Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 03-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #121
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WicketWWarrick View Post
Hello all, good to see Andrew and Apocalipstic around. I'd been meaning to bump this thread so check in - you guys beat me to it.

I'm doing okay, seem to be well-maintained. Drugs, therapy, coping mechanisms - that's what makes my life go round. Not much else to report here...

Kayden,
As always good to see you around! Please know you are thought about often and I am always one of your cheerleaders to encourage you on to do great things. You are special to many. - Tamara
socialjustice_fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to socialjustice_fsu For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #122
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

There is no upside to depression, in my opinion. My entire family, going back generations have this. So, there is no upside about it. It is pure hell from my perspective. I am someone who is very tired of fighting it each and every day but does with my boots on.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2010, 11:49 PM   #123
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to say hello again. I havent been on in ever so long. But, I am back once again, in need of my outlet, some place to speak my mind. Some place to feel excepted.

I am going through a phase again, felling unmotivated, depressed, overwhelmed. Slowly things are getting better, but they are not there yet. I wish I could get my mother to understand how much she makes things worse sometimes. That asking me why I am crying and telling me how ridiculous it is only makes me want to cry more. That when I am overwhelmed, sick, just been woke up, and in pain... crying goes along with it all and I don't really have a choice.

Anyway, enough of my rant. I am glad to see this thread still active. Thank you all for being here, even if i wasn't for a while.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #124
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
I wanted to say hello again. I havent been on in ever so long. But, I am back once again, in need of my outlet, some place to speak my mind. Some place to feel excepted.

I am going through a phase again, felling unmotivated, depressed, overwhelmed. Slowly things are getting better, but they are not there yet. I wish I could get my mother to understand how much she makes things worse sometimes. That asking me why I am crying and telling me how ridiculous it is only makes me want to cry more. That when I am overwhelmed, sick, just been woke up, and in pain... crying goes along with it all and I don't really have a choice.

Anyway, enough of my rant. I am glad to see this thread still active. Thank you all for being here, even if i wasn't for a while.
I totally get that!

It would seem obvious that telling you you are being ridiculous when you are crying would only make it worse. UGH.

Do you live with your Mom? Is there a way to avoid her during those times?

Actually, it's good for you to cry and vent and I hope you find a safe place to cry and feel free to come here and vent with us any time.

I am in hoped that Spring will help us all feel a bit better!
Old 03-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #125
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Jenn,
There is nothing wrong with crying. Nothing at all. In fact, I posted in one of the threads that it is really lightening the load to cry in so many words. It is ok to cry, even in public. What use is it to hold it inside? None. Everyone cries. Everyone.

Anyone who says differently is a bold face liar. I will be happy to state that for the record as well, or to their face. When my father tried to pull that crap with me at my sister's funeral, I came nose to nose with him in the Parish, and I asked him to just leave. So trust me, go ahead & let it rip. I know that if you asked any of the guys or gals here, they would all agree with me. Ok? Ok.

As for venting, we are all ears. Go right ahead. We will listen.

Love,
Andrew
ox

The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #126
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I totally get that!

It would seem obvious that telling you you are being ridiculous when you are crying would only make it worse. UGH.

Do you live with your Mom? Is there a way to avoid her during those times?

Actually, it's good for you to cry and vent and I hope you find a safe place to cry and feel free to come here and vent with us any time.

I am in hoped that Spring will help us all feel a bit better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

Jenn,
There is nothing wrong with crying. Nothing at all. In fact, I posted in one of the threads that it is really lightening the load to cry in so many words. It is ok to cry, even in public. What use is it to hold it inside? None. Everyone cries. Everyone.

Anyone who says differently is a bold face liar. I will be happy to state that for the record as well, or to their face. When my father tried to pull that crap with me at my sister's funeral, I came nose to nose with him in the Parish, and I asked him to just leave. So trust me, go ahead & let it rip. I know that if you asked any of the guys or gals here, they would all agree with me. Ok? Ok.

As for venting, we are all ears. Go right ahead. We will listen.

Love,
Andrew
ox

Thank you both for your responses.

I do live with my parents. I moved back in with them when I got custody of my children back from their father. Hopefully it wont be forever, but, it will be at least until I finish college. I am going back to school in a year or two to get my teaching certificate.

I have a 5 year old son with special needs (most probably autistic) and a 7 year old daughter. I knew when I took them back that I couldn't handle it on my own right now. My anxiety sometimes just makes it so hard, especially while my son is so young still. I need my mothers help, and she helps most of the time, but it seems when I really need the help most she reverts to the old school attitude she grew up with and tells me its all in my head and that all I have to do is just decide not to feel overwhelmed or upset... When I need her most she refuses to help, that is until I loose it and end up locked in my room...
Old 03-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #127
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Jenn,

It sounds like we are around the same age. I am 46 yo. I do think that our parents come from that age of thinking. For example, "snap out of it" or like you said "it's all in your head". When I was in my young teens I was suffering from a horrible bout of depression. I asked my mother if I could go talk to my doctor. I received a punishment for even thinking that. I was looked at like I had 3 heads on my body.

I totally get it. You most definitely have my support and compassion. I will be praying for you. Take care of yourself.

Namaste,
Andrew