I can put that off a couple days.... I need to mail cards overseas and my local store doesn't have that kind of postage stamps; I actually have to brave the post office during December... yikes! Well, lol, actually, it's yikes and stand still, waiting in line for half an hour!

And that reminds me, postage to Canada.... ah google how I love thee! I'll have to post that in the card exchange thread if someone hasn't gotten there first.

So if y'all here in this thread would like to get on our Solstice Card list, PM me your addy! I have cards and I can afford stamps!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #75
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Am I bad? Oh yes, I am bad... didn't go to the post office, and didn't make it back in here either. Thanks for leaving the light on for me. :sheepish look:

Meditation techniques... I've tried so many---and failed so many. Sheesh. I am a DISMAL DISMAL failure at "emptying" my mind. I can hold a visualization for a while if it's complicated enough to be interesting, but contemplating nothing? SHEESH before you know it there'll be a laundry list of stuff to do scrolling through my head... or I'll be off on some fantasy or other.

Many years ago I learned what used to be called Silva Mind Control. It is a wholly benign magical system (shhhh! don't tell THEM, they think it's not magic!) that teaches guided meditations and strong visualizations, and everything is based on achieving specific brain wave patterns. Now two caveats--if you click the link, Jack Canfield will shout at you --you might wanna scroll down and turn his volume off--and the Method is Christian-based. I had forgotten about that because it didn't used to emphasize it, and also because I was a Christian when I was first introduced to it, so I wouldn't have noticed.

Anyhow, obligatory disclaimers aside, Silva Mind Control taught me relaxation techniques and creative visualization; I still use the countdown to get down to the Alpha Level and I still walk out of the base level onto a wooded path that leads to one of my sacred spaces. So when I absolutely cannot get calm and centered, I close my eyes, take three deep slow breaths, and start counting from ten to one very slowly with my breathing.

I've just re-read your post again Jenn, and it occurs to me that maybe I'm not answering your real question... is your question how do I meditate? Or is it how do I work? Because they aren't the same for me unless I'm desperate to get grounded. Normally, I get grounded either by pushing my energy down into the earth--and I may do that frequently during the course of any day--or by touching Gryph, because he and I ground each other naturally.

How I work is different. I send energy--in the same sort of way that I push my own energy around, lol--anyhow, I send energy into the Universe or to another person. If someone needs healing, comfort, love, I send it to them using the same "push" feeling or sometimes (if they're farther away) a "throw" feeling. If I'm praying, I send the energy to Goddess or God or to the Universe.

There are lots of other ways to work, but this is the way I work right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #76
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
Hail and Good Morning Fellow Planeteers!!!

JustLovelyJenn I like your question. I like and drumming and singing and journeying and meditating... preferably not all at the same time tho'.

Okay no semi seriously... I use the drum and other instruments to alter my conscious state for trance work or altered states work. I specifically like the drum for trance work as I find it quite easy to enter the state and stay in it. I also like the didjeridoo for trance work as well. The sound of it allows me the opportunity, much like the drum does, to drop into the Theta state and into the liminal state. The rattle is also, for me a very effective tool for trance work, especially if I am doing trance postures. I also use the rattle and drum in healing work. The vibrations help the body to release whatever is stuck on or in the body.
I have found drums in particular very useful for certain things as well. In particular in my grounding and centering. Several times a year, as a general practice, and more frequently as needed I try to spend some isolated time getting myself back to center. My favorite way to do this is by what I call trance dancing. With the use of either recorded drum music, or I have also done this IN a river... my feet planted I do a very fluid type of dancing. Moving from high to low, side to side, as if pulling from sky to ground, I am told by those who have seen me do it that it is very beautiful... This practice has become almost second nature to me over the years and is the most effective method I have found to help me keep my focus in life.

Quote:
I also enjoy guided meditations, I find that they allow me to access both the language and imagination parts of my brain. I also lead guided meditations which I love to do cause it is just as much a mystery to me where I am taking the room as it is to the room where they are going... <hmmm does that even make sense??>
Yes, this makes perfect sense.

Quote:
I have tried various times quiet meditation, but I have to admit that I can be lazy and let me mind wander. So, I use tools to get me to the places I want to go.

You mention in your post that are always in the same place but that things change. In journey work I use the same starting place, I refer to it as my anchor. From there I travel to what is commonly referred to as the three worlds, upper lower and middle. The three worlds is a common motif in shamanic practice. From my anchor then either spirit takes me to a particular place, or I have a specific task which requires me to go to a specific land to travel through.
That description really clicks with me and the process sounds similar. I have moved on from the beginning point in my dream in many way. Remaining myself and walking, transforming into a hawk and seeing things from a different view, and also from a third person perspective, as if I were watching myself and everything that happened to me without the ability to influence it.

Quote:
Anyway... I am about to get wwwaaayyy technical, far more than your question asked for and I am afraid I will show my colors. I would be most interested in hearing others experiences too.

((((Bit))))) just sending you
Please never stop just because its going to get technical. While I have been told that what I do is correct, often advanced, and reliably accurate... I lack much of the language and terms for how to talk about it. When I first started my exploration and journey to this path, a mentor gave me the book Teen Witch, by Silver Ravenwolf (I was 18 at the time). She has remained a dear friend, and one of my "mom"s to this day. She often set and discussed things with me as I learned and very early on she made a comment that I knew things I should not. It has always been that way. I often know how to do something, or what to do... but I do not know what it is called, or in some cases, how I am doing it. The second I have learned to figure out... the first, takes guidance or tremendous amounts of research to accomplish.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #77
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Welcome to Pagan, a thread to discuss all forms of Nature spirituality, the occult and paranormal, alternative spiritualities, psychic phenomena, Wicca, Shamanism, Animism, Eclecticism, and whatever else wanders through our minds.

Samhain has just passed, and Hallowtide--those three days of celebrating the Ancestors, both far removed and most recent--and now the Wheel of the Year turns forward. In Celtic culture this is the New Year, and what could be more appropriate than a new beginning at the start of a new year? Come in, sit down, get comfy--and let's talk.
I am an eclectic individual in all areas of my life including my spiritual belief system. Some may think that this means I have no conviction. However, I have come to see the value in each belief, each thought, and each action of each individual. Without the diversity, we are stagnant. Being stagnant equals nothingness (to me). I have built my own traditions, ceremonies, and life practices based on different established ones and ones I have grown within. My standard life practice is 'treat others as you want to be treated' (segway of all belief systems). I believe in the strength of my 'spirit' as my blueprint for this life and the connection to preceding and future lives of mine. I believe in the ability of 'self-healing'. In the same breath, I acknowlege the lack of humanity's ability (vast generalization) to embrace it, which renders it useless. My Vision (of my Healing ability and my Path with regard to it) was revealed to me for the first time during meditation in 1994. It has unfolded and continues to unfold each day since.

I have come to understand it doesn't matter what you perceive the Great One is God/gods, Goddess/goddesses, Great Spirit, Higher Power, Universal Power, etc... What is important is how is grows you a person, how it urges you to care about yourself and others, and whether or not these actions increase goodness or diminish it. I do not prescribe to my Great One vs your Great One but rather the combination of each equals Greatness. 'All for One and One for All' has taken on a whole new meaning!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #78
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Hi FriskyFemme, welcome to Pagan! Thank you for sharing your beliefs with us!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #79
Stoney

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch lesbian feminist Crone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Wicked Witch
Relationship Status:
happily content

Stoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST Reputation

DARK GODDESS
By Amanda A. Leonard

Black Candles ,Heavy Incense.
Black dress for a mourning rite.
Dark...
....So dark before Dawn.
The Bones of Many Snap Beneath my Feet
The sweet smoky essence of Death
Surrounds my head like an adorning crown.
Inhale deeply.....
Fragrance so alluringly pungent
it sickens me
I embrace it.
I am one with all .
I am both Creator and Destroyer
Beginning
End
Beginning again.
Like the circle
unending

I face my shadow, my dark reflection.
I absorb all the power it offers.
With acceptance,reverence,and anticipation ,
I allow the melding of spirits to transpire.
Dark and Powerful .
My immunity to false realities created
claiming hope for things achieved
at the end of this pointless game.
Lies and deception.
Vision is reality
my quest is mine alone.
My rules,
are the rules I myself have chosen.
My fears
Are only the fears I have decided to entertain
In this space of transition
The light and dark are neither.
Only what I may accept
that they may be.
For I will not limit my power.
Slavery
I will accept no ones rules but my own.
For the rules are mine alone.
For this is my game and
always has been since the
Beginning
The end
The Beginning
I AM DARK GODDESS

Just felt like sharing a little.....
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #80
Stoney

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch lesbian feminist Crone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Wicked Witch
Relationship Status:
happily content

Stoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST Reputation

I am A Witch
by Amanda Leonard

First of all I proudly claim my identity as a Witch with no hesitation.
It is who I am , one of the most powerful parts of who I am.
It is the Goddess in me.
It is the healer and the teacher,
It is the old wise womyn and the young beautiful maiden.
It is the nurturing Mother,
A protector and a fighter.
It is my vision, my quest, my path, and my purpose.
It is my highest fulfillment.
I am a Proud Witch.
Not only am I proud witch, but also a proud Womon, I am a proud, determined, strong
and passionate Lesbian Witch,
A womon who loves womyn.
A womon that appreciates the beauty she sees in all womyn,
Yes I am a fearless, in your face, loud, proud, lesbian witch In a man's world.
I am also a psychic , I have been since I was young.
I would have dreams of being a witch........ along ago in a far away place.
I could distantly recall the shelves in my cottage filled with herbal tinctures and majikal
concoctions
I could so easily imagine the sensation of the cool dirt floors on my feet
The aroma of lavendar and sage could send me into a day dream of my garden boxes
Of herbs, and the soaps, and salves I would make from them.
I could sense my closeness to all living things and I swear mother earth would call out
to me and I would often crave the feel of digging with bare hands deep into her cool
moist soil.
For reasons I couldnt explain my mind held information about majik and things which I
had never studied
I knew majikal chants from off the top of my head....
and I would hum tunes I knew well but couldnt recall why that was.
I sometimes before I would fall asleep for the night, the strangely familiar celtic
melodies of an ancient past would set the stage for a regression to a lifetime once
lived.

Yes I am a Womon, a Proud Witch and I have lived that life many times.
For reasons I am constantly reminded of, I have once again chosen this life as a
Womon,
a Witch,
a Healer,
a Teacher
a Mother and a Child,
a Sister and a Friend,
a Protector and a Spellcaster,
a Conjurer and a Hexer,
a Reader and a Psychic,
a Medium and a Channel,
an Energy mover and a Shapeshifter,
a Shaman and a Sage,
an Exorcist and a Creator
A Priestess and a Goddess.
It is My rite to claim this to be so.
It is my wish to use my power to the highest good of all.
It is my vow to harm none which are innocent.
It is My desire to excell in all aspects of Majik and the craft and to never end my
study of majik and manifestation.
It is my destiny to live and die in this life as a Witch
And maybe the next ... and the next.... and the next.....
I am a proud Witch.
My strength Lies within this fact.
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post: