How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Just glancing through this month's issue of Forbes Magazine I see that Asheville is one of the top places they rated to retire in.
The Seattle Times too often runs articles about Asheville and I always picture it a delightful place to visit.
Consider yourself openly invited to visit!! We could so do a vacation swap too. I'd love to visit your neck of the woods
Old 10-30-2016, 06:55 PM   #22
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Just glancing through this month's issue of Forbes Magazine I see that Asheville is one of the top places they rated to retire in.
The Seattle Times too often runs articles about Asheville and I always picture it a delightful place to visit.
Consider yourself openly invited to visit!! We could so do a vacation swap too. I'd love to visit your neck of the woods
Old 11-04-2016, 01:46 AM   #23
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

That Houston is a huge diverse melting pot.

That I can find excellent Pho or a Ramen noodle bar not too far from my house.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2016, 07:31 AM   #24
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Numerous interesting items about Chicago I like and love. Since I spend around 50% or a bit more time in Chicago a month, I have slowly learned what makes this city such a world class place to visit, work.

First, the 'noises', the hustle and bustle of the people on the sidewalk, the honking of the Uber, Lyft and cabbies hurriedly making their way to their destinations with their fares. Oh the smells, the thousands of restaurants offering up any dish from anywhere within walking distance.

The architecture, if you take a water vessel through the canals you can see the back side of the old buildings with the original stone, marble and steel. So ornate compared to the false fronts that many buildings have.

The fireworks the city offers at no charge every Wednesday and Saturday nights off of the Navy Pier.

The arts, museums, theater, amazing street entertainment

*This woman does a fantastic Tina Turner!
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2016, 12:50 PM   #25
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Dang... what's the real estate situation!? I think I need to live there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
My town has the highest level of diversity and enlightenment among people.The wealthy live alongside low-income, with everyone in between. Everyone is very social and friendly with each other. We have an award-winning school. In town there are quaint shops, a gay bar, library, Walgreens, grocery store, plus, all the places, like kfc, macdonalds etc. I live a few miles from the town where I manage a very busy B&B. In the summer, it is one long party. Practically out-side my door, is the lake Michigan, where there is a launch for hang-gliding, water-skiing, kayaking, fishing, bike trails, plus the beach for swimming. Wild-life is very friendly, always hangs around. A party with a dj is happening on the beach every week. 50 yards away on the water is a big building that has weddings, and receptions, and various other social events, and the folks stay here .
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2016, 12:54 PM   #26
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Chicago is on my MUST SEE list. You've just reaffirmed that! It looks like a fantastic place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
Numerous interesting items about Chicago I like and love. Since I spend around 50% or a bit more time in Chicago a month, I have slowly learned what makes this city such a world class place to visit, work.

First, the 'noises', the hustle and bustle of the people on the sidewalk, the honking of the Uber, Lyft and cabbies hurriedly making their way to their destinations with their fares. Oh the smells, the thousands of restaurants offering up any dish from anywhere within walking distance.

The architecture, if you take a water vessel through the canals you can see the back side of the old buildings with the original stone, marble and steel. So ornate compared to the false fronts that many buildings have.

The fireworks the city offers at no charge every Wednesday and Saturday nights off of the Navy Pier.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2016, 12:55 PM   #27
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Oh! I like this idea!! Like a BFP Air BNB??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #28
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I love all those things you've mention PLUS so much more of where you live too! CHICAGO......it's my kind of town!!!!!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2016, 06:38 AM   #29
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

When I went to Chicago for job training, I loved visiting Geno's East Pizzaeria and Navy Pier!

Zimmeh

Quote:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2016, 06:42 AM   #30
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I also loved living in Arlington Heights, Massachusetts. I lived about ten minutes outside of Harvard Square. I also lived in Franklin, Massachusetts. I miss living up North.

Zimmeh
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2016, 07:46 AM   #31
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Just watched 7 deer come off my creek, cross the dirt road and slowly make their way along the tree line and back into the woods. Yeah, that's what I love about my neighborhood

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2016, 12:27 PM   #32
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

I miss Chicago. Even more so now that my beloved Cubbies have won the World Series. I've never missed a chance to go back to Wrigley field to catch a game each time I've visited since I moved in 2000.

I miss Chicago. My yearly jazz festival was a "can't miss" weekend of music, ambience and memories. It was a beautiful landscape of all walks of life as far as the eye could see, sitting on blankets and foldable chairs with a picnic basket at Grant Park, enjoying some of the best free jazz music in the world. The lights of Chicago as they come on at dusk, and Navy Pier and their fireworks. I miss the Chicago Bulls when Michael Jordan was helping win championship rings...

I miss catching concerts, musicals and conferences at the Rosemont Horizon, now the Alstate Arena (unless it's name has been changed to something else). I miss concerts at the Ravinia...I miss the House of Blues...I guess I miss the music...

I miss and regret not finishing my degree at Elmhurst. There is no other school like it. Anywhere. I followed my co-dependent heart back here and I know what a huge mistake that was--now.

I miss my Italian ice in watermelon, cantaloupe and other flavors at Freddy's pizzeria in Cicero, which is actually Berwyn at the corner where the lil mom and pop store/eatery sit. Now THAT pizza is incredible! I miss all things Italian...

I prefer Home Run Inn pizza to Giordano's, Connie's or Gino's East, but they are ALL very good eatin. I do NOT miss the prolonged commute anywhere due to the snow. That I do NOT. Lol

I miss going to Soldier Field and watching the Bears play in freezing sub zero temps, and freezing my ass off with many other die hard fans who were doing the same.

I miss the museum of Science and Industry, the Field Museum the Aquarium and the museum of Art with some of the finest creations known to the world... The "adventures" we'd have when I'd take a "skip day" with my children and the moments spent there with them.

I miss my children being that young and even how much I worked and went to school and how even though my support team was so small, we made it work together. I miss rides through O'hare in the evenings, after traffic to take in the lights and soothe my little girl to sleep.

I miss shopping in the lil grocery stores in little village to buy things I could only get there for my tex-mex cuisine. Speaking Spanish there was the only time I was able to do so...I miss that whole experience of little village...I miss riding the L downtown and that horrible curve it takes when passing Cook County hospital. Felt like I was riding a roller coaster...

I miss the fabulous work opportunities and the welcoming of cultural and lifestyle diversity.

I miss my friends, family and the whole experience I've left behind. I'm feeling a tiny bit homesick as I wax nostalgic...maybe more than a tiny bit. There's more but I'll pause right here...

Chicago is a gorgeous place filled with so much culture, architecture, history and charm.

Did I mention how much I miss it?

Thank you A. Spectre for triggering my trip down memory lane...

Quote:

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2016, 11:09 PM   #33
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

What I like about the state I live in, is that it's huge and makes for good traveling.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2016, 12:17 AM   #34
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

the ppl respect the pooper scooper law ~ a salute ~
Old 11-09-2016, 04:32 AM   #35
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

Not a damn thing.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2016, 02:10 PM   #36
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

I miss living near some kind of wilderness. Now I'm in suburbia and the closest thing I get in a opossum in my attic. Not a good thing! I love watching videos where the deer come up to someone's back door looking for food, attention or to play the owner's dog or cat. So cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Just watched 7 deer come off my creek, cross the dirt road and slowly make their way along the tree line and back into the woods. Yeah, that's what I love about my neighborhood
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2016, 02:12 PM   #37
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

We share the same state! Suggestions on day trips?? I'm not much into shopping... I like sightseeing... what's out here??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
What I like about the state I live in, is that it's huge and makes for good traveling.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2016, 02:18 PM   #38
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Heard this on NPR... lol

This Spanish Town Is Using Doggie DNA to Find Poop Offenders

Dog owners in a Spanish municipality who don’t clean up after their animal may be traced through the DNA in their pet’s feces, to try and keep the roads clear of unsightly dog mess.

A statement on the City of Mislata’s council website explains that dog owners must enrol their pet in a mandatory canine registry by taking them to a veterinary center to give a quick, free blood sample, before Dec. 31 this year.

Then, if their dog leaves a mess on the pavement that their owner fails to clean up, street cleaners can collect a sample of the feces and take it to a laboratory, to be analyzed. Thanks to the council’s new DNA analysis system, the dog will then be identified and linked to its owner, who will be contacted and given a fine of up to €200 ($220)

“Remember to always carry a plastic or paper bag when you go out for a walk with your dog,” the council’s statement concludes.

This is not the first instance of DNA dog poop testing. There’s even a doggie DNA lab in Knoxville, Tenn., called Poo Prints, which helps condo and apartment managers identify the dogs who leave a mess on premises across 30 states.

http://time.com/4552903/mislata-spain-dog-feces/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
the ppl respect the pooper scooper law ~ a salute ~
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2016, 02:44 PM   #39
deeds

How Do You Identify?:
G-d made

deeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputation

People pretty much leave me alone..There are more decent neighbors than those morons who like to hassle me tho,so I'm a fortunate one.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:51 PM   #40
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I so enjoy ...

this quiet home in the middle of 2.19 acres in the woods

absence of traffic ... I am the next to the last home on a long dead end road ... homes are spaced far apart ... the only traffic is the woman in the very last place ... there are not any homes across the road, it is hunting land but I have yet to see any hunting activity ... though I do hear shots in the far distance once in a while from over that way, plus my own shots during warm weather - copperhead snakes are not sparse ... now that it is cooler, snakes are not out but the coyotes are very vocal in the evenings ...

lack of crime

value the privacy a great deal, that was the deal-maker

seeing deer occasionally in my backyard

seeing this one goat in a pasture driving in from work ... he always grazes on his knees, he folds his front legs under ... just seeing him cracks me up every time

as soon as I get home from work, I let Kevie and Jennifer out to play in the backyard, sit and watch them from my favorite outdoor chair, they are so funny, watching them relaxes me

neighbors have been friendly ... thank goodness they have finally quit inviting me to church and I am no longer receiving various church fliers in the mail (whew) ... I think they realized I am one of the ones who moved here for privacy, plus, I put a No Tresspassing sign at the entrance of my driveway
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: