Old 11-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #241
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Is this a bad time to mention that I never took my tree down from last year?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #242
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow TICK TOCK

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #243
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry Tom,I have two of your cousins in the freezer and u can bet one will be for a thanks giving meal,not to mention the many leftovers that will follow.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2014, 06:20 AM   #244
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking 2 MORE DAYS!~~

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2014, 06:25 AM   #245
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Bring me Tom!!!

Old 11-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #246
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

We're having Tom on Friday, Ami has to work Thursday, and we're having the parental carbon units over so we can all scream and shout and raise our blood pressure. Knowing in advance allows for preemptive research.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #247
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Arrow What happens on Turkey Day...

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #248
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #249
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I may be helping to save Tom. I dunno. I'm going to someone else's house and when I asked what to bring they said, 'you and whatever you think we might not have' without telling me what they have.

This could be interesting.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2014, 07:35 PM   #250
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Old 11-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #251
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Arrow Tom goes in at midnight...

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #252
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 2,413 Times in 362 Posts
Femmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST Reputation
Default Veering off course a bit

I didn't know where to put this one but I know a lot of people are dreading spending time with family over the holidays, or at least holding their breath and then hoping for the best.

With that in mind, I wanted to share what I've personally found to be a helpful list with a roundup of links designed to help those with difficult or otherwise complicated families try to enjoy their time together or to at least minimize the potential for harm and hurt feelings (both for themselves and others). The list covers things like dealing with racist relatives, fat shaming, sensitive dinner topics, food, maintaining your personal boundaries, and practicing self care.

I also wanted to share this advice post (particularly for the comments) from Captain Awkward with anyone who may be interested, especially those coming from supportive and close-knit families who may not quite understand it first hand. It gives some different tips and ways to frame conversations about family around the holidays if you're not close to them when you're asked by (mostly) well meaning people or, as the case may be, how to be a more supportive friend to the people in your life who may not have the same family background you do.

Finally, I've seen some variations of this float about for the past two years around this time and found it a helpful reminder to me as I head into the holiday season:

Quote:
Stop.

Take a moment.

Breathe.

This holiday, too, shall pass.

You are not your weight, your age, the amount of money you make, or the car you drive.
You are not your job or your lack of a job.
You are not your father’s idea of you, or your mother’s, or your grandmother’s, or your great-aunt’s.
You are not the person you were in high school and you are not the person you will be at the end of your life.
You are not your failed relationships, your addictions, your public and private pain.
You are infinite and beautiful and it is impossible for any one person to see or appreciate your totality.
Know that you have more potential for goodness and love in the cuticle of your pinky fingernail than your family bully, abuser, naysayer or shit-talker has in his or her entire person.
You are different.
You are special.
You are not your abuser and you are not your abuse.
You are not your scars.
I don’t know if God is real, but I know you are real, and this world is better for it.
Good luck.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:10 PM   #253
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #254
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default TURKEY?????

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #255
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Arrow YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2014, 06:58 AM   #256
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Talking Baste in Peace Tom....

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #257
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

The bird is in the oven for a long slow cook,it has been prep'd,stuffed with apples an really sweet orange and two stalks of celery then injected with my special blend of flavors to keep it moist and tasty. Then coated with butter and sprinkled with seasonings.Everything else just needs to go in the oven in it's own time.A lot of work for two people but I wouldn't have it any other way,my kitchen is even spot on clean....for now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2014, 07:49 AM   #258
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post

Cool,girl u got style.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2014, 10:03 AM   #259
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
That's cool. The outside of it's head is a bicycle chain.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #260
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

No saving Tom from this guy!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
bored, fuckery, spanksgiving, tom, turkey