Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dating a Transwoman

I found this article tonight, and thought that I would share it with everyone. I find it quite interesting, and worthy of further thought. http://www.autostraddle.com/getting-...-women-160269/
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Nadeest! That's very informational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
I found this article tonight, and thought that I would share it with everyone. I find it quite interesting, and worthy of further thought. http://www.autostraddle.com/getting-...-women-160269/

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,866 Times in 2,474 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Nadeest, I hope you know by now that I thread stalk you!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this and starting this thread. You always give me so much to think about, especially because I don't have personal contact with any "folk of trans experience" like myself, in my offline world. It makes me feel isolated, in some respects, and articles like this make me feel like my community is just this much closer to me. Some of what the author of the article speaks about is just as relevant to men of trans experience, too.

Thanks again, and have a wonderful week!!

~Theo~
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Nadeest thank you for posting this. I found the article very interesting and was glad to read it to remind me that my sisters have it difficult too. I really liked the authors comment about how you are either a trans or a woman but not both. I feel the same way way when someone refers to me as a trans man. It is like saying I am less of a man. I am either a trans or a man, well at least for society sake because in my head I am a man.

Once again my friend thank you....maybe I should thread stalk you more.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I don't necessarily agree with the author about that phrase/word, but to each their own. To my mind, I am both trans and a woman; therefore, I don't mind being called a transwoman, as long as they are not trying to disparage me, by doing so.

I've had different experiences then most women, especially when growing up. This particular body of mine has never experienced the normal female reproductive cycles, not will it, ever. I didn't deal with female puberty, as a teenager, instead, I underwent a shortened version of it, as an adult. These are facts. I can't ignore them, and I refuse to try. Denying them would simply send me back into the same frame of mind that I had, when I refused to admit to myself, that I was ts. I won't do that.

KnightsBlade, I don't see you as less then a man, at all. Nor do I see any other ftm as such. I've dealt with cis-males, and I've dealt with ftms. The differences that I've seen, between the two types is that ftms generally tend to have a bit more compassion and understanding of what women go thru then cis-males do.

They also tend to have a bit more understanding of what it is like to transition, which is one reason that I'd date an ftm a lot quicker then I would a cis-male. There is also the fact that I don't have to worry quite so much about being assaulted, when I have to have that 'talk' with a male that i am attracted to.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Thatta girl! Haven't read the article.
Long day and I work tomorrow. However, I just had to say, in regards to the post of yours that I dinged...thatta girl Nadeest! All my respect!
DMW
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post: