Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Anniversaries

Old 08-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default 5th Anniversary: Wood?

Ok. Since I know K isn't a regular on here I can ask this. So this November K and I will celebrate 5 years together. It's been an amazing 5 years and I want to get her something unique and special but made out of wood.

I've contemplated a journal with a wood cover but all the ones I find are blank pages (she likes lined ones). I thought perhaps a little ring box.. with a ring but K doesn't like traditional engagement rings. Which then has me searching for unique but simple rings with swallows.

Sigh.

So, I need some ideas. I've got a few months but I want it to be a special day to celebrate all that we've gone through and all that we're going to go through in life.

If ya have a suggestion, let me know.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Silverware is also a fifth year anniversary gift are you guys into dinner parties?
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I like the idea of a wooden "treasure box" pre-loaded with things that are special to you and her. I have kept a treasure box since Jackhammer's and my first date -replete with ticket stubs, dried roses, love notes, souvenier trinkets, napkins, etc....and a check for $12.00 (dirty story behind that one! LOL). Things that are super sentimental. Heck, you could even fill it with small things like a new journal, some cool stamps, new kinds of tea for her to try, body products, vintage hankies, etc.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Silverware is also a fifth year anniversary gift are you guys into dinner parties?

Not really. More into TV marathons of cheesy sci fi and such.

I did get a mini-idea: an old frame with one of our first pictures together in it and a 2nd one -- newer/modern frame -- with the ring in the center.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

There are wooden rings....

Also other wooden jewelry.

If she would like that type of thing.

sample:

http://woodenringsandthings.com/cata...x.php?cPath=21
Old 08-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
There are wooden rings....

Also other wooden jewelry.

If she would like that type of thing.

Hrmmm.. I'll have to see. She's more into sterling silver and has eclectic tastes (not bling but more subtle stuff).

Old 08-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #7
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Wooden Music Box would be sweet, add the Medusas vintage hankie idea?
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Lightbulb

How about a little tree?? Like them bonsai trees cause tree=wood?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #9
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

A couple of things come to mind...

One of those wood photo frames that have the digital pictures. Load it with pics from your times together.

A basic wood carving kit...if you don't carve things, you could make a note to her in a tree trunk. If nothing else....L + K = forever. It should stay for years.

I know it's cheesy but hey...i'm cheesy so i can't help it.

Will keep thinking.....

Congrats to you both!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #10
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Question

A wooden clock with an inscription or poem on the back?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #11
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Awesome ideas! I'm keeping a little notepad with them to see which one really sings to me at some point (when I've slept longer than 4 hours!)

I do appreciate these and anyone else's ideas that are added here!

Old 08-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #12
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
A wooden clock with an inscription or poem on the back?

Ok, because Medusa was making preverted comments to me I thought this said "A wooden cock with an inscription or poem on the back"

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #13
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

http://www.kyledesigns.com/category/...jewelry_boxes/
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #14
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I make little wood boxes and varnish them, I have a few that I haven't done yet. Let me know if you want one.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #15
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post

Which then has me searching for unique but simple rings with swallows.

If ya have a suggestion, let me know.
As in, the bird? As in, something like this:

or:

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #16
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Ok, because Medusa was making preverted comments to me I thought this said "A wooden cock with an inscription or poem on the back"
Well..

That covers my next suggestion:

Wood COCK sculpture...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #17
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
As in, the bird? As in, something like this:

or:

As in the bird but more like this:

Although I do like those. She loves anything with a swallow in it. She wants to get a tattoo of 3 on her shoulder to represent herself and her two siblings.

Edited: dammit. I need sleep. SPARROW.. not swallow. Sigh.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #18
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

I apologize for such big pics.

You could always have a box created such as something similar to these, but personalized for you and K. Do the wine thing and then reuse box for something different or if you don't drink, have it tailored towards another direction. if you like, holler and I will give you the woman that makes these. she states she can create any design.

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #19
oblivia
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married, treasured, and adored

Thanked 1,430 Times in 359 Posts
oblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations on 5 years, Linus!!!

Shamelessly admitting that I'm TOTALLY watching this thread.... totally forgot 5th anniversary is wood. Mine's tomorrow but we're celebrating more fancy-like next month.... curious what other wood suggestions get made!
oblivia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oblivia For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #20
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

http://koawoodrings.com/faq.htm

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post: