Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:27 AM   #21
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Maybe it comes more naturally to some people than to others, but everybody can improve, right?

Easier this way: for sure it come more natural to some & is harder for others. But like any good skill all it takes is practice. The more you 'do' the better you get at it. For some it is like second nature & they don't even think about it...it is just a part of who they are...& others practice & do &try until finally it becomes habit.

What does "nurturing" mean to you?
To me it means everything...it is naturally a part of my daily life...from asking a friend how their day was & really listening to the answer showing my fiancee how much she is loved & appreciated. I am naturally a "protector" I don't like to see people hurting & really don't like to be the cause of pain. So that coupled with genuinely caring about people in general creates my actions for the day.

What makes you feel most nurtured?
Someone going above & beyond what us expected (which I don't expect much) or just being friendly or happy or trusting me...my baby making me dinner so I can sleep in before work....a morning song/msg to let me know she is thinking about me...the little things that come from the heart

How would you like best to be nurtured?
That is the fun part...however someone wants to...after all it should be something that comes from them...comes from the heart, not a specific want

In what ways do you like to nurture others? Yourself?
[By doing the little things ...if u listen u find out what someone likes & u actively try *shrug*
Myself...I love sunsets & writing poems

What situations, books, articles, movies, beliefs, epiphanies etc have helped you become more comfortable with being on the giving and/or receiving end of nurturing?
I grew up in a very loving & affectionate family...my father is very much a protector like myself...growing up I thought it was a natural thing. Then I was in a relationship where I got the chance to teach it to my partner & 2 awesome kids (the youngest has learned well) & now I get to enjoy the back & forth with my fiancee...she is a wonderful nurturer & I think her & I are equal-opposites (housewife & protector)...no book can teach u how to care...just put into action how u feel.

Last edited by Tcountry; 03-30-2011 at 03:31 AM.
Tcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tcountry For This Useful Post: