Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 03-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #101
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110312/...s_fish_die_off

Sardine die off in SoCal.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #102
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
I think that the whirlpool was interesting. Did they ever say how that happened?

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #103
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
I think that the whirlpool was interesting. Did they ever say how that happened?
Not in that article. From my understanding of the phenomenon it has to do with currents and underwater obstructions.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #104
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Mega quakes—more powerful than thousands of nuclear bombs, this is the subject of another great National Geographic show. Keep your eyes open for it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #105
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_tsunami_atlantis

Atlantis found? NGO special this Sunday.
This was fascinating, and something I will keep tabs on. I hope they can figure out an inexpensive way to excavate below all of that ground water. Thanks for sharing this, Corkey!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #106
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
This was fascinating, and something I will keep tabs on. I hope they can figure out an inexpensive way to excavate below all of that ground water. Thanks for sharing this, Corkey!
You are very welcome, I've taped it so Ami and I can watch it together.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #107
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...-of-the-planet

Science of the quake in Japan.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #108
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/201103...ewmeasurements

Dark energy.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #109
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Hidden..._sc/1299798903

Fun stuff. Camera captures rare species.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #110
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110318/...ation_monitors

Radiation reaches California, no cause for concern.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #111
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...-massive-quake

What Japans earthquake sounds like.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #112
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110322/...ter_shark_jaws

So glad this Jaws isn't around today
Old 03-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #113
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...gerous-volcano

Congo's volcano. NGO special.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #114
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110324/...ter_s_farewell

NASA to shut down Stardust space craft.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #115
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rewrite History

http://www.kansas.com/2011/03/25/177...-in-texas.html

Artifacts may rewrite human history.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #116
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_shipwreck_antique_chain

Atocha treasure.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #117
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110326/...ation_monitors

Gaps in US monitoring systems.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:31 AM   #118
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default So, we learned nothing from TMI (apparently)

Persuant to the link posted by Corkey. I have a few tid bits I'd like to add. Tomorrow it will be 33 years since the Three mile Island melt down. Yes, it was a melt down. I was just beginning my first round of college geek studies when this happened. Later in life, round two of geek studies enlightened me to much more about that whole thing. As AtLast posted in another thread, the reports coming out of Japan vary and are conflicting. EXACTLY what happened here.

Our Goverment reported that the TMI melt down released 10 billion curries. WOW. No amount of radiation is safe.

By 8 a.m., the day of the meltdown, the monitors were at maximum capacity. Therefore, there was no direct way to assess how much damage was actually being done.

Many times, and many years later, Independent/unbiased scientists reexamined the melt down and felt 150 billion curries escaped. Quite a disparity in those numbers.

We've had over thirty years to make monitors that actually monitor, or did we stop doing that (feeling safe?)

Want to talk about cancer?

I have a hard time listening to these reports, as I am a skeptic to the accurate reporting and full disclosure. It will be years before we actually know. Just my opinion.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #119
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Persuant to the link posted by Corkey. I have a few tid bits I'd like to add. Tomorrow it will be 33 years since the Three mile Island melt down. Yes, it was a melt down. I was just beginning my first round of college geek studies when this happened. Later in life, round two of geek studies enlightened me to much more about that whole thing. As AtLast posted in another thread, the reports coming out of Japan vary and are conflicting. EXACTLY what happened here.

Our Goverment reported that the TMI melt down released 10 billion curries. WOW. No amount of radiation is safe.

By 8 a.m., the day of the meltdown, the monitors were at maximum capacity. Therefore, there was no direct way to assess how much damage was actually being done.

Many times, and many years later, Independent/unbiased scientists reexamined the melt down and felt 150 billion curries escaped. Quite a disparity in those numbers.

We've had over thirty years to make monitors that actually monitor, or did we stop doing that (feeling safe?)

Want to talk about cancer?

I have a hard time listening to these reports, as I am a skeptic to the accurate reporting and full disclosure. It will be years before we actually know. Just my opinion.
I'll believe independent scientific information before I believe a utility company or a government agency. The increase in cancer related deaths and contamination continues to be an issue in this state. Too bad we have a governor who is blind to the suffering of his constituents and is suing the feds on healthcare reform. Yep I remember TMI and the horror continues.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #120
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_sci_mars_rovers

Rover phone home.....