Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I wrote an entire huge post about my kitteh and then the pc froze and ate it so I'm gonna try again. *sigh*

I have only one kitty at home now. Her name is Mao. She showed up about 2 years ago as a "stray". (I think she had previously belonged to an elderly neighbor gentleman who passed.) She was very skittish and it took a year to coax her close enough to be petted, eventhough I'd been feeding and talking to her since she first showed up. Then a few months ago I was sitting on the porch and she jumped up on my lap. It surprised me and must have surprised her too, because she jumped right back down. She walked around for a few minutes then jumped back up again. I sat very still waiting to see what she would do, then "flop!" right down into my lap and started purring. Now if she even thinks you're gonna sit down, she's right there waiting to hop.

She's also started to venture into the entryway if I leave the door open, but that's as far as she'll go. Since it took her a year just to be petted, I know she does things in her own baby steps. She does follow every step I take if I'm outside though, just like a puppy. If I walk, she walks. If I jog, she jogs...lol

Oh, and her favorite snack: hot dogs. I've tried cutting up grilled chicken and fish for her, but she'll just turn up her nose at it. If she sees you walk outside with a hot dog though, she'll start dancing and prancing...lol

She's a fat, fluffy, happy kitty and a real sweetheart. I just wish she would tuck in the claws...lol For some reason, when she's happy or being petted, she puts her claws out and scratches you on accident. (She doesn't seem to know that's the wrong reaction to petting...lol) I've owned lots of cats, and have never seen one do that. (Other than the little "love scratches" that some cats do when kneading.) I thought at first maybe her claws wouldn't retract, but after checking her and watching, they do. So, no clue...lol

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #22
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Pictures worth a thousand Ahhhhhhhs

PeachesBoi Peeking

I am the King Of the Catnip Box
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #23
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Blackie is maybe 4 years old, a pound rescue. She's (surprise) black and white, and looks like a cow. Her back is all black except for one white spot, and her tummy is all white except for that one black spot! She's extremely mellow, which I was looking for in a cat.

Then there's Misty, a 1 year old huge gray Norweigan Forest Cat. She's like a giant dryer lint ball on feet. Last summer, she looked so uncomfortable I had her shaved down like a lion. I call her the "Cog", because she'll fetch like a dog and worship us like a dog. Wherever I go, she follows. If she can't find me or the kids, she "cries". I can't believe I have to go reassure a cat that I'm right here .

Oh, and Misty loves spaghetti night. The cat loves noodles and anything noodle-like. She doesn't eat them so much as she carries them around like her baby.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #24
sierragirrl

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
<3

Thanked 2,870 Times in 667 Posts
sierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have a kitteh that was left behind when the girl nextdoor went to jail.her name is sabbath but i dont like that name so i call her Ya. solid black cat whos tummy now sways back and forth when she runs.she was fixed as a stray so the tip of her ear is cut off.i have moved onto a rather busy street and am waiting for a break in the weather to bring her home.my back yard is where i plan to house her.its quiet and no cars.she is getting a bit grey and drools when you pet her..silly cat.
sierragirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sierragirrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 03:21 AM   #25
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Here's the baby. i will see if i can't find an image of my other girl.

Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 03:26 AM   #26
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Here's the Zooster. She was keeping me company while i studied.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:45 AM   #27
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default Meow!

I have 3 cats, 2 are Rescue babies, and the third was a gift. They are all Purebred Himalayans. Two Flame points and one Seal Point. Can you say cat hair??? I have to keep a lint roller in my car to see what kind of fur I am adorned with once in full sunlight LOL.

Suave is the Seal Point, he was rescued from a Breeder, and spent the first 4-6 months of his life locked up in a cage. Just a few weeks ago I heard him purr for the first time, and he is 3 years old. It has taken him a very long time to trust, and finally comes to me looking for some love!He is a male but such a coquette! He has a Doll face, so he looks like a very long haired Siamese.

Casanova is A Flame point, and looks like a stuffed animal. He was given to me as a gift. He has a lot of personality, and shadows me, he is the Alpha Male. He like to help me cook. Or is it he's trying to trip me so he can get more food? He is very affectionate, and mischievous. He loves Jewelry, he will carry it all over the house if he can get his paws on it.

Cielo in my Flame Point female. She was given to me by a woman who rescued her. She has the Smooshy face, and looks like the little creatures from Gremlins. I think she is from the same breeder as Casanova, because Flame Points are somewhat rare, and there is only 1 breeder in the area, that has them. She is tiny, and looks like the Sugar Plum Fairy, but fights like Bruce Lee. So I call her Cielo from the Bronx!
Old 03-19-2011, 04:30 AM   #28
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,485 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Hi cat people! I don't have any cats . But, I am a very experience cat groomer. , been grooming cats for 24yrs. Just saying....
Old 03-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #29
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

OH. MY. GOD.

First, I love this thread!
Second, I've been a cat person all my life.....and I won't bore You with the list of names! lol

Right now ~ and I blame Ms. Tabitha for this ~ I now have 2 kittehs. They are Siamese brothers, Fred and Ricky. (Well....I had a Lucy Lab/Pit mix, so I had to have Fred & Ricky, right?)

I wasn't PLANNING on getting a cat, much less TWO! But they wrapped their crooked little tails around my heart and I'm not quite sure what I ever did without them! There are pictures of them in my Gallery.

NOW, there is a neighborhood big~headed tom cat I have grown attached to.....and I named him Ethel. I know. It was a cruel joke. But he's adorable, too. A pale grey tabby with white feet and chest. The boys watch him from the window as he has his breakfast.

There's another neighborhood cat, a fluffy tuxedo female (I believe)....and when SHE comes up, Fred and Ricky go so balistic (that she is trying to steal Ethel's food) that Lucy even goes berserk and chases her off with her barking.

Lucy loves Ethel, too.

I know, I know.....one day, Ethel will probably come inside to play.... Dear God, help me!

Oh.....I used Tidy Cats for multiple cats. They eat Meow Mix. And they don't like treats of any kind. Their favorite toys are empty boxes and wadded up tissue paper!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 06:29 AM   #30
Daktari

Her Royal Greyness the Woodipotimus is my furbaby.....Bunzalus Bunzelius was a foster baby that went to live somewhere else.

The Woolly and me are a package...love me love my cat...no choice.

Woody gets a dry diet, she has no choice in this matter. I'm convinced there's something addictive in wet cat food. Wet food makes the Woolly fat, lazy and begging.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 06:38 AM   #31
Daktari

double post sorry
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #32
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I agree with the dry food diet as well. Most of my kitties are usually fed dry food, indoor formula. I've discovered from each of mine that there are less tummy problems with a dry food.

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #33
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I forgot to mention, you can see all my rescues in my gallery

Even though mama kitty passed last Oct, her pic is still in my gallery
She was the bravest little stray I ever had the pleasure to befriend

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2011, 12:13 AM   #34
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

i posted my girls' pics a few posts back. Baby was a stray. She came to me at about three months old, adorable but sick. It looked like she might have to be put down, but she started getting better, and she is healthy and happy now. Zuzu was a roommate's cat who became attached to me, so my roommate gave her to me. She is the best gift i have ever gotten.

She has food allergies though -- to grain -- and has to eat grain-free food. i feed her Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck formula.

My girls are buds and play with each other several times away. They chase each other through the house, sounding like a herd of elephants.

i have had two other cats. One was a fat and placid calico called Kismet; the other was a mackerel tabby with the softest coat in the world. Her name was B.K., which stood for Baby Kitty. She lived to 19, and Kismet made it to 20. They died within two months of each other. It was a very sad time, and i didn't expect to have cats gain. It's no fun finding housing in the Bay Area when you have two cats.

But the universe had other ideas. i think i am meant to always have two cats.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #35
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

We have three cats. Well, one is deceased for a number of years, but she's still so present in our hearts. Her name is Cloud. Cloud and her daughter Frou Frou came to me from a co-worker whose fiance was allergic. Cloud had been a homeless cat who got pregnant on the street quite young. She was tiny yet LOVED food. What a wonderful cat. She used to lick my eyelashes. Need I say more. Cloud's daughter Frou Frou misses her mother and is very attached to me (and of course the feeling is mutual). Her latest interest is watching bird videos on Youtube. Our third cat Phoebe was brought into the relationship by BB (a rescue cat). She has one of those great loud motor-like purrs and sleeps in my arms like a teddy bear. My cats never bore me. If I had my druthers, I'd play with them all day every day . Oh, and I recommend three tiered sturdy cat condos. Both our cats adore the condo we have.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #36
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

My girlfriend has 4 cats and loves them to death. I used to have Himalayans and love them too they are so beautiful and would love to adopt one for my home but if she should move in there will be four cats and a dog Molly a JRT who is 10 years old. We would have some family here with all those animals but it would be fun. I miss having cats and enjoy all the posts about them..
Old 03-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #37
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

My kids are Taurus's.. all seven! Any Taurus's out there? You know what I mean..they're all about the best food-human and animal, making love, the best furniture to sleep on, hunting, and doing/watching everything I do, and getting all possessive too lol!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #38
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:
very married lesbian couple-there are two of us that use this site

Thanked 1,579 Times in 517 Posts
lionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionaria View Post
I have 3 cats, 2 are Rescue babies, and the third was a gift. They are all Purebred Himalayans. Two Flame points and one Seal Point. Can you say cat hair??? I have to keep a lint roller in my car to see what kind of fur I am adorned with once in full sunlight LOL.

Suave is the Seal Point, he was rescued from a Breeder, and spent the first 4-6 months of his life locked up in a cage. Just a few weeks ago I heard him purr for the first time, and he is 3 years old. It has taken him a very long time to trust, and finally comes to me looking for some love!He is a male but such a coquette! He has a Doll face, so he looks like a very long haired Siamese.

Casanova is A Flame point, and looks like a stuffed animal. He was given to me as a gift. He has a lot of personality, and shadows me, he is the Alpha Male. He like to help me cook. Or is it he's trying to trip me so he can get more food? He is very affectionate, and mischievous. He loves Jewelry, he will carry it all over the house if he can get his paws on it.

Cielo in my Flame Point female. She was given to me by a woman who rescued her. She has the Smooshy face, and looks like the little creatures from Gremlins. I think she is from the same breeder as Casanova, because Flame Points are somewhat rare, and there is only 1 breeder in the area, that has them. She is tiny, and looks like the Sugar Plum Fairy, but fights like Bruce Lee. So I call her Cielo from the Bronx!

That's clever and funny!.....I miss my kitties....My four cats passed on when I lived in Seattle....One was called Spikey---aka Mr. BooCherry (because he was a ladies man of the cat world)....The other was called DiddlePaw because she was little(play on the word little---diddle) and had small paws...Then there was Puddie B ( She had cattitude), and my last one was Ribbons ( a short hair tortie) who looked like she had a face of an owl, so her aka was owl cat(Lisa gave her that name)....
lionpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lionpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #39
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:
very married lesbian couple-there are two of us that use this site

Thanked 1,579 Times in 517 Posts
lionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
We have three cats. Well, one is deceased for a number of years, but she's still so present in our hearts. Her name is Cloud. Cloud and her daughter Frou Frou came to me from a co-worker whose fiance was allergic. Cloud had been a homeless cat who got pregnant on the street quite young. She was tiny yet LOVED food. What a wonderful cat. She used to lick my eyelashes. Need I say more. Cloud's daughter Frou Frou misses her mother and is very attached to me (and of course the feeling is mutual). Her latest interest is watching bird videos on Youtube. Our third cat Phoebe was brought into the relationship by BB (a rescue cat). She has one of those great loud motor-like purrs and sleeps in my arms like a teddy bear. My cats never bore me. If I had my druthers, I'd play with them all day every day . Oh, and I recommend three tiered sturdy cat condos. Both our cats adore the condo we have.
Would you believe when I was a child I use to call my siamese cat Mr. Foo Foo?
lionpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lionpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #40
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

We have 6.

2 started out as mine - Pukis (pookie) and Esmeralda.
Pookie is about 13 and is a grey tabbie found on the street in the lower east side at about 5weeks. She's getting older but still has running fits and loves catnip and keeping everyone in line. Esme is a calico from Barc shelter in Brooklyn - she's about 6 now i think and loves to head butt you when you don't expect it. She never meows. ever.

3 came with the butch Zoey - orange and white, not sure the age - street kitty now lovey dovey thing. Molly - sweetest cat ever - very gentle - about 4 yrs old - grey tabbie, Shane - she's a butch kitty. Tortoiseshell and bossy.

youngest is Morgan -a black kitty about a year old now. Found taped up in box in the street/trash. people are assholes. She's the coolest kitten ever. She loves squishy balls and hair ties and will fetch them repeatedly for you to throw. and throw. and throw. She also drops them on your head while you are sleeping. Recently she's decided 4Am is a good time to wake up at which point she climbs on me nuzzles my neck, purring loudly, and starts licking my nose, eyelids, chin...

they pee and poop a lot. i believe my main role in life is litter scooper.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:

Tags
cat, kitty, pet