Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 05-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #61
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Mothers Day was a day I grew up hating my mom died when I was 9 and even before that I never thought she wanted me. I grew more and more bitter after my Momie2 ( the woman who raised me) passed away.. but I finally have come to see that my own mother LOVED me so much that she did what she thought was the best thing for me and that was never to get close to me because she knew how screwed up she was when she died in a drunk driving accident, she drove off a cliff I was ok my big brother on the other hand was a mess.. I think she knew in her heart that she was not able to mother me and so she found Mommie2 to take care of me , and that was a great gift.. now that I am a mother I see it differently and I also have been blessed with a amazing step mother who is a wonderful lady and mother because she did not have to be.. she came into my life when I was 15 and has been a rock for me I still have a twinge on mothers day I wonder if my mom would be proud of me and how I turned out but I know my Dad and Jenn sure are
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #62
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Some of us find Mother's (and Father’s) Day a time to remember our Mother’s and how they nurtured and loved us. I miss my Mother every single day and always will. Holding her as she left and thanking her for what she graced in my life was an honor for me. She did not have an easy childhood, but did not allow that history of abuse and alcoholism by her own mother in vade her own parenting. More than once, I heard her words- "I will not be my mother to you, I do not have to do that."

I always think about her experiencing the loss of 3 children in her own lifetime as well as not only the love of her life, but her best friend, my Dad. Both of whom were a mix of the values and challenges of early 20th century immigrant life in the US.

Others of us did not have very safe and nurturing mothers and Mother’s Day is painful in very different ways. Most likely harder than what I feel because their mothers are still alive and will not be feeling many positive thoughts about their mothers. Some people just didn’t get the “good stuff” that I know I did and am grateful for. Perfection or being faultless, no. But a loving, strong influence in my life, yes. All I can say is “Thank You, Ma- you did good.”
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #63
Oneida

How Do You Identify?:
Free

Oneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST Reputation

First one without Mom...a tear rolls down my face now just like the one that dropped on her cheek as she left us that Autumn morning...
Oneida is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Oneida For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #64
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation

This is the first year without my mother. In her death she looked beautiful...I was in awe of her and am in awe of her.
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to NorCalStud For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #65
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Additional post- forgive me.

I came to parenthood in a very unconventional manner- through death and family duty (which is quite OK). I know I will get one of 3 Mother's Day calls from my son (and that he is). We will laugh, we will cry and I will have pride in the father he grew to be.

Also, there will be a call from one of his childhood friends that we all just took in because the kid had assholes for parents. More laughs and tears. he too, grew into a wonderful parent. This makes me so happy because this kid could have been not a very good dad at all.

I don't want flowers or candy or even a card. I love those calls and the conversations. But mostly, I love seeing how resilient humans can be even in the face of ugliness and cruel circumstances.

Yet, I can look at my son's biological mother and Andrew's and know that they did love their kids. They just couldn't overcome some horrible demons. So, they both will get my annual call to see how they are doing. Not so many laughs, and more tears, but there is strength in forgiveness. And I do always let them both know that I know they loved their kids.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #66
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

as some others i dont have a great relationship with my mother--in fact if it were not for my son i probably would not have any. with that being said ,my son makes up for all the bad and negative stuff surrounding Mothers Day. I do tend to think of my foster mom from time to time although i havent spoken to any of them since i left when i was 16. She is the one that taught me right frojm wrong...how to tell the truth..not twist things to make myself look good or pitied(depending on the topic) Sadly i did not realize at the time what a wonderful mother i had in her bc i was still disillusioned about my real mother....so if i see its gonna be a rough day i look at my son,hug him or just tell him i love him and he makes everything better
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #67
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
My Mom passed away last year on May 22nd; this is my first year without her smiling face.

I just had a Birthday, my 50th. I always thought she would be here to tease me about being 50...but no one was there to tell me the story of my birth as was her custom on our birthdays...I'm not sure how I will make it through the day.
(((((Tink))))) i know Punkin', i missed my Mom teasing me about my 50th too...she died about 2 months before Mother's Day and it was very difficult...as was her birthday a couple weeks later...

(((((NorCal))))) (((((Oneida)))))

Plan a way to celebrate your mom (doesn't have to be a huge thing) and make it your own. As for me, i'm planning on doing something that would totally freak mine out...LOL

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #68
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

just want to clarify my Dad has been married 5 times now Jenn is the one her married when I was in high school and not living with him the one before her saw to that and I had been sent to the grandparents then to a foster home.. Jenn was more guiding to me as an Adult she let me come to her and has shown me so much in fact she gave me my father back... when my mother died I was sent to live with my dad and step # 4 I was told to call her MOM and she was one who never had kinds or wanted them I was a troubled kid with a lot of baggage and Damage she dealt with me by using a jockey whip enough said..

Funny thing is that I have found that my friends mothers have always tried to mother me like they know I am with out if that makes sence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard View Post
Mothers Day was a day I grew up hating my mom died when I was 9 and even before that I never thought she wanted me. I grew more and more bitter after my Momie2 ( the woman who raised me) passed away.. but I finally have come to see that my own mother LOVED me so much that she did what she thought was the best thing for me and that was never to get close to me because she knew how screwed up she was when she died in a drunk driving accident, she drove off a cliff I was ok my big brother on the other hand was a mess.. I think she knew in her heart that she was not able to mother me and so she found Mommie2 to take care of me , and that was a great gift.. now that I am a mother I see it differently and I also have been blessed with a amazing step mother who is a wonderful lady and mother because she did not have to be.. she came into my life when I was 15 and has been a rock for me I still have a twinge on mothers day I wonder if my mom would be proud of me and how I turned out but I know my Dad and Jenn sure are

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #69
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation
Default Amused with myself

For some reason, I was confused and thought last Sunday was Mother's Day. I spent 2 -3 days having an emotional reaction, until I discovered my mistake.

My initial reaction was, "oh great, now I have to go through this all over again next week!".

Then: I had a good laugh at myself.

Although my reasons for sadness are quite valid, I had a good look at the power suggestion, and the ability of my mind to take my feelings on a twisted ride. I see now that I need not have another hard weekend because of this. I have acknowledged my struggle to myself and others, felt my feelings, and come back to my strong center.

I plan to spend the real Mother's Day doing something nourishing for myself (or in a frenzy if I have not yet finished the paper due the next day!) and appreciating all that I am blessed with.
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #70
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

I want to thank Ruthie for starting this even as it was hard to post in it to say out loud what I felt for years but it felt good and it has me thinking about the mother I want to be to my goose.. I just never ever want her to doubt my love and support for her.. I remember when she was born Jenn asked me what we would have the goose call her as I cal her Jenn I told her she was Grandma and tok the time to tell her what I never had how even though it came after I was 22 I finally had a mother Her.. I just wish I would have taken advantage of that whan ahe first came into my life but I did not trust and she never pushed..
On a side note on FB right now many of my friends are posting to put a picture of your mom as your profile pict I so have had to bit back from putting snarkky replys yes I still have issues and anger BUT my neice is on my FB and to my big brother our mother was a saint and I wont hurt him lke that
be well all
and may you have peace

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #71
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My youngest (not-so-young anymore!) child called me as I was dozing off last night to tell me that I was not to plan anything for Sunday, that I was her's that day! lol

<doing happy Mom dance>

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #72
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I like the idea of nourishing myself this Mother's Day. I think Mommie would have liked that.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #73
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

we are spending Mothers Day at Magic Kingdom this yr.......guess thats a good way to celebrate with our boys!

i have a hard time doing things for my mom on mothers day...getting a card especially...wanting it thank her for giving me birth(bc without her i wouldnt have been here to give birth to my son) but not going overboard on fake sentiment.....does anyone else have that issue?
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #74
MaggieBluIze

How Do You Identify?:
Feisty Kick Butt Bratty Babygirl Femme LOL
Preferred Pronoun?:
Something Sweet Please =)
Relationship Status:
My rainbow bubble holds love, happiness and life with my sweet Husbutch Daddy Bass!

Thanked 5,385 Times in 1,504 Posts
MaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST Reputation

So ... Mother's Day is fast approaching and I was dreading it, greatly ...
I just heard from a very dear and sweet friend that they took a vacation day off for Sunday just so they can make it a fun, interesting, and NOT depressing day for me ... I am so very blessed. My family and my friends have been a true blessing in my life that I am so very thankful for. I will miss my daughter horribly, but will not let it destroy a day that will be filled with friendship, laughs, caring and love.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #75
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

Andrew.. Came on today to bump this thread only to find you already had! THANKS soooo much!

This weekend is proving harder than I thought it would be. Keeping busy with friends. Went out last night and a lesbian couple I know brought out thier baby girl. Tiny little thing. Sweet as can be. Held her for a while and was ok at that time, but now all I can think about is why did God forget about me. I teach 1 years olds everyday.... see more neglect than I care to think about . I believe in God, but He is gonna have to fill me in on this decision of His when I see Him.

Step children still not talking to me. I expect no phone call or card to come from anyone. I have mothered hundreds in my life, yet mother to no one. Breaks my heart.

I will go out today to the farmers market I love which just opened for the season today. Get my nails done. Then go to a friends house for the Kentucky derby.

Tomorrow I will have to put up a good front for my Mom.. stiff upper lip. Smile as my heart is breaking. I will do my best... hopefully it will be good enough.

ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruthie14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #76
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation

bumping this thread..
Old 05-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #77
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am sitting here feeling so weepy and sad, wishing I had known last year with my mom was going to be my last. I know that I am blessed beyond words to have my lovely daughter with me, and I think I am going to pull myself out of this funk and plan something fun for her.

Hug someone you love folks while you still can.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #78
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you Ruthie for reminding me that I have so much more than I lost. I hope you find a way to be at peace tomorrow, and I am sending you a huge hug. (((((((Ruthie))))))
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #79
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Peace would be wonderful!
The Following User Says Thank You to ruthie14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #80
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

For those of you who, for various reasons, experience difficulty regarding Mother's Day, I send you my compassion. Hugs too!

My mom passed in '84. I don't think anything about Mother's Day except it is just another day. Both my parents were alcoholic. Charlie (father) was very violent and physically abusive. How sad to live life so mad and angry all the time. It was a hell of a ride growing up with those two clowns - you never knew what was about to happen. Dull moments were unheard of. These poor souls never sought recovery - their choice ... so the insanity rocked on.

I will be 55 years old this summer. When I was about 31 years old, I am so thankful I had a moment of clarity and sought help ... started my recovery path for my alcohol/drug addictions. I cut the demons off at the pass.
Recovery is a pretty good deal!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: