Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 12-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #41
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I knew we had the funeral museum here, but I"ve never been and would love to. Next time Pixie comes for a visit..I"m taking her there!!! LOL
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IrishGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #42
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I find death and funerals fascinating. Every culture has a different take on the rituals of buring the dead. Even in the military, they have their own set of rites. And the same goes for the religious like when the Pope died.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #43
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Ashes to ashes.

My last wishes. My organs will be donated and my body cremated. A small amount of my remains will be placed in a tiny bottle which apretty will have made into a charm to wear around her neck. From a helicopter the rest of my ashes will then be scattered by my lady over Heinz Field so that I can forever be linked with my team, the Steelers. The laws on spreading ashes varies from state to state. A permit may be required.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #44
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
My last wishes. My organs will be donated and my body cremated. A small amount of my remains will be placed in a tiny bottle which apretty will have made into a charm to wear around her neck. From a helicopter the rest of my ashes will then be scattered by my lady over Heinz Field so that I can forever be linked with my team, the Steelers. The laws on spreading ashes varies from state to state. A permit may be required.
I was responding to congratulate you on your excellent decision to donate your organs.

Then I started thinking how funny it would be for the helicopter to be surrounded by homeland security after being observed dumping white powder all over the stadium-lol. Yes, perhaps a permit would be best!
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #45
la_la

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Single/Dating

la_la is on a distinguished road
Default The mortuary thread

Did you know...

As part of your will/living will you will be asked if you want your body :
A. Buried
B. Cremated

I responded with C. Neither A or B appeal to me and I am awaiting a better option.

My lawyer was not amused and stated that I am voiding my will with this declaration as when the time came my body would lie in probate (years) until my true wishes were decided.

Lawyers have no sense of humor and no, I never changed it.

Peace
Old 12-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #46
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

La_La,

What about freezing your body?
Old 12-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #47
la_la

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Single/Dating

la_la is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
La_La,

What about freezing your body?
Hey Andrew,

Not an option on a standard will.

Peace
Old 12-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #48
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Oh, ok.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:31 PM   #49
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation
Default b\greatbook yest it is fiction

ok read the disclaimer...it is dark comedy...
" A Field guide to burying your parents "

It is comic fiction about the hawkes family who needs to do the unthinkable...and it travels along with them in this act..the ups the downs the downright outrageous....and unbeleivable...
author Liza Palmer

Ok just some food for thought....last wishes can not be in wills,,wills by the time they are found, probated, etc are usually long after the ummm decesed body has been disposed of.

Best thing to do if u want certain things doen is do prearrangement and sign the legal documentation entrusting a Power of Atty for the final wishes to someone u trust...(course it doent matter cause not like u will know)

I urge people to make their own arrangmentsnot to make sure u get what u want..but mainly to make it a little easier on the survivors. My father died very suddenly and not only did we have the shock of his loss to deal with,,,we had to in that shock,,pick out a coffin, a burial site, and all the stuff that goes with it. For years the only membry i had of my fathers funeral was the "casket shopping room" and my brother, mother and i looking at ourselves when the Funeral director mentioned that the one he was pointing to had 3 inches of padding in the mattress...we all looked at each other and could only nod ...thank goodness my uncle stepped in and said...lets look over here....and guided us to more appropriate areas of concern..and told the director we were not interested in hermeitclly sealed, fire resistant, rust resistant, mildew resistant....options.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #50
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Dean,

You are so right about your post. Make sure everything you want is written down, and you tell someone about it. And get it notorized. Just cover your ass because nobody else will. Trust me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #51
BornBronson
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently banned 7/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
Straight Butch Woman
Relationship Status:
Nice Tie

BornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dead like me

I have always had a deep fascination with human body decomposition.As a matter of fact right up until my late 30's I thought about donating my remains to one of those body farms.That are finding someone to claim them after my death and take the body home and sit 'me' in a chair out in the garage somewhere and watch me...rot.*snort*Now days I don't care what they do to my remains after i'm dead.

Like my mother once said.Bring me flowers NOW!,and not after i'm dead and buried.
BornBronson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornBronson For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2010, 12:45 AM   #52
FR

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
dead

FR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST Reputation

-- i have heard that even after u go -u still fart-imagine that! don't know how long. wonder if its like that if a tree falls in the forest thing?
FR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #53
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

As your body starts to decompose, the internal gases will build up, and then come out out the orafaces (sp?). It happens to all human beings, young and old alike.

Right now I am waiting for the toxicology report back on my friend's aunt who was murdered. It should be interesting. The cornoner said that even after the autopsy, the blood tests & tissue testing can take up to 3 months or more for the results to come back. Does anyone know anything about this kind of testing? I would love to know more.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #54
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Anything new here? I find this topic so fascinating.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #55
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_555556.html
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #56
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile BUMP de BUMP BUMP

Anything new?

Old 05-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #57
canadianmusician

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him/He/His
Relationship Status:
Poly & D/s

canadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
OK, so the people from the funeral home where we had my father's funeral called this week, they want me to buy a casket and plan my own funeral.

Not the call I was wanting...

I guess since Walmart now carries caskets, they are having to beat the bushes to find victims? clients? what would one call it?
Apocalipstic...I'm so sorry to hear that happened. That's really tacky and not professional. Did you report them to the local funeral directors assc? Embalmers and Directors are all licenced by provincial/state boards.

It's fine to advertise....I mean, a funeral home is a business and there are costs associated but I would NEVER call up the family of someone who's passed away asking them to buy a pre-plan. My fear is that it would retraumatize the family.

The best way to get business is to have reasonable costs, make sure the family gets what they want, and it's a profession where it's just a given that you'll go out of your way in some respects. It really upsets me that the funeral home called you and asked you to buy a pre-plan. They should have called to see how you were doing.
canadianmusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:12 AM   #58
canadianmusician

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him/He/His
Relationship Status:
Poly & D/s

canadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputation

I'm about to start a Foundations course so I can become an Embalmer & Funeral Directors apprentice. I've done quite a bit of research and spoken to other embalmers. The embalming process is so much more than I thought it was....some people find it gruesome. I find it fascinating....

Bu tmost of all, I want to make sure the family can see thier loved one the way they remembered them from when they were well, if possible. There's hours of reconstruction that can take lpace depending on cause of death.

If people want to donate thier body to science/frozen, they need to be embalmed to preserve the body because it begins to decompose almost immediately.

I've been considering donating my body to Body Worlds for plastination.
canadianmusician is offline   Reply With Quote