Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 06-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #241
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Meander View Post
This last week would have been challenging for me even if I was not quitting smoking. It has been touch and go, and I would not consider myself successful except that progress is evident. I am not back to my regular habit nor do I give up. Just trying to get a grip so Quitting does not = Nervous Breakdown.
Very well done for not diving head-long back into smoking. Some progress is better than none though. I hope the challenges you're facing subside and give you a break to concentrate on quitting.

I discovered that as long as I maintained the very positive self-talk I created for myself before starting the process it was easier to say no to the 'stress ciggies'. Not to mention I was scared stiff.

I am pleased to report that Non-Mrs.I has smoked what is hopefully her last real ciggie and is currently using an e-cig. She has circulatory problems in her legs which are hugely exacerbated by smoking. We recently found out that an acquaintance who has similar circulatory problems has now lost a leg upto mid-thigh. He's only in his 30s. The fear has finally hit her.

Keep the faith and don't give up giving up.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #242
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
Doc,
you have no idea how incredibly happy i am today I wish you could see the smile on my face...

Wooohoooo for excesses of happiness. I'm so pleased you're having a great day... a great smoke free day no less. I wish I could see that smile too!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 02:40 AM   #243
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation
Default Haha!

My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 04:54 AM   #244
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Meander View Post
Just chew some gum and say F*ck You.....I love it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #245
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I fell!
A couple days ago - I had a meltdown. A genuine meltdown directed at my three son's. I became hysterical (lol omg so dramatic) and stole one of Isa's (middle son's) cigs and smoked it, as if I had never quit. And then another. And then the next morning, snuck into his room and stole one out of his pack, and then another. Then yesterday same routine - except Isa left for the week and then some of Ben's friends came over who smoked and when they were not looking, I stole theirs!

How Pathetic!

I just charged my e-cig and at some point this morning will go get some mild filters. I am not sure why I cannot manage my emotions, except ---- I did just get my period, a week early and I am emotional for a variety of reasons -- But why the cigs? Why do we always reach for the cigs?

That is all - I am not ashamed, just a bit disappointed in myself. I am glad the kids left for a few days - I need to regroup and find some *me* time and get back on track. AND - I told Isa, you cannot come back home with cigarettes. I am not strong enough yet.

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #246
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
don't hestitate to ask for support...don't struggle in silence, come talk about it, there's loads of us who know the highs and lows of this journey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
I fell!
A couple days ago - I had a meltdown. A genuine meltdown directed at my three son's. I became hysterical (lol omg so dramatic) and stole one of Isa's (middle son's) cigs and smoked it, as if I had never quit. And then another. And then the next morning, snuck into his room and stole one out of his pack, and then another. Then yesterday same routine - except Isa left for the week and then some of Ben's friends came over who smoked and when they were not looking, I stole theirs!

How Pathetic!

I just charged my e-cig and at some point this morning will go get some mild filters. I am not sure why I cannot manage my emotions, except ---- I did just get my period, a week early and I am emotional for a variety of reasons -- But why the cigs? Why do we always reach for the cigs?

That is all - I am not ashamed, just a bit disappointed in myself. I am glad the kids left for a few days - I need to regroup and find some *me* time and get back on track. AND - I told Isa, you cannot come back home with cigarettes. I am not strong enough yet.

Julie
You are human love. just keep pushing through because you want this...

For me the meltdowns make me want to smoke as well...they are emotionally charged..for me those bad days i want more than anything to smoke and i do not...for me it was always about , are you ready for this....i smoked to "AVOID" emotion.....nice huh... now im 41 with the emotions of a teenager wtf is that about....

so now i dont smoke and i have these things called "emotions" creeping up on me all the time...learning to deal with them one at a time...

there was this old thought
"If i smoke i don't have to deal with the bad stuff"

Here is a new thought
"the bad stuff is gonna happen anyway, no need to smoke"

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #247
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
I fell!

How Pathetic!

Julie

There, you hit it on the head Julie, there's no need for shame just a bit of disappointment in yourself...none of us will be ashamed or disappointed in you. We're here to support not knock folks down. You've charged your e-cig...well done!!

I think you have every right to expect some support in this from your sons if they live with you.

The line I will continue to use is...

Keep the faith and don't give up giving up
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #248
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation
Default For Everyone...

Keep on Keepin On....

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #249
Daktari

couldn't resist

Old 06-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #250
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I reluctantly have to say i fell of the wagon.

The e-ciggs however do work for me and i can quit on them.

They don't however last very long (the charge). I am going to buy another one or another type with hopefully a longer battery charge on Friday.

Keep up the good work all. So proud of you!!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #251
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
I reluctantly have to say i fell of the wagon.

The e-ciggs however do work for me and i can quit on them.

They don't however last very long (the charge). I am going to buy another one or another type with hopefully a longer battery charge on Friday.

Keep up the good work all. So proud of you!!!!!
It's ok princessbelle, you can jump back on anytime...the smoking wagon passes by frequently.

Something that worked for me was having a plastic inhalator thingy

because it didn't look remotely like a cig. I wanted to break the visual thang. I used the nicotine cartridges for a few weeks but by then I'd broken the hand-to-mouth habit and didn't need the inhalator. I was taking Champix/tix though so the inhalator was just about breaking the hand-to-mouth action.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #252
lillith

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, hey you!

lillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, so I am working on 15 weeks, and I live with a smoker. Every time she smokes, I get heartburn? What is that?

I kinda want to address something else that is part of this process, and that is the hand to mouth issue, or in other words, gaining weight.

When I quit, I was probably 230lbs, and then I gained 10lbs. I feel like I am having to retrain every aspect of my life. The quitting part seems like it is the easiest part. Changing my eating and exercise habits is really kicking my ass. So, today, I played a dance workout game for about an hour with my son. Hopefully, I will get up and do it again tomorrow. I think I am looking for something else to do with my hands beside smoke or eat. :s

Thanks for listening.

now how can you ignore a dancing pink elephant?

and how i so wish it would rain here.
lillith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lillith For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #253
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Well Lilith; The best thing that helps me is when I am riding my bike, I don't crave something bad to do with my hands like eat more or smoke. I've also noticed that some folks who use to smoke and quit, also developed some serious health issues. My business partner developed a severe allergic reaction to smoke that she said closes her throat. I do not know if this is true.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #254
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillith View Post
Ok, so I am working on 15 weeks, and I live with a smoker. Every time she smokes, I get heartburn? What is that?

I kinda want to address something else that is part of this process, and that is the hand to mouth issue, or in other words, gaining weight.

When I quit, I was probably 230lbs, and then I gained 10lbs. I feel like I am having to retrain every aspect of my life. The quitting part seems like it is the easiest part. Changing my eating and exercise habits is really kicking my ass. So, today, I played a dance workout game for about an hour with my son. Hopefully, I will get up and do it again tomorrow. I think I am looking for something else to do with my hands beside smoke or eat. :s

Thanks for listening.
The ten pounds is kicking my ass too however be prepared for additional weight when you start working out its muscle that's in essence where my ten pounds have come from...although my body is taking a different shape lol im still irritated with the weight gain...

don't starve yourself if you need to eat however aren't hungry eat fruit..or snack on sunflower seeds or what have you make sure you stay healthy is all.

I work out every morning....it helps a lot.

The heartburn thing ive noticed that as well i think it is because nicotine is entering your body through second hand smoke...even though you quit your still getting it. Get some rolaids...

i hope the above helps

I had a nightmare last night dreamt i smoked and that i had a pack of cigarettes in my hand, when i realized in my dream what i was doing and what i was holding i sat down plum where i was at and screamed at myself these words...

"dammit heather, now you have to start all over what were you thinking, it was hard enough to get here to 2 months" <~~~~My subconscious perhaps?

It was really weird even weirder is i didn't remember it until i was working out this morning....and then i realized im ok...i don't have to be afraid of success...i think i have been afraid of succeeding.....

So while at work today this fella i occasionally talk with i mentioned to him i quit smoking and he asked me some questions and one of my responses was its a choice that i make every day to not smoke...I think for now for me this is a choice i have to make every day and that the dream was just a fool trick and that as long as i make this choice for me, im good...

The only thing to fear is fear itself...

diggen my in today and every day

Old 06-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #255
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
It's ok princessbelle, you can jump back on anytime...the smoking wagon passes by frequently.

Something that worked for me was having a plastic inhalator thingy

because it didn't look remotely like a cig. I wanted to break the visual thang. I used the nicotine cartridges for a few weeks but by then I'd broken the hand-to-mouth habit and didn't need the inhalator. I was taking Champix/tix though so the inhalator was just about breaking the hand-to-mouth action.

An ex of mine quit on these about 12 years ago.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #256
lillith

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, hey you!

lillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputation

This picture kinda irks me because cartridges look like hollowpoint bullets :s

now how can you ignore a dancing pink elephant?

and how i so wish it would rain here.
lillith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lillith For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #257
Daktari

It's so late here and it's my hometown Pride in a few hours, so I will come back to you all in a day or so. Keep the faith and don't give up giving up.

The weight. Oh my Lord that's my bugbear. I've put on a quarter of my original bodyweight and it irks me soooooo bad. I purposely didn't substitute cigs for food.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #258
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
It's so late here and it's my hometown Pride in a few hours, so I will come back to you all in a day or so. Keep the faith and don't give up giving up.

The weight. Oh my Lord that's my bugbear. I've put on a quarter of my original bodyweight and it irks me soooooo bad. I purposely didn't substitute cigs for food.

Happy Pride you.......

Old 06-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #259
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
Happy Pride you.......
WoooHooo it's Blackpool Pride.

Ta ever so gaea

The Fag Father will become Alice Allarse (Drag queen extraordinaire) and we will be the oddest couple at our small town** Pride. It's gonna be a fun day!

**we are a smallish town with a long-standing, thriving gay scene
Old 06-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #260
Daktari

I should tell y'all...before I try and switch off.

I have a chest infection right now. I feel pretty bad. This time last year I would have been totally incapacitated, unable to move more than a couple of steps without gasping for breath. Not to put too finer point on it...I'm coughing up but I shall ride my bike to Pride tomorrow.

Result!