Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #21
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Things I'm Proud Of

In spite of being a high school drop out, I did get back to school and eventually earned a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree.

I was the intramural racquetball champion in college in 1981.

I served my country in the U.S. Army. Later, I marched with the uniformed veterans/color guard for the 1993 and 2000 GLBT Marches on Washington.

I have been published in two gay and lesbian publications.

Helped form, and was vice-president of the Mississippi Gay and Lesbian Task Force in Mississippi in the early 90’s and helped the students at the three major public universities there form GLBT student groups.

Worked with the Mississippi ACLU to bring to light GLBT discrimination cases in the state of Mississippi. The victim of one of those cases brought forward ultimately testified before Congress about this.

I designed a refinery turnaround system while working for a very large refining company. Six months after I left the company I was offered a very lucrative consulting position with the same company to show them how to implement that system across all of their domestic refineries.

I bought three houses; still have two of them and inherited five more; so in addition to working, I’ve been remotely managing the rental/repairs of them for nearly four years now. They are in Mississippi and New York.

I’ve stood for justice and doing what is right my whole life. I've slipped here and there a time or two, (I am human!) but I stand solidly on my history.

And best of all, I met the love of my life and married her!

I'm thinking that is it for now!

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #22
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Well....

let's see, looking backwards with my rose colored granny glasses, (remember those? hee hee hee!)

Graduated high school (drug and alcohol free during the 70's) (major accomplishment, little joke there ya'll)

Won 2nd place in the U.G.L.Y. Bartender contest in Hawaii (fundraiser for MS)

Lived past 30.......ya, whodathunkit?

Lived in Europe for several years, wanna go back...

Discovered Love is possible, and all around me...

Am writing my first of what I hope will be many novels...

learned to give MYSELF an orgasm..... (you have no idea....)

Found my voice.... Thank you BF community!!

and today..... living in Grace
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post: