Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > North Carolina Forums

Old 11-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation
Default North Carolina

Where are my Tarheels? lol

I live in the mtns, near Asheville. Where y'all at?
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

North Cackalacky here!

We've yet to explore much of the state, but we have a wish list including Asheville (e's been, but I haven't) where my oldest niece lives, and the Outer Banks.

Are you a lifetime resident, Dixie?
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

mawning NC dwellers
wow i see this thread needs some serious bumping..... haha..
i been running around NC doing short loads all friggin week....
i love it here. use to live in the charlotte area in 2000/2002
and now planning on moving bk...
im hangin here in salsibury at wally world at the moment waiting for my dispatch to send me a load to go do. heading someplace with a lot of miles. heh....
anyways........ have a good day

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm in Southern VA, a stone's throw from the NC state line. I'm subscribing to this thread. Let's get this party started.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
lyric

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
quiet and content

lyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Hi everyone

I'm curious about the NC LGBT community - more specifically, the B-F community, and most specifically, in the Raleigh-Durham area. I'm considering a future move to the area and was wondering what to expect in regards to community, visibility, etc.

Can anyone tell me anything? Any information anyone is willing to offer would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, Lyric...

I spend a lot of time in Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill because my sister and her family live in Raleigh. I've dabbled in the queer community down there, so I can help a bit.

Chapel Hill is a fairly liberal town, and seems to be the most liberal of the three. Durham is pretty queer friendly too, for the South. Raleigh tends to be a little ... what's the word...antiseptic, maybe? The queer community in Raleigh seems to be a bit male-centric, in my opinion. A bit more female-centric in Durham. Chapel Hill is all over the map...tree-huggers, queers, liberals, etc. I socialized briefly with a femme in Durham on one trip down there. She indicated to me that community there (b-f) was kind of skimpy.

Overall, I love it there...always lots going on and lots to do.

Jake
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #7
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
I'm in Southern VA, a stone's throw from the NC state line. I'm subscribing to this thread. Let's get this party started.
We spent a week kayaking on the New River - it went from NC into VA. Anywhere near you?

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

(btw, I had completely forgotten that I had started this thread...I'm sorry about that y'all...don't want anyone to think I was ignoring anyone... )
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #9
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

dizielady, no worries It seems to be a pretty slow moving thread these days.. a few years back we had the same issue at the dash site in the NC thread. Thanks for starting it and following up
Old 07-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #10
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

oy, i just saw that i spelt your nick wrong.. dixielady, not dizielady.. lol.. two totally diffrent meanings there! lol
Old 07-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #11
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderKnight View Post
oy, i just saw that i spelt your nick wrong.. dixielady, not dizielady.. lol.. two totally diffrent meanings there! lol
you weren't off by much...and besides, I think most of the time dizie or even ditzy would work...lol
Old 07-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #12
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

I'll be out and about in Asheville tomorrow and will probably hit the drag club tomorrow night. Also thinking about going tubing on the river Sunday, depending on the weather. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #13
JinxdGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Tomyboy Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
The girl ones, please!
Relationship Status:
Single

JinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
I live in the mtns, near Asheville. Where y'all at?

I'm in Greensboro, moved here in 2008. Just now getting around to seeking out community.
JinxdGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #14
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Paphigleo and I are in Asheville.

We love meeting people in real time.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #15
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Paphigleo and I are camping on the Blue Ridge Parkway October 8th and 9th, at Linville Falls. There are still some spots available. Reserveamerica is where you get the sites. Dogs ok on leashes. 19 bucks a night. Campfires yes. Flushing toilets yes. No electric, this in NOT a KOA fluffy camping, nor is it rustic pee in da bushes, and its also drive up, easy access to site.

Just throwing that out there, it would be great to see some Planeteers.
The Following User Says Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #16
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
Paphigleo and I are camping on the Blue Ridge Parkway October 8th and 9th, at Linville Falls. There are still some spots available. Reserveamerica is where you get the sites. Dogs ok on leashes. 19 bucks a night. Campfires yes. Flushing toilets yes. No electric, this in NOT a KOA fluffy camping, nor is it rustic pee in da bushes, and its also drive up, easy access to site.

Just throwing that out there, it would be great to see some Planeteers.
Sweet. That's actually very close to where I live. The parkway is only a few minutes from my house. I love Linville Falls. It's really beautiful up there.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #17
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
Sweet. That's actually very close to where I live. The parkway is only a few minutes from my house. I love Linville Falls. It's really beautiful up there.
Come see us! At least, stop by on Saturday, enjoy a hot dog by the fire for lunch, or something
The Following User Says Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #18
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
Come see us! At least, stop by on Saturday, enjoy a hot dog by the fire for lunch, or something
Awesome. I may just do that.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #19
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Lordy, I haven't camped at Linville in years! They didn't have the facilities you are talking about there then, lol, it was all total wilderness camping. I took my nephew, who was about 9 at the time, had a blast! Ya'll have a great time and don't feed the bears, lol. I love driving that gravel road all the way to the top of the mountain and sitting on the rock ledge just watching the day go by.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #20
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default Same sex marriage on the ballot

Same sex marriage is on the ballot on May 8th. All you NC people please register and go vote. This vote is not only for same sex couples it is for domestic partners in the heterosexual world too. Many companies in NC offer benefits for domestic partners, however should your domestic partner die, you are not their next of kin or any kin to them for that matter, unless this bill passes.

GO VOTE GO VOTE GO VOTE

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: