How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, hy, hym, does not matter
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,604 Times in 411 Posts
Morgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Paying It Forward

I have looked through the threads, searching for a place to put something, which happened to socialjustice_fsu and myself this evening. I am a big believer in what goes around comes around....and feel that paying it forward is the only way to be. I know I can feel sorry for myself and wonder why all the negative shit happens in my life or give back and see what happens, it feels good to see someone smile, to see someone get something they need and to see a light in someone's eyes....

We met a young girl working in a restaurant, making $4 dollars an hour, raising 3 young boys alone, dead beat dad, and just barely surviving...the system sucks, corporate America sucks, keep them down, don't let them rise up....what is wrong, how can we be so f.....ing selfish. America home of the free, land of the brave......more like home of the greed, land of indentured. How can we expect these young people to overcome obstacles, they live in projects, they work at dead end jobs, they are not given the opportunity to raise above, so when we see an opportunity to help someone...we need to embrace it. Step outside of our comfort zone, find out what is going on, don't assume, ask questions, you may be surprised. People don't always want a hand out, maybe they just need a hand up......

After much discussion, SJ and I realized that the old and worn out laptop we were going to dispose of, which still had much use, could help her and her kids, get out of the situation she is in. Her desire to attend classes, the need to find a better job, a way of getting her out of the projects and into HUD housing, a small gesture, but a tool to afford her an opportunity out. So please remember it only takes a little to create something big....hopefully she will pass it on, and they will pass it on, etc, etc.....