Old 02-04-2018, 11:27 AM   #11
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Kittens, totally unexpected. Neighbor said probably 2, maybe even 3 weeks still to go. Feeling in no rush my plan was to sleep the day away, have coffee, then order some things off Amazon for the big event. Instead Monte woke me, led me to her. Nothing looked out of the ordinary so I fed and watered and treated them both. Turned around to exit kitchen and yep surprise she was going to have them. I had to quick throw together a makeshift birthing center in the bathroom. She had five – all healthy and robust. I was worried about the last one though, the runt of the litter. Mom was too exhausted to cut its cord, so I had to help her finish delivering it. But now it's in there kicking ass and taking names, fighting for food with the best of them. These kittens are such wild things, I've never seen newborn kittens whoop on each other this much! Next hurdle, seeing them weaned. Now even though it's only 7:30 I'm exhausted and unless I get a second wind expect to be in bed by 9 maybe even earlier. But it's a good kind of tired – new life brought into the world and all. Birth is just amazing.
Congratulations on your new feline brood! Years ago my cat, Oreo, waited for me to get off of work before settling in to deliver. It was an amazing thing to witness.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: