Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2020, 07:01 PM   #11
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
How much can polls mean when the only people who respond to them are the people who like responding to polls.
A couple of other things I always like to watch out for: When a certain publication says something like “135 of our readers responded”… Well, we know that those readers are probably already pre-biased by their selection of publication. Also, I always look for the margin of error which in politics is frequently +/-3%, If we use this poll as the example taking away 3% from the higher figure and adding 3% to the lower figure would completely reversed the outcome.

This poll did not specify any margin of error. The sample group was selected from “registered voters“. Obviously not all of them and no other selection criteria was listed. Leading me to the conclusion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I personally think polls are a lot of malarkey and I don't waste my time reading them!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2020, election