Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Post The Clothes Make the Transman?

I saw this on Facebook and thought I would share it here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/01/ny...ome.html?_r=1&

I'm interested to know from the trans guys how the way you dress makes you feel in public. What do you prefer to wear? Do you purchase custom clothing like the kind mentioned in the link or do you make it work with men's clothes?

I thought this thread topic might prompt a really insightful discussion.

(I know I'm a femme starting this thread but I do love trans guys and male-identified butches so I hope you don't mind.)
Old 11-29-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Great idea for a thread. Thank you for the information about this company. I have to say that the first thing that came to mind was that even though butch owned companies (a couple mentioned in the article), have been around longer than this one, this CIS MALE'S company is the one that was actually acknowledged and made the nytimes. I am sure part of the reason for this is that it was an already established company, but.....anyway, not surprising.

SO... like I said, great thread!

I am fortunate that my physique allows me to purchase men's clothing off the rack. Both bottoms and tops.

Sometimes I have problems with some dress shirts being very slightly too long in the arms, but not enough of a problem to have to go to a tailor. Actually, in thinking about it, they are probably the "correct" length, but since I wear dress shirts without jackets to work, I am more concerned with how they fit without a jacket.

I only have one suit, that was given to me by a friend, and it fits perfectly. Otherwise, I have no experience with suits. I don't know if I am just lucky with this one, or if most men's suits would fit me this well. My shoulders are broad for a female, but I would guess that there would at least need to be some tailoring around there (?). My suit does not have a vest with it. I am sure that prior to my top surgery a fitted vest would have needed some adjustment to fit.

As an aside, there is a butch clothing thread, but I won't link it here, so that your thread can run in a "fresh" direction.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

It would be interesting to hear the experiences of FTM/transguys who are on testosterone. I would like to hear how the fat redistribution away from their hips may have improved their ability to buy their pants "off the rack" (if at all).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #4
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Button downs over T shirts will save your life!
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
It would be interesting to hear the experiences of FTM/transguys who are on testosterone. I would like to hear how the fat redistribution away from their hips may have improved their ability to buy their pants "off the rack" (if at all).
For me this is a yes and no question. Things fit better when buying off the rack but my "portly" size still makes it somewhat difficult and still require a bit of tailoring. I don't tend to wear suits although a good single breasted suit with a vest apparently makes me look dashing. I just don't need it day-to-day at home (when I work from home, shorts are the suit of the day) or when on the road (polo and casual slacks or dark jeans work).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_boi View Post
Button downs over T shirts will save your life!
?? Not sure I understand the comment. I think dressing appropriately for the audience in question matters more.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2013, 01:20 AM   #6
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
?? Not sure I understand the comment. I think dressing appropriately for the audience in question matters more.
An open button shirt over a tee is a comfy way to conceal your chest a bit. The whole dressing in layers thing can help if you don't want to bind super tight. I have bursitis in my shoulder so tight binding isn't healthy for me so its a life saver.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
GraffitiBoi

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
Playing around and having fun

Thanked 3,663 Times in 824 Posts
GraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I had a much easier time buying off the rack once on T. After I had top surgery buying off the rack became pretty simple. I'm about 5' 5" or so, so some shirts are a little long in the sleeve, but it's not much of a problem.
GraffitiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GraffitiBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I have been purchasing off the rack clothing for men, for over 40 years, without the need to go to a tailor. I have been on T for over a year, and the redistribution of fat has changed the drape of my pants, in that there is more room in the thigh, and the muscles in my shoulders bulking up, have made some shirts feel tight and uncomfortable.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am not on T but have had a body redistribution via (very) large weight gain then loss over a period of a decade that coincided with aging from 40 to 50. The resulting combination of changes; gravity, age, settling places, has made it much better it terms of specifically pants fit. What tailors call the 'drop' waist to hip ratio, is now correct. I still have a time of it due to overall stature, being pretty short at 5'5" and having a small frame. It puts me exactly one size smaller that what most stores stock in the mens department. Sometimes I get lucky and sometimes I end up in the boys department. Even when I find the right size in tops the sleeves are usually 2-3cm too long, fortunately I have a good non-judgmental tailor. Eg, I wear a perfect 32 regular suit, but have to shorten the sleeves. I don't feel like I am a proportional odd ball and the other comments here about sleeve length seem to bear this out.

The OP, thanks for this thread btw, asked about how this makes us/me feel about myself. I found this quote from the original article to be true to my experiences:

Some, like Chase Strangio, 31, a lawyer at the American Civil Liberties Union who identifies as a man, need a suit for work. “For someone not gender-conforming, court is the environment where you feel most vulnerable and want to feel most assertive,” he said. When he tried on his suit, he said, it was the first time his body did not feel wrong. “It sounds ridiculous, because it’s just clothes, but I was almost in tears, because it was the first time I was affirmed by an experience like that. It was thrilling.”

I was not in law but was in a male profession. I had not worn particularly female appearing clothes but when I changed into higher end clothes and went to all suits it helped alot. It coincided with changing my name so that also came into play. I felt much more confident and in control of myself and by extension my environment. This was the early 90s and I don't even think there was a T in the LGB community then so it felt like a big deal to me. I don't think it is a fluke at all that I almost immediately started earning a higher income. It was all about the confidence for me. I don't wear suits anymore but all male clothes and sport jackets are a staple.

I wear what fits me and I'm so glad it's more mainstream now. That said, the changing rooms can still be a variation on the theme of bathroom confusion inverted at times.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #10
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to give a quick bump to the thread, and mention that Lands End offers men's dress shirts in three different fits, with not only the specific neck size, you can also order the specific sleeve length, going as short as 32".
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
Yew

How Do You Identify?:
ftm, trans*
Preferred Pronoun?:
he him his
Relationship Status:
Single

Yew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST Reputation

I have been on T just over a year, the first half on Androgel then switched to injections post hysto. I am relatively thin but muscular...wiry, I guess. In the past year I have gained about 10# but have virtually lost my ass, while my shoulders have broadened by about 1" overall. Any belly softness that was there is gone- a 6 pack is just a slight effort to achieve. I noticed the shoulder growth mostly after putting on a men's small dress shirt early this fall and finding it tight and the seams riding up high rather than where they belong; that was great because I didn't exercise much after the surgery in July and was afraid I'd waste away! The thigh area called 'saddle bags' is gone too though I never had much, it has really straightened out. My shoes have gotten a little tighter and I readjusted my ball caps to fit a little larger too. I have worn men's clothes easily always but do struggle to find 29x32 or longer pants that don't have saggy asses

Quote:
Yew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yew For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #12
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yew View Post
I have been on T just over a year, the first half on Androgel then switched to injections post hysto. I am relatively thin but muscular...wiry, I guess. In the past year I have gained about 10# but have virtually lost my ass, while my shoulders have broadened by about 1" overall. Any belly softness that was there is gone- a 6 pack is just a slight effort to achieve. I noticed the shoulder growth mostly after putting on a men's small dress shirt early this fall and finding it tight and the seams riding up high rather than where they belong; that was great because I didn't exercise much after the surgery in July and was afraid I'd waste away! The thigh area called 'saddle bags' is gone too though I never had much, it has really straightened out. My shoes have gotten a little tighter and I readjusted my ball caps to fit a little larger too. I have worn men's clothes easily always but do struggle to find 29x32 or longer pants that don't have saggy asses
Interesting! T is an amazingly powerful hormone. Thanks for posting.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #13
Yew

How Do You Identify?:
ftm, trans*
Preferred Pronoun?:
he him his
Relationship Status:
Single

Yew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST Reputation

It certainly is, and a true blessing for me, too!

Quote:
Interesting! T is an amazingly powerful hormone. Thanks for posting.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
Yew

How Do You Identify?:
ftm, trans*
Preferred Pronoun?:
he him his
Relationship Status:
Single

This is a great topic, as to me, clothing is critical to accurate (re)presentation. I wear men's clothes exclusively and have not tried specialty clothiers due to location, cost and/or lack of need to hide 'curves'. I am 5'8" and built rather straight, with an athletic body- this is a real blessing since I can go buy practically any men's clothes off any rack and they fit correctly. Fitted, tailored or 'slim' cuts of shirts and pants work very well for me. I prefer a look that is more classically dapper than the plaid shirt/studded belt looks (I did that when I was a 'boy") that are out there. I think ties, pocket squares, killer socks, sweaters, brogues, sports jackets and suits when I dress nice or for work, and add in some 501's; classic, old school, adult, some edge. Sites like DapperQ have great examples of queer style; H & M fits me very well and someday when I'm loaded with dough, I will be spending it at Brooks Brothers!

I really love seeing femme women in dresses and put a vision in my head of "How Do I Appear To *Her?", whoever she may be, when I am dressing; this matters to me because it a) keeps me well dressed and b) today may be my lucky day
Yew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yew For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Finding clothes that I like isn't a problem,the issue is i'm 5'5'' and portly to boot right in the waist so I usely end up getting a 2x then have the sleves taken up but the shoulders sometimes' dosen't fit right because of the seam that drops off the shoulder.I am loseing weight so it wont be long till I can button the xlarge all the way down comfortably.When I wan't a shirt or artical of clotheing to fit I have to go somewhere and have to altered,wall mart or places like that don't do much for me cause I like better quality clothes than they have when I can afford them on sale,sometimes I get lucky to find something at the good will store that's in good shape.I have two suits as well as a few dress shirts along with a couple of blazers so I have a fair choice.I haven't bought anything lately cause I don't have much chance to dress up much for a while cause most places I go to jeans and whatever shirt I pick out work just fine.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

why clothes to define?
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:29 PM   #17
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
I'm interested to know from the trans guys how the way you dress makes you feel in public. What do you prefer to wear? Do you purchase custom clothing like the kind mentioned in the link or do you make it work with men's clothes?

I thought this thread topic might prompt a really insightful discussion.

(I know I'm a femme starting this thread but I do love trans guys and male-identified butches so I hope you don't mind.)
The clothes I wear can definitely impact whether or not I feel self-conscious. Generally I'm a pretty casual person. My preferred "dress code" is cargo shorts and band shirts, or cargo shorts with t-shirt and open (usually) plaid button down. I'm not really into dressing formally and it makes me feel a bit uncomfortably and uneasy, not myself. At work luckily with my job I'm fine wearing shorts/pants and a plain t-shirt, plain longsleeve, open button down or something like that. Plus the same boots I wear everywhere (which I need to change soon cause they're cracking and heel's been worn away pretty bad thanks to 7 years of wearing them in pretty much every context that isn't super formal or the gym).

If I dress formal its just dress pants, dress shirt, and same dress shoes I've had since I was 16 (aka 15 years) I pretty much only have two dress shirts right now, one burgundy/black striped with long sleeves, another plain black with short sleeves. Only really wear the burgundy/black stripe one cause its really soft and light. Not really into ties or that sort of thing.

I once bought a super nice black blazer from H&M which was the only time I really felt good in one, but after the event I ended up returning it for the refund cause I was low on cash. Now wishing that I'd kept it though because I'm going to another wedding soon and would prefer to have one. Really regret that, heh. I would love to find another one like that, but can't even remember the size.

As far as off the rack vs tailored, I've only ever bought off the rack. I'm around 5'7 so I don't find I've ever had too much trouble fitting into regular men's clothes. Sometimes something might be a bit long, but I don't really mind much or notice much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I know I can't be the only guy who doesn't dress up?
Nope you're not the only one! Only time I've really dressed up in the last five years has been for a wedding, funerals, and my partner's graduation. Otherwise I can get away with being pretty casual...which is how I like it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
What is it about those button down collars you chaps like?

I don't see folks wearing that style over here, not in the bft community anyway...or didn't when I was going out often enough to know, doesn't look to have changed according to fb.

I have one black Ben Sherman oxford shirt that looks great with a Death Kitty tie but on the whole I like a cutaway collar w/collar stays.

It's not a challenge or a comment on you lot liking and wearing them, just an enquiry as to why.
No button down shirts? I can understand not wearing them casually, but what else would you wear in a formal setting since most formal shirts are button down? Edit: I just looked up an "Oxford shirt" and apparently these are also button downs. I'm confused now lol

Anyway with the casual button downs, I dunno I think I'm just stuck in the 90's or something. I grew up in the late 80's and 90's when plaid button downs open over a t-shirt were pretty much the default shirt. Plus for whatever reason Canadians like plaid button downs lol I don't wear them as much in the summer, but I find them pretty convenient for fall/spring/a warmer winter.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #18
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I can't tell you the last time I got really dressed up for something because to me dressing up is formal wear like a tux.

I wear khakis and a nice shirt to like funerals or other things but mainly I stick to my staples.

I just recently bought myself my first short sleeved pearl snap western shirt, it fits great and I am happy to finally be comfortable in clothing.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 09:08 PM   #19
cork1961

How Do You Identify?:
TransMan
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

cork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputation
Default For me they do...

I'm usually fairly casual, though I do love a button down collar and tie for work.

Bought a custom suit deal on ebay a few years ago for a great price. Sent all my measurements to Hong Kong and got a really nice wool suit. Wasn't perfect, but needed minimal tailoring here. For me, clothes that fit well definitely make me more confident, especially on more formal occasions.
cork1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cork1961 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 09:32 PM   #20
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork1961 View Post
I'm usually fairly casual, though I do love a button down collar and tie for work.

Bought a custom suit deal on ebay a few years ago for a great price. Sent all my measurements to Hong Kong and got a really nice wool suit. Wasn't perfect, but needed minimal tailoring here. For me, clothes that fit well definitely make me more confident, especially on more formal occasions.
Now that I have transitioned, I have very much loved adding the tie to my work ensemble.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:

Tags
clothing, trans