Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 01-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #21
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieslKate View Post
You go Grrl

2009 was the 2nd worse year of my life... my Mum passed at 91 and 4 days before her passing my G/f of 5+ years said her life was taking another path... in a 3 min phone call.

I met someone a couple of months later and we seriously clicked after many long hours on the phone and spent the holidays together, so to speak... Christmas day she told me I was too fat to f*ck but we could be friends. We talked about my concerns / body issues before hand and it was all good... HA!

I have already lost 125lbs using the GI system and was feeling good... her loss, my motivation to keep going.

Happy to send along info re GI (Glycemic Index) to anyone who would like the info, they are in MS Word format, a lil large but hotmail and gmail should be ok.

she told you WHAT?

whothefuckdoesshethinsheis? i sincerely hope you told her she was too stupid to fuck because she sounds pretty pathetic to me. obviously she's got some hang ups that have nothing to do with you and everything to do with her ego and the inability to think well of herself unless she's putting someone else down.

good riddance to bad rubbish babydoll!

hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #22
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up this thread kicks some well rounded ass!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Candace Louise........

I love and admire you and I will join you in this as I am the heaviest I have ever been at this moment. Like you: "E~FUCKING~NOUGH"!!!!!!!!!!

As cute as I am, there needs to be less of me, because it is now not about being cute and jolly and roly~poly, but about having my health compromised.

Count me in!

count me in as well. i'm happy with who i am every single day of the week but i'd be happy to continue the weight loss path i've been on.

my biggest issue right now is that i've been pretty blue recently so i stop eating almost completely and end up smoking more. that's easily as unhealthy as abusing food. i also dont work out when i'm sad, even though it would help put me in a better mood.

it's not motivation to eat less and exercise i need help with but the motivation to kick my own butt and stop moping around doing nothing that i lack!

pooh

hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:14 PM   #23
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Happy to send along info re GI (Glycemic Index) to anyone who would like the info, they are in MS Word format, a lil large but hotmail and gmail should be ok.

Minor derail...... There is a free service for sending up to 100mb files.

YouSendit

Last edited by OS Butch; 01-12-2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: typo
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #24
Stronghealer

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Stronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST Reputation
Default hi pretty girl

I wish you much luck and success-I am here if you ever need to talk.
Stronghealer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stronghealer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #25
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Candace, and all of the others that have joined in....count me in! I have gained 30 pounds this year alone because of a bad relationship, and I am bound determined to lose it before summer!

I worked out tonight, but have to take it easy because of a back spasm. It felt good to sweat! I had a party Saturday night, and nobody wanted to take the sweets home, so I put cupcakes and cookies down the disposal so I would not be tempted to eat them. That did make me sad inside for a minute.

I don't know what I weigh right now, but will get on the scale at work tomorrow and start keeping track.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #26
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

My Family,

I am so sorry that I haven't responded. Just life took over yesterday. I got suspended from work and bla bla....but I PROMISE I'll be back tonight to respond..You guys are so amazing. Thank you for being so supportive. I can't wait to get to know each of your stories and help you out as much as I can.

Please don't think I'm not paying attn, I am

I love you all,
Candy-ass!!
canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to canmarielan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #27
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Candace you can do it the first step you've taken.
I too am joining with you, EfuckingEnough
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #28
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Im throwin mah big azz into the battle as well.

Jewel
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #29
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Im not sure how to go about it, but maybe we could have online support meetings in one of the chat rooms at specific times and maybe discuss different challenges, strategies etc?? I would be willing to organize it and run it.

Jewel
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #30
lillith

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, hey you!

lillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputation

*waiting for the end of the train to add my kaboos to it* At my heaviest, I was 240 and then went down to 190 and have settled into about 210. I am totally on board with this. The hardest part for me is going to the gym alone (I have a slight form of agrophobia). It seems easier to have a plan with a friend.

now how can you ignore a dancing pink elephant?

and how i so wish it would rain here.
lillith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #31
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

If you guys want to set up a private chat on certain nights for this discussion, let me know and I will do what I can to help
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #32
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Support Group Chatroom

I spoke with Medusa and we are going to be opening up a chatroom to support those of us who are on the weight loss journey. Details to follow on this thread. If anyone has any questions or ideas please PM me.

Warmly,
Jewel
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 10:10 PM   #33
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

quietly comes in
I need to be here
but so not a group joiner
so I might just skulk around
just posting is major

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 10:32 PM   #34
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Amy...congrats on taking your first step

Warmly
Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
quietly comes in
I need to be here
just posting is major
Old 01-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #35
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
At some point, I want to get a red wagon and fill it with fat ~ like Oprah did that time ~ just so I can be thoroughly disgusted over just how much fat I was carryin' around with me.....

I think I prefer "Sweet'n'LOWcakes", Splenda Louise!

My Licious....You can be any kinna cake you want...long as you aren't eating it *wink*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
Hi Candace ! I'm sure you will do great , keep a positive attitude . We Love The Biggest loser show! We watch every Tues without fail. It's amazing what
these people can do. Are you going to use a trainer and what gym are you
going to ?
I would like to lose some and get healthy , too! I didnt know there was a biggest loser cookbook , need to check it out . I do have to say the recipes in the south beach cookbook are fabulous, And one of my all time favorites is The Love your Heart Cookbook (low Cholesterol). Maybe when us girl get together again we can do a 5 mile walk !
hugs
Doll
Doll, Thanks so much for responding. I REALLY like the idea of walking together. I have to say...5 miles would NOT be doable for me RIGHT NOW...but I'm getting there my love!!

I just purchased the 30 day jump start from the biggest loser series...it's amazing!!!!!!

I am not going to use a gym right now. I want to get past that first few weeks where you wanna pass out, throw up and die every time to work out. So, I'm using the gym here at my apt complex for a month or so!

Quote:
I say every 5 lbs, we get spankin's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm....you would.

Whore.

*giggle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post

Candace...

I know how hard it is to make life changes. I woke up in August and decided that my love affair with sugar and carbs had to stop. As much as I love them... they are bad for me. With my family history and some health conditions I have, carb-free (or as close to that as possible) IS healthier for me.

The sugarfree "to-go" koolaid packs have been my lifesaver. I went from drinking a 12pk of soda per DAY to none. Zero. I don't really miss them (except when I want Jim Beam backed by my precious Sundrop)

I find Crystal light much more amazing and yummy than soda....I've given up on sodas as well. 1 week now. Though, I am having caffeine headaches...I'm working through that slowly with excedrin!

As of this morning, the result has been a loss of 71lbs. Yep. Seventy one. Four clothes sizes and still dropping. The new "skinny jeans" I bought just two weeks ago are already too big. Its a great feeling even if the continual shopping is making the cheapo bastid in Jess have near fits.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I proud of me? Oh yeahhhhhh. Do I feel better? Its amazing. Am I running circles around Jess because I feel better? Uh huh.

Food is the only demon I think we have to "feed" everyday. I am an emotional eater. I love my mashed taters and gravy moreso than ice cream.

I think that to be successful with long term weight loss, you have to find what works for you. The way you lose the weight is the way you will have to eat for the rest of your life.

I know that you have all the necessary internal tools to do this. There are good support groups that are completely free (OA) that might be beneficial to you. You have your planet family here and I am sure we are all behind you 100%.

I heard a lil blurb on tv the other day that said that ppl who keep a food diary are far more successful at weight loss than those who don't. I know when I started tracking what I ate and the portion size (cause we all know that super size bag of cool ranch doritos MUST be the serving size), it was really an eye opener for me.

please see my journal on livejournal called oh_my_diet

Best of luck to you!

Christie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Are the recipes in The Biggest Loser Cookbook primarily fish and chicken?

Dylan
Pookie...WELCOME!!!! They have recipes of all kinds. Ground Turkey, Lean Hamburger meat, Ground chicken. Chicken Breast, Turkey breast.....But, yes, Chicken makes up a lot of the recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
We, you and I, have talked about being big and feeling pretty. You've been a role model for me in that whether you know it or not. The way you carry yourself with grace and style has always given me strength.

You made me cry a lil you skank.
I am also working on the weight issue so count me in. I would like to not feel so out of breath any more.

YAY!! Arwen!!!

My best friend (you met her...Cai) has just started doing Jenny Craig and Curves. She lost nearly 10 lbs in the first week. I'm going to take a page from her book. I can't afford to do those two things, but I can eat better and exercise more.

We don't need no stinky Jenny Craig expense. We have OUR GROUP RIGHT HERE!!!!!!

I'm going to dig my hoop out and start moving at least 30 minutes a day.

Love you. I know you can do anything you set your mind to!
I LOVE YOU ARWEN!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
i'd encourage you to make peace with your size, right now--this second--the weight may come and go, but your body deserves (demands!) to be loved and honored at ANY size. love the size she is, each inch of her--thank her and praise her for embodying all that is you. no really, write your belly a love letter and tell her how she is beautiful--if you don't already have a lover that cherishes your body, get one.

My girlfriend is amazing. I must politely disagree with you my darling. While I love my soul, my character, my inner being with all that I have. I CANNOT love this body. It is NOT me...it it what I have unhappily allowed it to become. I have sat on the couch and abused my body, adding years and years to my life while I crammed junk into my mouth. My body in this size is abused, neglected and overweight. I do not give the weight respect, or love.

in this process, i'd also encourage you to gift your self (and your body) with many 1+ hour massages--i wonder what your body *carries* for you, in terms of past hurt and a good place to discover that is with massage. (we hold on to pain in our bodies, and your wanting to reduce your size would mean, for me, examining what it is that you'll be allowing yourself to let go of)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I've looked at that book and was wondering if it was as good as I thought it was. Thanks for the verification!

There are LOTS Of books (see below quote) As I just mentioned, I just purchased the 30 day jumpstart. I will let y'all know how goes it.

The Biggest Loser is a growing conglomerate (sp?). They have multiple books (Biggest Loser Cookbook, Biggest Loser Exchange book, etc) as well as a 16 month calendar that has pics of past contestants each month for inspiration and a tip each and EVERY single day. The calendar I have come back to again and again even though I'm not the wall calendar type. Also, Jillian is pimping a series of weight loss supplements.

Jillian is hot. No...reallly....she could yell at me anyday.

You would.

Okay, first thing....congrats on getting healthier!!! You've lost what amounts to a small child!

Two, until you are a weight and size you are comfortable with, shop at thrift stores. That way your honey won't have a heart attack and you won't have any issues with discarding them as your progress.

Three, I love the generic Crystal Light singles! The white grape is my absolute fave!

Four, food diaries/journals are fantastic! As you mentioned, they are real eye openers. Unfortunately, I closed them back again.

This thread comes at a timely moment for me (and not just because it's Resolution Time either).

YAY!!! Welcome, love.

Ditto.
Quote:
You go Grrl

2009 was the 2nd worse year of my life... my Mum passed at 91 and 4 days before her passing my G/f of 5+ years said her life was taking another path... in a 3 min phone call.

I met someone a couple of months later and we seriously clicked after many long hours on the phone and spent the holidays together, so to speak... Christmas day she told me I was too fat to f*ck but we could be friends. We talked about my concerns / body issues before hand and it was all good... HA!

Fuck that shit.
I have already lost 125lbs using the GI system and was feeling good... her loss, my motivation to keep going.

Thanks for the access to more resources. I prefer low cal myself....But...everyone must find what works for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl View Post
count me in as well. i'm happy with who i am every single day of the week but i'd be happy to continue the weight loss path i've been on.

my biggest issue right now is that i've been pretty blue recently so i stop eating almost completely and end up smoking more. that's easily as unhealthy as abusing food. i also dont work out when i'm sad, even though it would help put me in a better mood.

it's not motivation to eat less and exercise i need help with but the motivation to kick my own butt and stop moping around doing nothing that i lack!

pooh

Welcome, sister. I do hope we can become the fire under your ass. *smiles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
Candace, and all of the others that have joined in....count me in! I have gained 30 pounds this year alone because of a bad relationship, and I am bound determined to lose it before summer!

I worked out tonight, but have to take it easy because of a back spasm. It felt good to sweat! I had a party Saturday night, and nobody wanted to take the sweets home, so I put cupcakes and cookies down the disposal so I would not be tempted to eat them. That did make me sad inside for a minute.
HOLY SHIT!!! That must have been difficult!!! I love you!!! I threw 2 donuts out the car window last night. LOL.....I couldn't stand the fact that I had bought them. I don't know what I was thinking. So, I threw them out!!!
I don't know what I weigh right now, but will get on the scale at work tomorrow and start keeping track.

Welcome, Bubba. I am so happy you're doing this with me!!!!! I love yoU!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
Candace you can do it the first step you've taken.
I too am joining with you, EfuckingEnough
Amen, sister. E-Fucking-Nough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jewel View Post
Im throwin mah big azz into the battle as well.

Jewel
WHOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jewel View Post
Im not sure how to go about it, but maybe we could have online support meetings in one of the chat rooms at specific times and maybe discuss different challenges, strategies etc?? I would be willing to organize it and run it.

Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
If you guys want to set up a private chat on certain nights for this discussion, let me know and I will do what I can to help
YAY exciting.....Keep me posted, please....on the progress of the chat room. Unfortunately I work the evening shift so will most likely miss most of these chats...I'd still like to be as involved as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillith View Post
*waiting for the end of the train to add my kaboos to it* At my heaviest, I was 240 and then went down to 190 and have settled into about 210. I am totally on board with this. The hardest part for me is going to the gym alone (I have a slight form of agrophobia). It seems easier to have a plan with a friend.
*smiles* Welcome, darling. Where do you live? I bet we have some family there who can join with you *wink* OR I would be more than happy to talk to you on the phone sometimes while you work out. We can work out together long distance??[COLOR="magenta"

Quote:
quietly comes in
I need to be here
just posting is major
Welcome, my dear. No pressure or expectations here. You take your time. I will be your support whatever decisions you make *wink*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canmarielan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #36
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Well, my family. Welcome to our journey together.

Alas, I have a admission to make. Last night I cheated. I had 2 donuts (threw the other 2 out the car window hahaha) I can't believe I did that. I was over at my sis in laws house and as I was driving home I passed a donut shop that I used to live by and frequent. I beat myself up walking in...but didn't stop myself from buying them. I nearly vomited after the 2nd. They were small donuts...but still added up to 620 cal and 20g fat. BLAH!!!

However, I will not let this momentary backslide take away my peace. I made a mistake. I WILL NOT QUIT OR FAIL. I forgive myself for my mistake and swear to myself I will not allow it to happen again. (I am not naive enough to believe I won't mess up again, I just promise not to stop at that donut place again)

Family, we can do this.

Let me brief you guys on what I AM doing. What works for me...what has take off 6lbs in the last week.

The biggest loser series has been a major part of my life this last week. I take the time...cook...it feels good to use such fresh and healthy ingredients. To spend time on my feet cooking rather than ont he couch eating fast food. *smiles* I am keep close track of my calories and total fat intake. Many people focus on saturated fat....sodium, carbs....you do what works for you!!!!

I have to say I saw a taco bell comercial on the tv earlier and nearly threw up. blegh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to begin my gym sessions tonight. I will do 5 days a week for an hour a day.

2days-30min cardio 30min arms
2days 30 min cardio 30 min legs
1days 1hr cardio.

What are all of you doing? What can I help with?

Please....make yourself a live journal. As many have stated, journaling really helps ya take a look at what your doing. I encourage you all to do so. You can also either keep it private, only for your eyes...or add me to your livejournal......this way I can comment, give support, and maybe some advice *wink* my online journal is.....

http://oh-my-diet.livejournal.com/

I congratulate you all for doing this.

I congratulate myself for sticking with this.

You should all feel so proud for making the commitment, the first step!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to canmarielan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 11:40 PM   #37
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

The addiction to food sux and being a STRESS eater doesn't help, so i'm looking to replace the food with writing. Any suggestions for Stress eating?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 11:53 PM   #38
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
quietly comes in
I need to be here
just posting is major
No worries, ami. I'm not a big LJ or online support group type person either. We'll take what we can and do the best we can for ourselves and one another.

Big hugs!

Quote:
The addiction to food sux and being a STRESS eater doesn't help, so i'm looking to replace the food with writing. Any suggestions for Stress eating?
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here. What kind of suggestions are you looking for? More along the lines of pushing for the writing or eliminating the stress eating or both?

I'm feeling a little right now.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #39
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
No worries, ami. I'm not a big LJ or online support group type person either. We'll take what we can and do the best we can for ourselves and one another.

Big hugs!

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here. What kind of suggestions are you looking for? More along the lines of pushing for the writing or eliminating the stress eating or both?

I'm feeling a little right now.
lol i'm and wee tired. Stress eating looking, to replace it. writing isn't working
The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #40
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
lol i'm and wee tired. Stress eating looking, to replace it. writing isn't working
Ahhhh, I see said the blind girl.

Well, I'm a semi-professional emotional over/eater, so I definitely have experience with this. Some of the things that have actually worked for me, whether good or bad, are:

Appetite suppressants (Not that I am recommending these...in fact, I'd like to accomplish my goals without them, but the last time I lost a good chunk of weight I used them RESPONSIBLY to jump start my weight loss and help me relearn proper portion sizes). I stopped using them once I got the hang of things.

As silly as it sounds, the ole rubber band around the wrist thing. I snapped myself silly a few times and it didn't always work, but the times that it did, I was grateful.

Make SURE to have healthier treats with you that will satisfy your sweet tooth (or whatever your comfort is) so that, even if you do overeat, it will do less damage. For example, I love Granny Smith apples with caramel sauce. I get a lighter sauce and when I want something sweet (my downfall), I start there.

Journal. You didn't mention what kind of writing so I don't know if you meant journaling your feelings about WHY you felt the urge to eat then and there and trying to work through it that way or if you meant writing stories or the like. Seeing the reasons behind the need help me sometimes.

Food diary. When I do it (which hasn't been lately, unfortunately), it works. As I eat, I log stuff in. Seeing that list grow longer and longer is a deterent sometimes. It's a form of shaming for me, but a healthier shaming, if there is such a thing. I KNOW that cramming that cake or bag of candy down my throat isn't going to solve anything and I KNOW I don't need it or (most of the time) even WANT it, but I DO it nonetheless. Seeing that tally kind of helps jolt me back into reality instead of the food zone where I cram, cram, cram.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 01-14-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: