SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Journey of Souls by Michael Newton

Old 09-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #302
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Just finished a wonderful book:

The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer

This is an epic novel (in size - 600 pgs - and scope) about Hungarian Jews in the 1930s and into WWII. It focuses on the middle son of a working class Jewish Hungarian family, Andras Levi, who gets a scholarship in 1937 to go to Paris and study architecture. While in Paris he meets the beautiful and older Claire Morgenstern, and from there the book becomes an amazing love story and then a difficult tragedy as the Germans close in first on Paris and then Hungary. The writing is beautiful and the book holds you, even though it is long. Highly recommended.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #303
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Although I've read most of her other work, I have finally begun Anne Rice's erotica/bdsm, penned as A.N. Roquelaure. To start off, I am reading, The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty. Um ...
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #304
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Finishing up Patricia Cornwell's latest Scarpetta mystery, The Scarpetta Factor. It's the 17th book in the series. Maybe around book 12 the story began to fall and the books became more disappointing. However, the book right before this one, Scarpetta, was once again excellent, as has been this one. I think she has another one coming out the beginning of November, which I'll definitely pick up as well.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #305
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

"The Well Of Lonliness" by Radclyffe Hall
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #306
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

In a re-read mode...

This Side of Paradise, Pope Joan and In Cold Blood. But also a junkie contemporary crime novel (Scarpetta Factor).

Very weird combination... who knows!

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #307
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I am currently reading Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson.

She is a friend of mine and was doing a book tour, and happened to be stopping here, so I went, had her sign a book and figured what the heck, might as well read it. Turns out shes pretty good.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #308
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,636 Times in 2,287 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default A.Miller

continuing with Alice Miller's

"Breaking Down the Wall of Silence
The Liberating Experience of Facing
Painful Truth"

and an older one, "El Alquimista"
by Paulo Coelho

and still "walking" with Merton's
Vol 3 of his "...Solitude Journal..."

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #309
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Listened to interview with this author today. The book sounds fascinating.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=129827444
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #310
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Hell to Pay by Simon R Green
and Bone Key a Supernatural book
Just finished Sleeping Beauty by Mercedes Lackey

Highly recommend them all.
wolfbittenpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolfbittenpoet For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #311
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Trying to squeeze as much pleasure reading as I can in before classes start next Monday. So I'm trying to finish up:

Nonsense on Stilts: How to Tell Science from Bunk -- Massimo Pigliucci
American Taliban: How War, Sex, Sin and Power Bind Jihadists and the Radical Right -- Markos Moulitsas

And purely for fun:

The Heart of Valor -- Tanya Huff

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #312
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
Trying to squeeze as much pleasure reading as I can in before classes start next Monday. So I'm trying to finish up:

Nonsense on Stilts: How to Tell Science from Bunk -- Massimo Pigliucci
American Taliban: How War, Sex, Sin and Power Bind Jihadists and the Radical Right -- Markos Moulitsas

And purely for fun:

The Heart of Valor -- Tanya Huff
The American Taliban is intriguing. I am so confused as to whom exactly the "Radical Right" are anymore as I see more and more people spewing that rhetoric now that do not fit what the old "image" of radical right was. I wonder if this can be downloaded? I have a terrible time anymore reading written word for more than a few minutes at a time, so I tend to do audio books.

Do you ever just read anything really naughty like " Natl Enquirer"? LOL
Old 09-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #313
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Only do the National Enquirer while in line at grocery pretending not to be annoyed by the little old lady with 30 items in the 10 items or less lane. I always wondered what happened to big foot's baby.
wolfbittenpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfbittenpoet For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #314
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

so, I read an article by Markos Moulitsas in Huff Post regarding his American Taliban book. From the snippets/ synopsis he gave it sounds like he is totally up my alley in looking at the bigger picture.

I still haven't found it downloadable yet, though I haven't given up.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to dreadgeek for the title.

Here's the article if anyone is interested:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/markos..._b_693281.html
Old 09-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #315
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

Transgender Voices: Beyond Women and Men by Lori B. Girshick and Jamison Green

The Control Book by Peter Masters

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #316
SimpleAlaskanBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Bisexual trans guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Daddy to a sweet daisy.

Thanked 1,010 Times in 295 Posts
SimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default an old favorite

Lullaby, by Chuck Palahniuk.
Also, just finished The Things They Carried, by Tim O' Brien
& am starting 1973: Nervous Breakdown: Watergate, Warhol, and The Birth of Post-Sixties America by Andreas Killen.

~SAB

<-----Pocky Jedi

"There's only one rule I know of babies-G-d damn it, you've got to be kind."
-Kurt Vonnegut (G-d Bless You, Mr. Rosewater)
SimpleAlaskanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpleAlaskanBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #317
blue33

How Do You Identify?:
soft butch
Relationship Status:
single

blue33 Has the BEST Reputationblue33 Has the BEST Reputationblue33 Has the BEST Reputationblue33 Has the BEST Reputationblue33 Has the BEST Reputationblue33 Has the BEST Reputationblue33 Has the BEST Reputationblue33 Has the BEST Reputationblue33 Has the BEST Reputationblue33 Has the BEST Reputationblue33 Has the BEST Reputation

am starting the Dan Brown series again the davinci code, angels & demons & the lost symbol Wicked reads!
blue33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blue33 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #318
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Philosophy in the Present - Alain Badiou and Slavoj Zizek

I was buying some books for class today, saw it and immediately had to buy it.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #319
Velvetkitten
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Bratty Daddys girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Girl,Girl, friend
Relationship Status:
My soul is torn leave be

1 Highscore

Velvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished "Helen of Troy" by Margaret George(Love all her books)

Down to the last few pages of "A Walk in the Woods" By Bill Bryson A true and funny story of a man & his friend attempting to walk the AT
Velvetkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Velvetkitten For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #320
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

What did you think of Transgender Voices? I was a part of that study - the picture of the butch with the absolutely adorable dog on pg. 19 - that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
Transgender Voices: Beyond Women and Men by Lori B. Girshick and Jamison Green

The Control Book by Peter Masters

Tags
books, reading