Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 08-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation
Default Beck and Palin

We are watching Cspan and the freakish display going on there.

It scares me.

As I look across the sea of white people and Beck preaching and Palin doing whatever she does I am reminded of a part of the US I have fought long and hard to forget. Religous Zealots who are using the rewriting of history to try and change, in the name of God and history, what is right and wrong. What is and was real.

Beck is about to pass out some sort of Merit Award to people who stand against the tide? Whatever that tide is. Suddenly a taped segment with video is happening.....shots of Martin Luther King play in front of a giand field of visor wearing white people. Irony.

He says this group is the greatest group of people who has ever lived....restoring America....blah blah...hands reaching out. Now, A Chief from Oklahoma is going to give out an award. I wonder how they found him?

I am thrust back into a Southern Baptist Revival, only way worse.

Somehow they keep mentioning family...a man and a woman. Makes me wonder what this really is about....

Is anyone else watching? To be honest Cynthia has it on and it is making me really tense. Like a train wreck.

Thoughts?
Old 08-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

The background music is killing me. Taped fanfares and now a lone Black Pastor on stage in a sea of white. A soldier with hooks (not prosthetic hands...hooks) gives the award. The award winner speaking of Dr. MLK.

He says the dream of Glen Bleck is that Jesus gave his life so these people could gather now.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

People are crying.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

The Washington Monument looks crooked.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Restoring Honor...

They say hope must be based on truth. I see no truth. I see truthyness.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #6
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

People wearing stupid hats in front of a huge screen showing photos of Americana....eagles...statue of liberty....

Now, the sports angle.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I think Glen Beck has much more in common with facists, than he does Martin Luther King, Jr..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Knowing that Beck and Palin and all the cost of producing this multimedia festival of reiculocity must be paid before the actual organization in whose name this is staged, gets a dime.

If they really meant it, they would do it for FREE.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #9
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
I think Glen Beck has much more in common with facists, than he does Martin Luther King, Jr..
I agree. Linus wrote yesterday that Beck reminds him of the rise of the Third Reich.

I hope this is not that widespread.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #10
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Winner 2.....fanfares in background....drums....Latino and a baseball player.

Winner 3 will be a woman, I just feel it.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #11
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Now the Screen, which BTW says Restoring Honor on top...they are giving the Satue of Liberty immigrant speech...like Beck does not daily vilify imigrants.

Pictures now of the Depression...talking about Charity.....

I think this is going to the government not helping and not paying taxes, but choosing who churches will offer "real" charity to.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #12
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Not a woman, a Mormon?
Old 08-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #13
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

If you don't have cable access to CSpan, you can view it here in streaming video, live.

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx

~Theo~
Old 08-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #14
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
If you don't have cable access to CSpan, you can view it here in streaming video, live.

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx

~Theo~
Thank you! I know I am babling, but if I don't vent I will explode.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #15
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

I keep expecting them to roll someone up in a iron lung to win this award.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #16
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
People are crying.
I'm crying. That these people have the audacity to use King, to display a Native American/First Nation Chief. To throw out the name of Jesus, whose parables were likely the most subversive speeches of his time, makes me weep. I'm sure Beck will parade an "illegal" immigrant who is itching to go home when the music changes to the cockroach song (sarcasm).

I weep that people are so uninformed, so forgetful of a nation's past, so afraid that someone will take what is theirs ... even though it was never really theirs to begin with.

I weep because there are good, knowledgeable Christians, who ate stunned by such display, and who are just at a loss of what to do as anyone else on this website. I weep because what worked in the past, marches, sit ins, etc., in this techno age, no longer seems to work.

So, I dry my tears and hope for youth to once again lead the way. For a new means of reasoned, radical resistance which comes from many corners. I am Pisces. I am a dreamer.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #17
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Not there to receive the award. A Black lady receives it.

Jesus sends his greetings.

"Glen Beck is one of Americas most trusted and honored citizens"

The lady was treated for cancer at the winner's cancer hospital.

I mean, I am an thrilled people give money to charity, but this should not take the place of government programs and regulations and infrastructure.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #18
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
I'm crying. That these people have the audacity to use King, to display a Native American/First Nation Chief. To throw out the name of Jesus, whose parables were likely the most subversive speeches of his time, makes me weep. I'm sure Beck will parade an "illegal" immigrant who is itching to go home when the music changes to the cockroach song (sarcasm).

I weep that people are so uninformed, so forgetful of a nation's past, so afraid that someone will take what is theirs ... even though it was never really theirs to begin with.

I weep because there are good, knowledgeable Christians, who ate stunned by such display, and who are just at a loss of what to do as anyone else on this website. I weep because what worked in the past, marches, sit ins, etc., in this techno age, no longer seems to work.

So, I dry my tears and hope for youth to once again lead the way. For a new means of reasoned, radical resistance which comes from many corners. I am Pisces. I am a dreamer.
Beautifully stated!

My hope is that Beck is going too far and less people than he thinks are buying this.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #19
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

He is saying people are born knowing the truth and the truth will set us free.

It is almost too sick to watch....slow motion train wreck....

and now.

Dr A. King.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #20
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

I guess to make the white people feel better?