Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
yotlyolqualli

How Do You Identify?:
submissive femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
moving forward and not looking back... anything is possible!

Thanked 1,271 Times in 184 Posts
yotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputation
Default Daily devotional thought/s song/s & idea/s

There is something about music that reaches out and touches us in places that nothing else can. I created this thread so that we can share encouraging thoughts and songs and idea's with each other.

The song on my heart this morning is a very simple song. It has 2 "verses" each verse has only a few words sung over and over again. When I sing it, when I hear it, my mind and heart goes to a place where there is complete rest, complete peace, complete safety.

Be still and know that I am God

I am the Lord that healeth thee

I am the Lord that healetth thee

I am the Lord that healeth thee

Daily devotional thought: ...and now abides these three things; faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love...

faith without works is nothing. You can't have hope without faith. Niether faith nor hope can exist without love.

First idea...
While attending Rosedale Bible College (it's a university now), in the girls Dorm, we had a "Joshua" tree. Don't ask me why it was called that, because I have no clue! LOL It was put out in a common area, so that even guys could post on it. If you wanted to encourage someone, or congrat someone, or just let someone know that they were being thought of, you posted a note to that person, anonymously. I can't tell you what it meant to me to get notes on that board. It was encouraging, it was uplifting and it was beautiful. I wish there were a way to do that on here, but I don't see how it could work. BUT you can do it in your everyday life.

At the church I grew up in, we had a Secret Sister group. Every year we would put everyone's name in a basket and draw a name. You became that person's "secret sister". You sent cards, you bought gifts for holidays, anniveraries and birthdays. That too, was encouraging and uplifting, as well as being FUN! At the end of the year, we would reveal our "secret sisters" and draw names for the next year.

Choose someone in your neighborhood or at your work place and become their "secret sister." Implement a "Joshua" tree in your home or church or even your work place. I can honestly say that giving was just as beautiful and uplifting as receiving, if not more so. Take the time out of your day to make someone smile and forget, even if just for a moment, their worries, struggles and pains. Knowing you have lifted someone's spirit, will lift yours too!

and remember, for those of you who believe in God... when life starts getting chaotic, when hurts and situations seem out of control...

He will never leave us, nor forsake us.