Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 01-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #1041
Ravenouss

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
There might be many princesses in a kingdom, but only one Queen!

2 Highscores

Ravenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST Reputation

25 years next month since I quit. It was considerably easy when I threw a pack in the trash and never smoked again. I used to puff 2 packs a day for about 10 years. My mother also stopped cold. I never understood the "addiction" per se since we both had no trouble stopping, but when I tried to get rid of sugar and couldn't, I realized how addiction affect people in different ways. Nicotine was easy for me to quit, not for my sisters. Sugar was very easy for my sisters to quit. Not for me.
I really admire those who had trouble and still quit. And I hope those who are trying find the strength to do so just as I hope someday I'll be able to let go of sugar...
Old 01-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #1042
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenouss View Post
25 years next month since I quit. It was considerably easy when I threw a pack in the trash and never smoked again. I used to puff 2 packs a day for about 10 years. My mother also stopped cold. I never understood the "addiction" per se since we both had no trouble stopping, but when I tried to get rid of sugar and couldn't, I realized how addiction affect people in different ways. Nicotine was easy for me to quit, not for my sisters. Sugar was very easy for my sisters to quit. Not for me.
I really admire those who had trouble and still quit. And I hope those who are trying find the strength to do so just as I hope someday I'll be able to let go of sugar...
As a person who's given up refined sugars amongst other things (caffeine, alcohol, drugs, nicotine and the smoking habit), I can truthfully say the only way I've found that works for me is applying the 12 step programme, 'one day at a time'.
We can do anything for just one day. I'm not saying it's easy but it's possible with the right mental attitude and coping strategies in place.

If one day is too much then break it down to manageable chunks; one hour, half hour, 10minutes if necessary.

Not having the first one of any of our addictions saves us from the second, third, ad infinitum.

One is too many and a thousand never enough right!?

Good luck all of you who are quitting whatever you're quitting. It's not easy but it IS possible

Keep riding that dragon until you tame it, you'll be so proud of yourself for doing something proactively positive for your own well-being.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #1043
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

I have been working on a plan for myself to quit. I'm taking chantix for 2 weeks to help curb the urge to smoke and I'm using a vaporizor also. I am going to use a 6 % nicotine solution and ween down to 0 by mixing with a 0% solution over the next two weeks or so. I know I can beat this with help from friends and family and making a plan for myself to do this one day at a time. I"m a 30yr smoker and I Know it's hard to quit for some just as hard as giving up hard drugs for addicts. At least that's what my physician has told me. It's in the mind as well. I"m feel ready to quit mentally and I want to do it the best way possible for me and I think my plan is going to work; we'll see. I'll keep reading posts here, they are full of support and I thank each and everyone of you that are quitting and have quit for the advice and support you've given to all of us here. I look forward to being another EX-SMOKER in the group. My dad and mom have both been after me hard this past year to quit, they are both Ex-smokers themselves. I want to be among the group of people that says I can and I DID.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #1044
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsunflower View Post
I started a cold turkey quit on 29th December 2013.

Day 9 almost completed.

This time I have the help of a sponsor and he's making all the difference.

I'm doing it this time.

Good Luck and Success with quitting Sunflower. Congrats on everything.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #1045
Redsunflower

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Redsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
I have been working on a plan for myself to quit. I'm taking chantix for 2 weeks to help curb the urge to smoke and I'm using a vaporizor also. I am going to use a 6 % nicotine solution and ween down to 0 by mixing with a 0% solution over the next two weeks or so. I know I can beat this with help from friends and family and making a plan for myself to do this one day at a time. I"m a 30yr smoker and I Know it's hard to quit for some just as hard as giving up hard drugs for addicts. At least that's what my physician has told me. It's in the mind as well. I"m feel ready to quit mentally and I want to do it the best way possible for me and I think my plan is going to work; we'll see. I'll keep reading posts here, they are full of support and I thank each and everyone of you that are quitting and have quit for the advice and support you've given to all of us here. I look forward to being another EX-SMOKER in the group. My dad and mom have both been after me hard this past year to quit, they are both Ex-smokers themselves. I want to be among the group of people that says I can and I DID.
And best of luck to you, my friend, though I don't think you need luck with a plan like this.

Redsunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redsunflower For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #1046
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

That should help you a great deal Ms. Redsunflower and I wish you luck in doing so!!!

Quote:
Day 11 and I'm still going strong.

Today is not easy. In fact I feel a little bit nuts. I'm going out for a run in a minute to burn up adrenalin and try and feel a bit calmer.

Well done to everyone in the process of quitting and trying to get to a more comfortable place. We can totally do it.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2014, 05:50 AM   #1047
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone.

Also great work on quitting!
Keep it up!!

I loveee this thread and the wonderful support that is offered here.
Thanks to all who have helped me along the way and who got me through some really harsh times.

Have a beautiful and smoke free day...SMILES

Blessings and Namaste

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2014, 11:03 AM   #1048
Redsunflower

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Redsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST Reputation

Day 15 and I'm still a non-smoker.

I had a brand new challenge today. I went to visit a mate who is a proper smoking buddy. She smokes in her house and everything (as does her partner). I didn't have much of a strategy for coping other than just to go and see how it went.

Well, I didn't smoke, she congratulated me on my quit the whole time I was there and I think I now need to wash my jumper but apart from that it was all good.

I can do this. In fact, I am doing it.

Well chuffed.

Rxx
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Redsunflower For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2014, 05:31 AM   #1049
Daktari

Quote:
Day 15 and I'm still a non-smoker.

I had a brand new challenge today. I went to visit a mate who is a proper smoking buddy. She smokes in her house and everything (as does her partner). I didn't have much of a strategy for coping other than just to go and see how it went.

Well, I didn't smoke, she congratulated me on my quit the whole time I was there and I think I now need to wash my jumper but apart from that it was all good.

I can do this. In fact, I am doing it.

Well chuffed.

Rxx
Bloody well done you! You have every right to be chuffed (UK>US = really rather pleased) with yerself.

Every time you get through a tough situation it puts another slug of strength in the Quit Bank to access whenever you need it.

Hope all you quitters are keeping the faith...Just For Today!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2014, 01:00 PM   #1050
Redsunflower

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Day 19 and still doing it.

Yaaaasss!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Redsunflower For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2014, 10:14 AM   #1051
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default CBS News on Smoking

Smoking is the lead story in this newscast 1/17/14. It's an excellent piece on new findings on the affects of smoking and diseases, percentages of youth smoking and the fight against smoking. If you haven't seen this, please do...very informative.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/1-17-s...fter-26-years/

I quit over seven years ago using patches. It took three weeks, and I've never wanted to smoke since. Best thing I ever did. I smoked roughly a pack and a half per day for 34 years before quitting.

Now, I can't stand smoking or to be around it at all. What amazes is how many people still smoke; I don't even know how people afford a pack.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 07:29 AM   #1052
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Yaaaasss!!!!!!!!!!!
Just wanted to say congrats on your choice to be healthy and that I am proud for you.

Keep up the great job and know you have people always here to support you in good and bad moments.
Keep it up!

Blessings and strength to you!
Namaste

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #1053
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Yaaaasss!!!!!!!!!!!

There have been studies done that indicate it takes 21 days to change a habit, it is a milestone for changing any behavior. The hardest part is over, continue to quit, one day at a time. You will be glad you did!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #1054
Redsunflower

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
There have been studies done that indicate it takes 21 days to change a habit, it is a milestone for changing any behavior. The hardest part is over, continue to quit, one day at a time. You will be glad you did!
Well, I'm just finishing day 22 so I guess it should be getting easier.

Trouble is, I don't think it is.

I'm in such a foul mood that even the title of this thread is driving me mad. Habit?? This is a drug addiction.

Maybe it will all look better tomorrow and just for today, I won't be smoking.

Rxx
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redsunflower For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2014, 06:37 AM   #1055
Daktari

Default Checking in...

How are all you new quitters fairing?
Old 01-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #1056
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Thanked 2,220 Times in 772 Posts
Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'll have 3 years in April. It's been a struggle but I'm so glad I did. Quitting drinking was nothing compared to quitting smoking. For all of you just starting on your Quit Journey: Congratulations!!!

My philosophy on quitting is rooted in the harm reduction model. It doesn't matter how you quit, or what works best for you versus someone else. It only matters that you DO quit. So find your strategy for achievement and don't get distracted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
How are all you new quitters fairing?
Butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2014, 02:44 PM   #1057
Redsunflower

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

I'm celebrating one month nicotine free today.

Woo hoo!!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Redsunflower For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #1058
Redsunflower

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

I'm now celebrating 1 month and 6 days nicotine free.

And thanks to my sponsor who has been a massive help indeed.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Redsunflower For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2014, 11:56 PM   #1059
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Default Yippie

Trust me I will never get overly confident because I know my weaknesses.

Today I celebrate Years smoke free.

And to be tottally honest, during times I felt the need to smoke again due to stresses such as health issues, I have used a e gig here and there. My doc told me to do so verses messing up.
I know alot of you don't believe this is being smoke free if you occassionally or all the time use one. But I am here to say in my world it has stopped me from smoking during some really hard times.

I am amazed and very happy with me...smiles

For those of you quitting or trying to begin the process, my hats off to you all. Keep it up.
If I can quit you surely can.

40,320 CIGS NOT SMOKED 2,016 PACKS NOT SMOKED within this 2 years.

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2014, 12:31 AM   #1060
Redsunflower

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Well done Lady Pamela.

Two years is a good long time and you're doing it!

I'm struggling again this week, trying to remind myself of a day at a time, but just really wanted to smoke last night.

I was so happy to realise when I woke this morning that I didn't smoke; I'd be kicking myself right now.

Just for today, I won't be smoking.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Redsunflower For This Useful Post: