Old 08-06-2017, 08:09 AM   #1
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Trans people talking to other trans people

I thought it would be nice to have a place where trans people engage with each other, perhaps in a similar way to the butch to butch and femme to femme threads.

I see this as a space for anyone who identifies as transgender in some way. It isn't unusual for some of us to identify as both butch and trans, for example. However, I would like this to be a spot where we focus on the trans part of our gender identity.

There is already a trans guy to trans guy thread, but there is not a discussion thread for everyone who identifies as trans.

I see this as a space where we can shoot the shit, ask each other questions related to transition, talk about stigma, transphobia, relationship issues, etc. Anything trans related that you don't want to start a whole thread about.

Have at it!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2017, 11:34 PM   #2
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Dapper!

One of the things I'm curious about is the extent to which atypical upbringing early on for our correct gender (the one we identify with) affects us later in life. And also to what extent individual transfolk either feel they have to confom to some kind of stereotype post-transition or alternatively, feel they have the freedom to ignore it. I'm particularly curious as to how the guys feel on this.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:32 AM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
Hi Dapper!

One of the things I'm curious about is the extent to which atypical upbringing early on for our correct gender (the one we identify with) affects us later in life. And also to what extent individual transfolk either feel they have to confom to some kind of stereotype post-transition or alternatively, feel they have the freedom to ignore it. I'm particularly curious as to how the guys feel on this.
Thanks for getting things rolling in the thread! Yay!

Could you please say the bolded part in a different way? I am not quite clear on what you your meaning is here. I wasn't related to as my correct gender (male), so this is why I am confused.

I don't have time to get into the second part yet, as I need to get to work. But, I will for certain come back to this.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 04:39 PM   #4
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Sure, Dapper! Has the fact that you were raised as a girl had lasting effects into later life? In my case, I was raised as a boy. I actually liked that I got to play with boys toys as a result, but I desperately wished that I could be taught the girly stuff around hair and appearance, and cooking and stuff. So once I was seen by society as a woman, there were things that I was unusually inept at, or lacking in knowledge of, compared to 'average' women. And my manners, when it comes to courtesies, were somehow slightly 'off', because I'd had so many years of extending courtesies to women, and it don't occur to me at first that maybe I should stop doing that. It only took me a couple of weeks to get used to having those same courtesies extended to me, and I did end up ramping down my tendency to hold doors for other women, etc. till I arrived at a situation where my unconscious behaviour doesn't cause untoward comment and I'm still perceived as polite. But hair stuff? I'm still clueless.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2018, 09:55 AM   #5
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation
Default Holy mother of......... 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

Ok my T was increased yesterday.
Spent the weekend with my gf, and since it had been quite a while we spent most of 4 days in bed...
Now I don’t know if it’s the combination a weekend of lovin and the T ; just the T ; or just my lady but.
If this isn’t the T I’m gonna due when it kicks in
If it’s the T damn why didn’t I do this 20 yes ago.
If it’s a combo... wow wow wow.. sure wish she were gonna be here this weekend cause jumping in a freezer isn’t doin a thing and I can’t go to gym yet.. due to ops and staples.
Gf can’t even say hello on the phone to me without me.... responding.....damn just writing abt it is.......
Old 05-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #6
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
Ok my T was increased yesterday.
Spent the weekend with my gf, and since it had been quite a while we spent most of 4 days in bed...
Now I don’t know if it’s the combination a weekend of lovin and the T ; just the T ; or just my lady but.
If this isn’t the T I’m gonna due when it kicks in
If it’s the T damn why didn’t I do this 20 yes ago.
If it’s a combo... wow wow wow.. sure wish she were gonna be here this weekend cause jumping in a freezer isn’t doin a thing and I can’t go to gym yet.. due to ops and staples.
Gf can’t even say hello on the phone to me without me.... responding.....damn just writing abt it is.......
Yep, it is the T. It will drive you nuts...you will feel amorous all the time...your girlfriend will get sick of you. I completely understand how teenage boys feel.....

And as I recall you are on a low dose. I read you saying that you increased it, but what is your dose?

Some say it levels off after a year, but that isn't my experience. It is uncomfortable. It is annoying. I had NO idea that's how it could be. From someone who had a low sex drive, it was shocking.

Obviously, it will be a bit higher if you are in that "new relationship, pheremones are driving everything" state, but it is rough, nonetheless.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: