Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
DamselFly

How Do You Identify?:
QueerStoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am or Damsel
Relationship Status:
single

DamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST Reputation
Default looking for my "place"-advice requested!

i recently moved to the rural midwest to get out of a stressful situation w/my family. i've never lived lived outside of the south. though people here are friendly, i keep thinking that this is not the place for me. i'm too removed from people and can't drive. i want to be in a big town or small city, with public transportation, a library, a gay community, a Buddhist sangha, a way to make FRIENDS, and a way to volunteer to help others. here i feel largely useless and i dislike being dependent upon my housemate for rides, though she doesn't mind. i'm going to stay here for awhile but am looking for my place. this is definitely not it. if it weren't for my furry friends here, i would be almost intolerably lonely. i am not cut out for being so isolated. i need community, even though i am an introvert . being in the middle of no-where with no way to get out by myself...this morning i just got up and cried. i'm grateful for all i have but this is harder than i thought it would be! the nearest library is more than an hour away! aiyah! what's femme to do? if anyone has a place to recommend that good to live for someone who is disabled and can't drive, please tell me about it on this thread!
namaste and gassho,
DamselFly
to make my own contribution
(Buddhist prayer, a favorite of H.H.)

Last edited by DamselFly; 03-21-2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: grammer and spelling
DamselFly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DamselFly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I know exactly what you're going through. I went through it when I first moved to Oklahoma. I'm thankful to finally be in a city rather than a town.

When exactly will you be looking for a place? I like it just fine here in OKC. I'm in a very small mobile home park and periodically they have openings here. I don't really know what it is you're looking for or what you can afford. OKC has public transportation and libraries. Plenty of places to go to see and do things.

Just keep me informed and I'll keep my ears and eyes open.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamselFly View Post
i recently moved to the rural midwest to get out of a stressful situation w/my family. i've never lived lived outside of the south. though people here are friendly, i keep thinking that this is not the place for me. i'm too removed from people and can't drive. i want to be in a big town or small city, with public transportation, a library, a gay community, a Buddhist sangha, a way to make FRIENDS, and a way to volunteer to help others. here i feel largely useless and i dislike being dependent upon my housemate for rides, though she doesn't mind. i'm going to stay here for awhile but am looking for my place. this is definitely not it. if it weren't for my furry friends here, i would be almost intolerably lonely. i am not cut out for being so isolated. i need community, even though i am an introvert . being in the middle of no-where with no way to get out by myself...this morning i just got up and cried. i'm grateful for all i have but this is harder than i thought it would be! the nearest library is more than an hour away! aiyah! what's femme to do? if anyone has a place to recommend that good to live for someone who is disabled and can't drive, please tell me about it on this thread!
namaste and gassho,
DamselFly
Dallas, TX has a awsome gay community and so so much to do and see... and is not to far from you.... plus has a huge job market... just a thought.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
undone

How Do You Identify?:
me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
Sold!

undone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamselFly View Post
namaste and gassho,
DamselFly
I hear Austin is great also lots of things to keep you busy but if you are in to nature any bit and can handle maybe a week of snow a year you may want to seriously consider Portland or Seattle. both are amazing cities to live in, i deeply regret leaving both! Portland has a lot of little communities and is much easier to befriend mew folks, but Seattle of course is a bigger city. Phoenix has a decent community but is more spread out and not great public transportation. Portland will always be my favorite for the personalities of the neighborhoods and the community is everywhere there not just this neighborhood or that. and great transportation.
undone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 03:36 AM   #5
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by undone View Post
I hear Austin is great also lots of things to keep you busy but if you are in to nature any bit and can handle maybe a week of snow a year you may want to seriously consider Portland or Seattle. both are amazing cities to live in, i deeply regret leaving both! Portland has a lot of little communities and is much easier to befriend mew folks, but Seattle of course is a bigger city. Phoenix has a decent community but is more spread out and not great public transportation. Portland will always be my favorite for the personalities of the neighborhoods and the community is everywhere there not just this neighborhood or that. and great transportation.
and
the
Public Transportation and happy and gay people everywhere.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 03:37 AM   #6
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

San Francisco Castro District http://mycastro.com/ and
the San Francisco Buddhist Centerhttp://sfbuddhistcenter.org/
Public Transportation plus happy and gay people everywhere.

Also, San Diego Gaslamp and Hillcrest districts http://hsss.tv/archives/1040...The area and are weather are beautiful all year round. http://www.sandiego.org/article_set/Visitors/9

San Diego Kadampa Center

San Diego welcomes gay and lesbian travelers with a vast array of activities, including six popular annual Pride festivities, and a vibrant gay and lesbian community. Visit once and get hooked on the sunshine and spirit of a city where people from all walks of life come together to meet, shop, dine and enjoy the area’s arts, culture and nightlife.

Hillcrest, home to San Diego’s gay and lesbian community, is an exciting uptown district that celebrates diversity year-round. Strolling along its main thoroughfares, University Avenue and the tree-lined Fifth Avenue, guests are eased by the community’s openness, hospitality and quaint neighborhood charm. Hillcrest celebrates San Diego’s hip and wild side with a mix of exotic bistros, eclectic coffee houses and cafes, urban-style boutiques, nightspots and so much more.

Last edited by Tommi; 03-27-2011 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Kadampa
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 04:10 AM   #7
SFFemmePrincess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian Princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Pronouns
Relationship Status:
Single but also non negotiably non monogamous

SFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
[COLOR="Black"][B]

San Francisco Castro District http://mycastro.com/ and
the San Francisco Buddhist Centerhttp://sfbuddhistcenter.org/
Public Transportation plus happy and gay people everywhere.
I second Tommi's suggestion! Of course I'm biased, but its true, we have a great public transit system, AMAZING libraries, and wonderful community. It tends to be more on the pricey side, but one can usually find some nice housemates and that makes things more affordable.
SFFemmePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SFFemmePrincess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 06:26 AM   #8
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I must live rural which definitely has it drawbacks. I'm a southern country girl too who needs mountains close by with the option to hit the beach within a few hours drive. I love southern VA.

There is a house right around the corner from the farm, very nice 3 bedroom. It also has a finished basement with outside access. I had hoped my granddaughters mother would rent it and I would rent the basement as an escape - peace and quiet, which would have made her rent 550.00 a month plus I'd pay for internet. It has a wonderful big yard!

As for transportation I can take you to town in my van! It's often filled with hay, bags of feed and my shopping cooler. Might be a dog riding along too!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post: