Notices

Old 02-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation
Default Negative/Positive

Tell us about your negative experience, moment, or thought, and then tell us the positive side. Humor and/or sarcasm*, are welcome and much appreciated!

*Please use caution, and consider other readers' feelings, before you post.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
KCBUTCH

How Do You Identify?:
Undaunted QUEER Dom, Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
MYSELF, Syr, Hy, or friend prefered
Relationship Status:
Cautious, indifferent...

Thanked 3,305 Times in 884 Posts
KCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST Reputation

-When I was still getting loaded daily- I had a dream that I was crawling on a ledge and I came upon I giant mound of Meth and I stuck my face in it, the scene changed and I was in front of a mirror and my whole face was abscessed
I got clean very soon after that-
-I am sure the dream was spurred by the fact I was in full blown drug induced Psychosis of which I was then locked up for
Old 02-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Negative: I just read in my pre-op instruction packet..."The temporary gastric pacemaker testing phase will last 7 days, please do not bathe or shower during this phase. Use soap and a wash cloth for personal hygiene." Seriously?

Positive: (My not-so-much-inner environmentalist chimed in) Think of the water that will be saved!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Negative: I have been diagnosed with a mild case of Bell's Palsy (temporary lateral paralysis of the facial muscles). I do not want to be seen in public, I think I look really odd, I'm talking a little funny, and I don't want to have to explain this.

Positive: Once I recover, whenever I give a nasty look to someone in a leadership position, and they comment on it, I can claim it was a facial tic related to my palsy..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Negative: My house trained 3 year old dog, Obi, pooped in the middle of the living room (again).

Positive: One less turd to wrangle out of the grass later!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Negative:

It really seems like I keep having to go through procedure after procedure. I'm tired of the anticipation of more surgeries. Tomorrow will make three in the past 2 years. If the temporary thingy works, it means yet another surgery, and I still need to see my ortho doc about the crumbling cement in my knee replacement (I'm procrastinating as long as possible about this), which means, you guessed it, another surgery (for which the recovery time is way too fucking long).

Positive(s):

1) Perhaps my body is just making sure everything gets taken care of before I start my future (even more active) life, with an active (damn handsome) and loving partner, in Maryland.

2) I have awesome insurance!

3) The first knee replacement lasted 11 years, with my starting weight being 280 pounds. Which means this one should last at least 15 years, since my starting weight is drastically lower.

4) My recovery may take less time, since I won't be a severely overweight smoker. Healing time should be much faster!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The bad thing

My back, knees, and both feet were fubar with pain for over a decade

The good thing

It led me to drop 160lbs and regain my health

The bad thing

It didn't do shyte for my back

The good thing

My general health and other pains were fixed

The bad thing

Still the back

The good thing

This is driving me to look even further into specific nutrition and exercise kinesiology solutions

The bad thing...

None! Just keepin' on keepin' on

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Negative: I'm in pain and am not able to take pain medication, and was not able to go to work today. My favorite distraction (Gaige), had to go to bed because she works tonight, so I'm thinking too much about pain and discomfort.

Positive: The leads coming out of my nose are a pretty blue color, when I'm able to get to work (hopefully tomorrow), my friend/co-worker Patricia promised to decorate the leads stuck to my face. We talked about sparkly beads and other dangles that would look fashionable... HAH!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Negative: it still hurts to take deep breaths
Positive: giving and receiving
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

negative i want chicken parm.
positive I wont make it ~~ lol...
Old 02-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #9
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

The Negative: A disappointing revelation that was brought to light today.

The Positive: I'd rather know now, rather than later.

I guess that we all must suffer one of two things...the pain of discipline
or the pain of disappointment.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Neg.: I feel bad today, can't get the chill outta my bones , tis way too cold today, don't know if I am getting sick or if it's just the wet cold weather here. So, I didn't exercise.
Pos.: I haven't had a day off my exercises in over a week, so I used today as my day off.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #11
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Negative: 2.5 days left with these leads in my nose/throat/stomach, and only sponge baths.

Positive: It is working, and I am really feeling mighty positive about that!

Negative: My baby has spent the last two days with her nose to the computer, renewing her pharmacy licensing stuff, and I have been missing our banter.

Positive: My Butch is employed, well respected, responsible, and a damn hard worker. She's also gorgeous when she's concentrating.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #12
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Negative: He had to leave today.

Positive: I got to spend a little over 74 hours with him.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #13
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Negative: The car broke down today on my lunch hour.

Positive(s): It didn't start smoking until I had backed back into my space at the office. When I returned from lunch, my supervisor handed me the little slip of paper that had my yearly bonus amount on it, and so the car repairs won't impact my budget. Another bonus, Gaige got her package in the mail today, and she said she really liked what I sent her. That really made me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #14
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation

negative: PMS is a hateful, awful thing and I want it to DIAF.

positive: clearly things are improving healthwise as this is my third normalish cycle since November. My PMS is still way more, er whacked out than a healthy person's, but it's a BIG improvement over the last few years.
maryam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 01:25 AM   #15
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Negative: Near-constant pain from the herniated discs, and the burgeoning arthritis in my joints

Positive: The pain being a catalyst for me to realize that I was not only burned out on nursing, but that physically I probably wouldn't be able to do it for the 20+ years until retirement. This set me on my current career path as a student in Speech Pathology...and I'm loving it!!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
Negative: Near-constant pain from the herniated discs, and the burgeoning arthritis in my joints

Positive: The pain being a catalyst for me to realize that I was not only burned out on nursing, but that physically I probably wouldn't be able to do it for the 20+ years until retirement. This set me on my current career path as a student in Speech Pathology...and I'm loving it!!
Your positive is awesome!!! Congratulations!!

Negative: I'm back to feeling nauseous nearly 24/7 for awhile....

Positive(s): After 7 days of sponge baths, a 1/2 hour scalding shower sure felt amazing! There are no more wires hanging out of my nose, or taped to my face! I can use soap, lotion, and makeup again! I lost 8pnds in a week!!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #17
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Negative: my day did not go as planned yesterday and everything that I needed to get done after work did not happen

Positive: the pup was friendly enough for me to get her in the car and to the vet hospital so that she would get proper medical care

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #18
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

Positive: Got my hair cut this afternoon and I look and feel like a million bucks!

Negative: I forgot that I had martial arts class tonight when I scheduled the appointment, so it will be an absolute mess by the time I'm done sparring, lol.

Oh well, lol.
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post: