Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpio boo bear.

Thanked 32,039 Times in 9,966 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default *** Angels ***

Have you ever met an angel?

Do you believe that there are angels?

I happen to be very interested in anything Angels: Over the years and since childhood, my grandmother believed with all her heart that each and every person had a guardian angel and that legions of Angels resided in heaven and would come at once to those who needed help, right away.

Well, I never really had a personal experience with an Angel until one day, while riding a bus here in the metro area, I was terribly upset and wanted to get out of the house but didn't have a car of my own back then and of course, my boys were very young. As I recall, my sons were in school that day and I was home alone, overwhelmed with ... feelings. I was teary that day. I was probably about 37 years old back then. Anyway, because the bus ride took me out into the countryside, I fell asleep in my seat and when I woke up, I was nowhere remotely near home. I also had no way to call anyone. Fortunately, the bus was leaving to come back home and on the ride home, a passenger appeared in the seat in front of me. How they got there, I have no idea. We didn't make a stop to pick up a rider. Next thing I knew, this stranger, the passenger, began to make conversation with me as if they knew me personally. I couldn't help but be enchanted by them - they didn't look like a serial killer or some such thing. So I entertained the idea that it was okay to visit with them. He told me some rather remarkable things, that no one else could even possibly know about. Somewhere between the time our conversation ended and me looking out the window of the bus, this passenger disappeared... just like he appeared. It was surreal. But the whole experience left me peaceful. I do believe that I was visited by an angel.

Nothing like that has happened since, though.

But that day is as vivid in my memory as the day it happened.

I'll never forget what that 'angel' and I spoke about... Ever.

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, with certainty.
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,238 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

are you going to tell us what you and the angel spoke about? lol got us all up in the curious now.

i believe this world is filled with more than i'll ever know, ... more than i can comprehend. i believe in everyday angels. i've meet them for sure. i've never met an angel, ... not like you speak of. my mother says that she has been touched by angel. now spirits, yes, i've felt those in different ways. i've never thought of as angels. but yes, i do believe in angels, ... and ghosts, spirits.

great discussion. thank you.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

I certainly do believe I have a Guardian Angel , I can't begin to tell you the times when I was in in danger as a teenager while living in NYC ... if I didn't I wouldn't be here today. Cause I know how to mess up a soup sandwich.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,543 Times in 4,141 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Without question !!!!!!!! I am surrounded by angels.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Oh i know for a FACT we have gaurdian angels. I've met mine. I think sharing my story is a good thing and helps me remember that very special time in my life and one i'll never forget. Even though i have shared this story before, i always hesitate sharing it because i'm afraid people will think i'm a freak. LOL oh well...

When i was 16 i was in a head on collision with a drunk driver. I went through the windshield (before seat belts were mandatory). When EMS got there i was laying on the hood in a pool of blood, not breathing.

There is a lot of things that happened next but, i'll make this as brief as i can...

*what i remember...

seeing headlights, hearing glass breaking, screams (the car i was in had 7 people in it, all teenagers, it was one of those old big cars, i was in the middle front seat)

the next thing i remember was hearing the sweetest voice i have ever heard. It was saying the Lord's Prayer. I opened my eyes and i was in a beautiful field and there was a "being" leaning over me and praying with their hands laying over me but not touching me. He/she (i couldn't really tell what sex) slowly raised their head and looked me straight in the eyes. He/she had the most beautiful crystal clear blue eyes i've ever seen. He/she smiled at me, so soft, so comforting, so loving.

All of that said, there was something more magical that happened. It was the feeling that i had. It was a peace like no other i've ever had. Nothing on this earth could compare.

I remember closing my eyes and just drowning in that peace. Wanting to swim in it, live there, enjoy every second of it.

But.

I started hearing noise. Lots of noise and a loud frantic voice saying "I've got a pulse".

I had died. I had went to the next world. I came back. My heart had been shocked 3 times.

Honestly, i didn't want to come back. And a little of that peace followed me for days.

Sometimes i think that is why i can be a hospice nurse. I am not afraid of death. IMO it is just a bridge to the next world.

Hope that wasn't too long or too much blah blah. I just love sharing that story and even though it was almost 34 years ago, it feels like it just happened when i talk about it. I met my guardian angel. Can't wait to see them in person again and tell them thank you for being there with me that day and sending me back for more of this life.

Great thread.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #7
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

I once had a very close friend who told me the most beautiful stories about angels. I am not going to share them b/c they were very personal and it almost feels that sharing them will somehow tarnish them.

But, it is because of her, and because of a few things that happened to me personally that I can truthfully say that I believe that angels are among us.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpio boo bear.

Thanked 32,039 Times in 9,966 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Well, no, I don't plan on sharing the private details of that specific event, macele... But, thank you for asking me. I think that's very interesting that your mother feels like she was touched by an angel. I wonder if what happened to me was similar to what your mother experienced. Maybe? I don't know...

I really liked the poem you left AngelToes.
Thanks for the poem about the gargoyles...
Such a beautiful, poetic, strand of thought.

Bleu, me too - I certainly have every reason to believe
there are angels. Thank you for your post!

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I used to. I no longer do, but I still have a fascination with angels and all forms of religious art especially that relating to Catholicism. Here is a (long) poem from a children's book about angels who rescue gargoyles. I've always loved this one:

God Bless the Gargoyles
by Dav Pilkey

In a long-ago time, when long ago peoples
were building cathedrals and raising up steeples, they crafted stone creatures and set them on perches to guard and protect and watch over the churches.
So gargoyles were born, and they stood night and day, keeping evil and terrible spirits away. And ne’er was a creature so true and so loyal as the watchful, courageous, and fearless gargoyle.
But the years came and went, and the people did, too.
And in time, they forgot what their ancestors knew.
And whenever they passed by the gargoyles’ lairs, they trembled in fear at the gargoyles’ stares.And as time went along, people’s fear turned to spite, and they sneered and they cursed at the guardians of night:
“Demons!” they grumbled–”Grotesque!” and “Horrid!”
“Those beasts don’t belong on the house of the Lord!”
When the gargoyles heard these words that were spoken, their stony old hearts became crumbled and broken.
Then storms rumbled in, and their eyes filled with rain, and in stillness they stayed, alone and in pain.But as it so happened, some angels were near, and heeding the grief of a gargoyle’s tear, they each fluttered down from the heavens on high to sit with the gargoyles beneath thundering skies.
Now, angels have ways of making things right, so they stayed with the gargoyles all through the night, patting their heads and wiping their tears and whispering life into gargoyle ears.
And soon all the gargoyles did magical things:
They gurgled and coughed and shook out their wings.
Then together the angels and gargoyles took flight, and they soared through the clouds on a blustery night.
And while over pastures and hills they were winging, the voices of angels were radiantly singing
music of healing and songs of rebirth to all of the creatures in all of the earth:

“God bless the rain, and the storm clouds that bring it.
God bless the music, and the voices that sing it.
God bless the ones who sing everything wrong.
God bless the creatures who do not belong.
God bless the hearts and the souls who are grieving for those who have left, and for those who are leaving.
God bless each perishing body and mind,
God bless all creatures remaining behind.
God bless the dreamers whose dreams have awoken.
God bless the lovers whose hearts have been broken.
God bless each soul that is tortured and taunted,
God bless all creatures alone and unwanted.”

And the gargoyles beheld wherever they roamed that the souls of the lost weren’t really alone.
Each one had an angel, each one was protected, and each one was cherished and loved and respected.

And so it is true with the gargoyles this day, for all of the angels who love them have stayed.
And together they wait until days become nights, to embark on their dark and most glorious flights.
So if you see shapes in the night sky, don’t fear–for it simply means angels and gargoyles are near, easing the earth with their gentle night call: “God bless the gargoyles. God bless us all.”
Old 10-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't, or at least I haven't paid enough attention to KNOW if I have.

Finding this thread today is quite interesting because a friend and I were having quite an in depth discussion about this subject just this past weekend!
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chai~ View Post
I haven't, or at least I haven't paid enough attention to KNOW if I have.

Finding this thread today is quite interesting because a friend and I were having quite an in depth discussion about this subject just this past weekend!
There are many times that we only see what we are open to seeing.

I have "escaped" far too many times and so many of those times were with the assistance of someone else.

I would be willing to bet that when you really start to pay attention, you will see so much more than you ever realized possible.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

I was obsessed with angels as a teen. Im really not sure why. Could be that it was the most interesting part of religion to me.

Anyways, I have a picture of what appears to be an angel hovering over my child. She is in her wheelchair. I was taking pics of her in her bedroom, we had just gotten new tile. If I can find it I might post it.

Seeing is believing.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
princesskathie

How Do You Identify?:
Sparkle Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, babydoll, cutiepie, and angelpop all work just fine!
Relationship Status:
All kinds of twitterpated!

princesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputation

I adore this thread! Yes, yes, yes I believe in angels! I believe that every person has a guardian angel and if you call on the angels, you will be surrounded by support.

There is a set of angel cards and a daily angel meditation book both by Doreen Virtue that I love.

Thank you all for your beautiful stories!

Why try to fit in when you were born to stand out?

If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve to have me at my best.
princesskathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #14
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

I absolutely believe in Angels, especially Guardian Angels. I have a several crystals with images of Angels in them. One in particular has a Guardian Angel and a smaller image...perhaps a child...just like in that famous painting of the Angel and the children.

I firmly believe that my Mom is one of my Guardians and the Angels are always with her.

Something else I believe...Sometimes the Angels are us.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #15
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskathie View Post

There is a set of angel cards and a daily angel meditation book both by Doreen Virtue that I love.

I just love Doreen Virtue and have a couple of her books. Now you've got me thinking about getting a set of those cards...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post: