Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 04-22-2019, 05:43 PM   #4621
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,110 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Hey lofters!

Soon to be 42!

I had the cootie game as a kid as well as old gi joes.
We're the same age! I turned 42 in March!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 02:07 PM   #4622
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm feeling so old today I don't think I should be in the loft, try attic.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 06:53 PM   #4623
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Howdy

Yep, I am old but not yet retired.
Folks seem suprised when they learn my age. I guess that I still have a baby face. Ha!

I am thinking about a thread that will help our aging community check in on each other.
I worry about our aging folks including myself. Let's chat about that, I would like to hear what other folks think about our aging community and how we can help each other.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #4624
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I'm feeling so old today I don't think I should be in the loft, try attic.
That's my life every day.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #4625
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

That sounds like a fine idea. Particularly for those who live far from family and/or live alone. I consider myself still pretty young but I'd have to check both those box. I'm half kidding here ... but... I'd hate to keel over and become supper for my cats! Iol Oh yes, I love em, cats are great, but cats are also rude lil fuckers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Yep, I am old but not yet retired.
Folks seem suprised when they learn my age. I guess that I still have a baby face. Ha!

I am thinking about a thread that will help our aging community check in on each other.
I worry about our aging folks including myself. Let's chat about that, I would like to hear what other folks think about our aging community and how we can help each other.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 10:07 PM   #4626
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,110 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still in the younger age range of this thread, but something for aging members of the community sounds like a good idea. Check in and all.

I am also feeling old today. I walked around a LOT yesterday and today and all I feel is old, sore, and tired.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 06:45 PM   #4627
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Feeling weird that in September, I will not technically be eligible to post on this thread.
<<< will be exiting out the back...oy vey!
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 07:10 PM   #4628
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Feeling weird that in September, I will not technically be eligible to post on this thread.
<<< will be exiting out the back...oy vey!
the thread is for 40's, 50's, and over...stick around till you really are "over".

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 08:43 PM   #4629
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,144 Times in 560 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default 6/1 ...

Gracefully retired on 6/1/19 at the age of 61.

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2019, 11:44 AM   #4630
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I feel no shame saying... jealous!!!

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrainbow View Post
Gracefully retired on 6/1/19 at the age of 61.

Ks-
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2019, 05:43 AM   #4631
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Doc says hip is sore only from too much lazy ass sitting around, not bone disease or something.

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 12:50 AM   #4632
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

At 42... my poor body is going to hell !

I have no clue how bad it will be when I get older!

Anyways, there is fresh goodies and drinks in the corner for everyone!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2020, 08:00 PM   #4633
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Who's still here these days? About to be 58 ouch that hurt lol. Actually everything since 54 has hurt. I'm hoping the 60's will be better

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2020, 08:22 PM   #4634
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still here and almost 20 years older than you, 75 in August.

If you are complaining now you have no idea what awaits you.

A few years ago, I was in an art gallery, the gallery was up one flight so I started up the stairs. There was an elevator at the bottom of the stairs and an older couple waiting for it.
I called to them and said "come on, it's only one flight" and they turned to me and said "How old are you?". I said 72. They said "We are 75 and you don't know anything yet".

And so it is my young friend....lol

BTW, stereotyping older women, and me in particular, would lead me to consider you an idiot...some of us just have great genes.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2020, 08:42 PM   #4635
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Who's still here these days? About to be 58 ouch that hurt lol. Actually everything since 54 has hurt. I'm hoping the 60's will be better
I'm 58 as well, for another month anyway. A few months ago I did something painful to a knee without actually knowing what. My Dr said because of my age it must be arthritis! I refused that diagnosis and started regular physical therapy, hmmm not so much help. I am now starting with a well regarded "Holistic" physical therapist and yoga outfit to do a head to toe re-set. I'll let you how that goes in a couple thousand dollars...
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2020, 09:16 PM   #4636
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

My own theory is that unless you are genetically blessed with good bones, and genetic everything else ( including teeth ) , you're doing a nice very expensive job of pushing against the wind.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2020, 09:43 PM   #4637
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
My own theory is that unless you are genetically blessed with good bones, and genetic everything else ( including teeth ) , you're doing a nice very expensive job of pushing against the wind.
Most likely true, but I’ll go down swinging!

It’s been a good decade since my last reset and a stressful one at that so I‘m due.

At least I’m enjoying good health and excellent teeth.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2020, 06:27 PM   #4638
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I'm 58 as well, for another month anyway. A few months ago I did something painful to a knee without actually knowing what. My Dr said because of my age it must be arthritis! I refused that diagnosis and started regular physical therapy, hmmm not so much help. I am now starting with a well regarded "Holistic" physical therapist and yoga outfit to do a head to toe re-set. I'll let you how that goes in a couple thousand dollars...
Follow up: Well, I went to the holistic joint twice a week for a month then once a week for a month and my knee issues are completely cleared up. Very different style of PT as compared to “normal” and I’m really happy about it, also fixed an unrelated neck issue while I was there. I’m going to continue going in once every couple of weeks for a bit because I’m working on some long-term posture issues, but I am making good progress there too.

Still getting older, but hanging in there!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2020, 06:35 PM   #4639
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 26,952 Times in 5,063 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Follow up: Well, I went to the holistic joint twice a week for a month then once a week for a month and my knee issues are completely cleared up. Very different style of PT as compared to “normal” and I’m really happy about it, also fixed an unrelated neck issue while I was there. I’m going to continue going in once every couple of weeks for a bit because I’m working on some long-term posture issues, but I am making good progress there too.

Good for you for trying out something different instead of just accepting what the doc had to say. 58 (or 59 now? Happy Birthday!) is much too young to give up on good health. I'm so glad you're doing better!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 03:46 PM   #4640
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I actually love turning 60,I've never felt so solid,mentally and free.possibly moving near the ocean as well,as removing toxic people in my life
I'm, trying a new pt/sports med guy today but then trying to access a service here.
National dissabilty insurance scheme.
If i'm accepted,the govt pays for weird shit as it is based on a wholeness approach,so I may phisio,plus a trainer,but also guitar lessons ,maybe they will pay for me to record music as diagnosed with Cptsd,music soothes the beast in me.
My mate in Melbourne has a songwrting mentor paid by the govt.

But all i can do is apply and let go.
I was fit as in 2013,and shit hit the fan in 2014 and I'm still trying to phisically recover.
Mentally my Cptsd,has calmed down,I can even read again and recognise myself for the first time in 10 yrs,I have a great therapist.But also my home life is safe and calming and quiet.
All I can say is I feel maybe the best is in front of me.
ive met a great guitar teacher who is a sound engineer with recording studio,who is a bit kooky lol.
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:

Tags
age, good news for once, mature