Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 01-12-2010, 05:03 AM   #1
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation
Default I am the Biggest Loser...Kinda.

I have many if not most of you on my facebook. Because of this, many if not most of you will already know what I am going through currently.

I am making a change in my life that has desperately needed to happen for a very long time.

I know a lot of people may wonder about why I am taking something of such a private nature to such a large and public audience.

I have a few reasons:
1) The more people that know, the more accountability I have.
2) If I can inspire just one person to join me in this life saving change, I will feel blessed and it will all be worth it.
3) I have tried and failed a million times, this time, it's real. I just wanted everyone to know *nod*

I hope I have piqued interest. As some of you may not know what the hell I am talking about. Let me spill.

I am 25 years old, and weighed 391 lbs on Tuesday of last week. (I haven't weighed for this week, so I don't know how I've done so far.) On Tuesday of last week, my weight creeping up toward 400lbs, I decided enough was e-fucking-nough and it was time to do something about it.

I have always been a big girl. Always been a lil self conscious about it. But, I could get dressed up, put on my make up and low cut shirt and feel sexy and wanted. All of that has changed. I can't feel pretty in this weight. Mostly, I feel disgusting and disgusted.

I will ALWAYS be chunky. I will ALWAYS have "extra lbs." I understand this, and actually like it. I like curves and soft spots and yummy yummy handles. I think people of all sizes are beautiful and amazing.

RIght now, however, I am unhealthy and unhappy.

So...I am changing. Not dieting....changing.

I am starting this thread in an attempt to not only gather support for myself, but more so that others undergoing the same changes might make themselves known so that I can be a support to them.

I have lots of resources.....I've been overweight my whole life....I can help...you can help me.

Let's join together so at the first BFP Reunion we can be comfortable in our own skin.....and happy that we are working toward being who we want to be physically and mentally

P.S.- I work the evening shift...and work out after work each day...so I don't get online until after midnight pacific time. Please, don't think that if I don't respond right away that it means that i'm not listening. Just give me time *wink*
canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:10 AM   #2
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Candace Louise........

I love and admire you and I will join you in this as I am the heaviest I have ever been at this moment. Like you: "E~FUCKING~NOUGH"!!!!!!!!!!

As cute as I am, there needs to be less of me, because it is now not about being cute and jolly and roly~poly, but about having my health compromised.

Count me in!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:23 AM   #3
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Candace Louise........

I love and admire you and I will join you in this as I am the heaviest I have ever been at this moment. Like you: "E~FUCKING~NOUGH"!!!!!!!!!!

As cute as I am, there needs to be less of me, because it is now not about being cute and jolly and roly~poly, but about having my health compromised.

Count me in!

YAY!!!

Let me tell you that my "The Biggest Loser Cookbook" Was the best gift I have ever recieved. YOU MUST invest in this.

It will also ask you to invest in a kitchen scale and a olive oil sprayer. Everything else can be made using the stuff that I Know already exists in the Licious One's kitchen *wink*

You can do this, sweetcakes.

Next thing you know there'll be less of us!!!!!

YAY!
canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:27 AM   #4
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by canmarielan View Post
YAY!!!

Let me tell you that my "The Biggest Loser Cookbook" Was the best gift I have ever recieved. YOU MUST invest in this.

It will also ask you to invest in a kitchen scale and a olive oil sprayer. Everything else can be made using the stuff that I Know already exists in the Licious One's kitchen *wink*

YAY!

At some point, I want to get a red wagon and fill it with fat ~ like Oprah did that time ~ just so I can be thoroughly disgusted over just how much fat I was carryin' around with me.....

I think I prefer "Sweet'n'LOWcakes", Splenda Louise!

Old 01-12-2010, 06:27 AM   #5
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,880 Times in 1,486 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Candace ! I'm sure you will do great , keep a positive attitude . We Love The Biggest loser show! We watch every Tues without fail. It's amazing what
these people can do. Are you going to use a trainer and what gym are you
going to ?
I would like to lose some and get healthy , too! I didnt know there was a biggest loser cookbook , need to check it out . I do have to say the recipes in the south beach cookbook are fabulous, And one of my all time favorites is The Love your Heart Cookbook (low Cholesterol). Maybe when us girl get together again we can do a 5 mile walk !
hugs
Doll
StillettoDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:49 AM   #6
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats and good luck! You certainly have my support. It is always a challenge to stay on the course to better things. If you feel like you're waivering come in here and we'll help you.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 06:52 AM   #7
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

I say every 5 lbs, we get spankin's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #8
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Candace...

I know how hard it is to make life changes. I woke up in August and decided that my love affair with sugar and carbs had to stop. As much as I love them... they are bad for me. With my family history and some health conditions I have, carb-free (or as close to that as possible) IS healthier for me.

The sugarfree "to-go" koolaid packs have been my lifesaver. I went from drinking a 12pk of soda per DAY to none. Zero. I don't really miss them (except when I want Jim Beam backed by my precious Sundrop)

As of this morning, the result has been a loss of 71lbs. Yep. Seventy one. Four clothes sizes and still dropping. The new "skinny jeans" I bought just two weeks ago are already too big. Its a great feeling even if the continual shopping is making the cheapo bastid in Jess have near fits.

Am I proud of me? Oh yeahhhhhh. Do I feel better? Its amazing. Am I running circles around Jess because I feel better? Uh huh.

Food is the only demon I think we have to "feed" everyday. I am an emotional eater. I love my mashed taters and gravy moreso than ice cream.

I think that to be successful with long term weight loss, you have to find what works for you. The way you lose the weight is the way you will have to eat for the rest of your life.

I know that you have all the necessary internal tools to do this. There are good support groups that are completely free (OA) that might be beneficial to you. You have your planet family here and I am sure we are all behind you 100%.

I heard a lil blurb on tv the other day that said that ppl who keep a food diary are far more successful at weight loss than those who don't. I know when I started tracking what I ate and the portion size (cause we all know that super size bag of cool ranch doritos MUST be the serving size), it was really an eye opener for me.

Best of luck to you!

Christie
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 07:51 AM   #9
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I work well with the reward system! I'm sure you two will have a line of willing "motivators" LOLOLOL
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #10
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Are the recipes in The Biggest Loser Cookbook primarily fish and chicken?

Dylan
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #11
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Best of luck to you miss candace! This site has shown to be incredibly supportive! Perhaps the "do you work out zone" might also be of interest.

I have gained quite a bit of weight myself and the process for me to lose it is much harder than it used to be. I have to take my steps in very small increments when exercising due to compromised resp issues. Every day I can do at least a full minute on the elliptical is a small victory!

We got yer back girl!!!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #12
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
I work well with the reward system! I'm sure you two will have a line of willing "motivators" LOLOLOL
Yes, yes you do!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #13
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats on the desision to get healthy,its the best way to look at weight loss.I have been on so many diets I know I had to set some kind of record.What did it for me was after haveing an aciedent wich injured my back and left knee I was siting arroud following dr.s orders to rest for a while I gained weight like a mad hatter.I have always been a bit chunky and at time plain fat,but never anything I couldnt get rid of..till now.I steped on the scale and it said 280,I thought I was going to puke!The doc wouldnt put me on pt.said it wasnt good for me at this time,im pig headed so I went out to garage sales and haunted the goodwill store till I got me a good setup of exersise equipment.This was march of last year,so far I have lost 47 pounds.I got rid of lots of things I use to eat and changed how I cooked the foods I like.I haved had some ups and downs cause of my back or shoulder poping out so I have to rest for a week or so..but I get back to the work outs asap or just do what I can do anyway.
I know u can do this ..if I can anyone can.The hardes thing for me is I also quit the smokies three months ago..and I am a fryed chicken lover from way back.Did I say they built a new churches chicken place not far from home.
Rockin
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #14
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I am 25 years old, and weighed 391 lbs on Tuesday of last week. (I haven't weighed for this week, so I don't know how I've done so far.) On Tuesday of last week, my weight creeping up toward 400lbs, I decided enough was e-fucking-nough and it was time to do something about it.
We, you and I, have talked about being big and feeling pretty. You've been a role model for me in that whether you know it or not. The way you carry yourself with grace and style has always given me strength.

I am also working on the weight issue so count me in. I would like to not feel so out of breath any more.

My best friend (you met her...Cai) has just started doing Jenny Craig and Curves. She lost nearly 10 lbs in the first week. I'm going to take a page from her book. I can't afford to do those two things, but I can eat better and exercise more.

I'm going to dig my hoop out and start moving at least 30 minutes a day.

Love you. I know you can do anything you set your mind to!
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #15
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

*perk*
Steppin up to fill that job

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #16
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Hey hun you have my support also.

Anyway i can help let me know.

I haven't struggled with weight but I do struggle with food and eating a certain way and for health reasons i do need to eat a certain way or my body responds negatively. Despite that it is still a struggle to make to right choices.

A lot of it involves planning ahead. Knowing what i'm going to eat when and having options so if I don't feel like eating one thing i have a healthy back up and don't say f@#$ it and just eat what I want.

Also eating out was a struggle at first. I often tried to avoid it or would just not eat with other people which wasn't always a good alternative.

I've learned

1) it is okay to ask to have food prepared the way I want it
2) it is okay to send food back.
3) if I say i need it this way for health reasons people tend to understand that.
4) learn what are the general foods okay to eat and a sit down restaurant.
i know what to look for on a menu, I have safe foods.
5) as much as fast food is frowned upon unfortunately there are times and places that it is what is there, again learn what your options are. A lot of chains have their menus online and broken down so study them. If i wait til i go into a place it is easy just to get whatever if i feel the pressure to order immediately. If i already know I can eat item 1, 2, or 3 then it isn't so bad.

I don't really cook by recipes and well my food plan is different then what most dieticians recommend but I have learned to improvise recipes and am always happy to give suggestions if there is some food you crave and want to have a healthy alternative.

big hugs to you on become healthy!
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #17
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Much and support for you, Candace! Come on up to Seattle if you ever want a break from the norm.

*hugs*

cara
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #18
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I have always been a big girl. Always been a lil self conscious about it. But, I could get dressed up, put on my make up and low cut shirt and feel sexy and wanted. All of that has changed. I can't feel pretty in this weight. Mostly, I feel disgusting and disgusted.
i'd encourage you to make peace with your size, right now--this second--the weight may come and go, but your body deserves (demands!) to be loved and honored at ANY size. love the size she is, each inch of her--thank her and praise her for embodying all that is you. no really, write your belly a love letter and tell her how she is beautiful--if you don't already have a lover that cherishes your body, get one.

in this process, i'd also encourage you to gift your self (and your body) with many 1+ hour massages--i wonder what your body *carries* for you, in terms of past hurt and a good place to discover that is with massage. (we hold on to pain in our bodies, and your wanting to reduce your size would mean, for me, examining what it is that you'll be allowing yourself to let go of)

apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #19
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
YAY!!!

YAY!
I've looked at that book and was wondering if it was as good as I thought it was. Thanks for the verification!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
Hi Candace ! I'm sure you will do great , keep a positive attitude . We Love The Biggest loser show! We watch every Tues without fail. It's amazing what
these people can do. Are you going to use a trainer and what gym are you
going to ?
I would like to lose some and get healthy , too! I didnt know there was a biggest loser cookbook , need to check it out . I do have to say the recipes in the south beach cookbook are fabulous, And one of my all time favorites is The Love your Heart Cookbook (low Cholesterol). Maybe when us girl get together again we can do a 5 mile walk !
hugs
Doll
The Biggest Loser is a growing conglomerate (sp?). They have multiple books (Biggest Loser Cookbook, Biggest Loser Exchange book, etc) as well as a 16 month calendar that has pics of past contestants each month for inspiration and a tip each and EVERY single day. The calendar I have come back to again and again even though I'm not the wall calendar type. Also, Jillian is pimping a series of weight loss supplements.

Quote:

You would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post

Candace...

I know how hard it is to make life changes. I woke up in August and decided that my love affair with sugar and carbs had to stop. As much as I love them... they are bad for me. With my family history and some health conditions I have, carb-free (or as close to that as possible) IS healthier for me.

The sugarfree "to-go" koolaid packs have been my lifesaver. I went from drinking a 12pk of soda per DAY to none. Zero. I don't really miss them (except when I want Jim Beam backed by my precious Sundrop)

As of this morning, the result has been a loss of 71lbs. Yep. Seventy one. Four clothes sizes and still dropping. The new "skinny jeans" I bought just two weeks ago are already too big. Its a great feeling even if the continual shopping is making the cheapo bastid in Jess have near fits.

Am I proud of me? Oh yeahhhhhh. Do I feel better? Its amazing. Am I running circles around Jess because I feel better? Uh huh.

Food is the only demon I think we have to "feed" everyday. I am an emotional eater. I love my mashed taters and gravy moreso than ice cream.

I think that to be successful with long term weight loss, you have to find what works for you. The way you lose the weight is the way you will have to eat for the rest of your life.

I know that you have all the necessary internal tools to do this. There are good support groups that are completely free (OA) that might be beneficial to you. You have your planet family here and I am sure we are all behind you 100%.

I heard a lil blurb on tv the other day that said that ppl who keep a food diary are far more successful at weight loss than those who don't. I know when I started tracking what I ate and the portion size (cause we all know that super size bag of cool ranch doritos MUST be the serving size), it was really an eye opener for me.

Best of luck to you!

Christie
Okay, first thing....congrats on getting healthier!!! You've lost what amounts to a small child!

Two, until you are a weight and size you are comfortable with, shop at thrift stores. That way your honey won't have a heart attack and you won't have any issues with discarding them as your progress.

Three, I love the generic Crystal Light singles! The white grape is my absolute fave!

Four, food diaries/journals are fantastic! As you mentioned, they are real eye openers. Unfortunately, I closed them back again.

This thread comes at a timely moment for me (and not just because it's Resolution Time either).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
Much and support for you, Candace! Come on up to Seattle if you ever want a break from the norm.

*hugs*

cara

Ditto.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #20
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Prime Lesbian Femme Feminist Submissive Amazon Dyke Riot Grrl... :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

LieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant future

You go Grrl

2009 was the 2nd worse year of my life... my Mum passed at 91 and 4 days before her passing my G/f of 5+ years said her life was taking another path... in a 3 min phone call.

I met someone a couple of months later and we seriously clicked after many long hours on the phone and spent the holidays together, so to speak... Christmas day she told me I was too fat to f*ck but we could be friends. We talked about my concerns / body issues before hand and it was all good... HA!

I have already lost 125lbs using the GI system and was feeling good... her loss, my motivation to keep going.

Happy to send along info re GI (Glycemic Index) to anyone who would like the info, they are in MS Word format, a lil large but hotmail and gmail should be ok.

LieslKate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LieslKate For This Useful Post: