Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #21
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonaderspeisung View Post
i understand where you are coming from but i'd like this swap to be more than an exchange
i'd like it to be about making connections
not best friends for life, soul mates or crazy stuff like that
but a real world human connection
maybe this is all naval gazing philosophy but it is why i volunteered to organize the swap

you put a lot of work into your last mix
i received a copy of your mix - it was great
i just played it again
the work you put in showed - cover art, song flow, the way certain instrumentation flowed from one track to another - really great
as i type this and your mix is playing i know a real human is reading this on the other side of the data bits hurling through space
a real human connection
i think that is lost on the larger swap groups full of mass thank you/ reps to anonymous screen names

id like this swap to be an opportunity to make more connections like that

i propose that the swap groups remain small and everyone is free to pm and make arrangements to swap with people they are not grouped
this will build personal investment in the swap and foster the human exchanges i'd like this swap to achieve

the swap list thus far:
● QueenofSmirks
● Gemme
● Ebon
● Logicaly
● tonaderspeisung
● Suebee
● Daywalker
● Diva
● rainintothesea
● ALovelyKiss
● Fancy
Just a thought on what I've highlighted above: the big advantage of a swap is that we don't HAVE TO make all those arrangements with each individual to exchange our cd's.
My girl came up with a suggestion tonight when I was discussing this with her: a small group for those who prefer that, and a larger group for those who would prefer that. It would be nice to hear from everyone as to their preference.

Sue
Old 01-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #22
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

the fact that we don't have to interact with each individual is really my whole point

i'd like swap 2 to be an opportunity to wave to your neighbor

the only extra arrangements necessary are a quick - hi, wanna trade too?
smaller groups just give everyone an opening to say hi to each other

the swap list thus far:
● QueenofSmirks
● Gemme
● Ebon
● Logicaly
● tonaderspeisung
● Suebee
● Daywalker
● Diva
● rainintothesea
● ALovelyKiss
● Fancy
● xxfemmexx
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #23
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Smaller groups ~ my attention span has a mind of it's own.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #24
xxfemmexx

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

xxfemmexx Has the BEST Reputationxxfemmexx Has the BEST Reputationxxfemmexx Has the BEST Reputationxxfemmexx Has the BEST Reputationxxfemmexx Has the BEST Reputationxxfemmexx Has the BEST Reputationxxfemmexx Has the BEST Reputationxxfemmexx Has the BEST Reputationxxfemmexx Has the BEST Reputationxxfemmexx Has the BEST Reputationxxfemmexx Has the BEST Reputation

I officially made my way over here to this thread I am in like I said on the other post. Just got done reading everything thats been said I understand the reason for small swap groups but I am also willing to do bigger ones or even 1 on 1's with anyone who wants more swaps.

xxfemmexx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxfemmexx For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #25
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

As the originator of the CDX I'll pipe in to say the reason for the small swap set originates is that fact that many people run into burn limits on their mix. If you use iTunes and get all your music from a source with DRM you'll find that you can only burn that mix so many times before you're forced to change the mix.

You're free to do what you want, but my recommendation is to keep it small.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #26
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

I prefer smaller groups. More than that, I prefer to follow what the coordinator would like to do, since this is a volunteer effort on the coordinator's part - a rather large effort, I might add. There were suggestions made for those who want to participate with larger groups, so it seems to me the question has been asked and answered more than once.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #27
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

2 days left to register mix swap 2

if you'd like to join the fun or share your opinions and swap ideas
there is no time like the present
i appreciate all the feedback

groups and further instructions will be announced on monday

the swap list thus far:
● QueenofSmirks
● Gemme
● Ebon
● Logicaly
● tonaderspeisung
● Suebee
● Daywalker
● Diva
● rainintothesea
● ALovelyKiss
● Fancy
● xxfemmexx
● desdansmoncoeur
The Following User Says Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #28
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
As the originator of the CDX I'll pipe in to say the reason for the small swap set originates is that fact that many people run into burn limits on their mix. If you use iTunes and get all your music from a source with DRM you'll find that you can only burn that mix so many times before you're forced to change the mix.

You're free to do what you want, but my recommendation is to keep it small.
This is an interesting point and one I wasn't aware of. Thanks for mentioning it! Although....couldn't they just change the order of the songs but leave them the same songs? This will be my first music exchange, so I may very well run into problems myself, and it's good to know what's generally feasible.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #29
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
This is an interesting point and one I wasn't aware of. Thanks for mentioning it! Although....couldn't they just change the order of the songs but leave them the same songs? This will be my first music exchange, so I may very well run into problems myself, and it's good to know what's generally feasible.
I'm unsure if that would work, actually. It's been a long time since it came up, but I think the music signature may negate that possibility. HOWEVER, which it *may* technically be possible there are more than a few people who consider their mix to be a work of personal expression and work diligently to ensure that each song flows perfectly into the next and the very idea of "just change the order" is heretic to them. But I digress.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #30
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

last call
swap 2 groups will be assigned tomorrow
The Following User Says Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #31
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Do we have a tally in regards to preference for group size?
Old 01-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #32
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

I guess I'll sit this one out. Have fun everyone!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #33
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

thank you everyone for your interest in mix swap 2
registration is now closed and the following swap groups have been randomly selected

group 1
Ebon
Daywalker
ALovelyKiss

group 2
tonaderspeisung
xxfemmexx
desdansmoncoeur

group 3
QueenofSmirks
Fancy
Logicaly

group 4
Diva
rainintothesea
Gemme

Randomized list generated Jan 24 2011 at 12:54:55

the mix mailing deadline is Friday February 18th 2011
specific mailing details will be provided via private message

go forth and create your masterpiece
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #34
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
group 1
Ebon
Daywalker
ALovelyKiss

group 2
tonaderspeisung
xxfemmexx
desdansmoncoeur

group 4
Diva
rainintothesea
Gemme

If any of the other group members would like a copy of my CD, please email me your name and shipping address to queenofsmirks@msn.com.

Looking forward to swapping! (wait, that sounded .... nevermind! *grin* )

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #35
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

how are the mixes coming along?

i attempted to tell the story of my favorite movie via track list but don't have a song that adequately portrays just how dark ben's intentions are towards little danny

so i'm starting over from scratch

remember mixes should be finished and mailed by the 18th
that's 9 more days
Old 02-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #36
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have a lot of music, but none of it is anything like hidden dark and deep from the depths of somewhere so I'm not sure what I have will be "new".

And I was trying to go with a theme/genre...

Needless to say I am still scratching my head a little LOL
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #37
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

are we gonna make the deadline?

all mixes should be mailed to the drop point by tomorrow

i just finished making all my covers
Old 02-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #38
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

The Pneumonia has me behind by a day.

But I will expedite said task thru quick delivery system.

No fancy labels, just another round metal Gift to make ya move

Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #39
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

I remembered tonight we used all our stamps for Christmas cards, so I made a 10pm stop at my bank atm where they, luckily, sell stamps!

I never, ever have cash so boi is breaking hys $10 at work tonight to give me $5 bill to include.

They will be dropped in the mail in the morning before it's collected

I'd go to the post office but it's located in a hectic hell-ish, uber busy place so I'll be sending it off from home in bubble-wrap cushioned mailers
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2011, 11:36 PM   #40
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:

Mine are burned, but I realized today I didn't have anything to ship them in! So, I'm going to try to drop the tomorrow!

The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post: